1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Over from England to attend first ever Packers game!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Gunslinger73, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Gunslinger73

Gunslinger73 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All
    Ok - this is a wonderful "problem" to have

In the States currently visiting friends and my girlfriend has sprung an earlier present on me - got tickets to opening game against the 49ers!!!!

Only been to Green Bay once, was off-season and didn't get a chance to do the Stadium tour as was there for just a few hours.

SO - what to see and do.

Tailgate recommendations? Things to see/do? Food recommendations?

We'll drive up early as want to see EVERYTHING possible - hoping people can give me some inside info for my first EVER trip to see the green & gold!!

To say I'm excited is an understatement. My best mate and I will be in Section 114 and going somewhat nuts at being at a game at Lambeau :D

2. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Go to the statium for the tour if they are still doing them this close to the season ( they have that info at packers.com). Go to "title town brewery" good food and good beer. Curleys pub is also a fan favorite for pub style food and beer. Go to the pro shop at the stadium to get some packer gear, it can be pricey, but it is still a fun place to browse around. Tailgating before the game: GET THERE EARLY 3-4 hours before the game. Packer fans are VERY generous and love to share their tailgating experience with other fans. Gets some beer brats for sure. Take a camera for tailgating and game pics.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,948