Over-confident, egotistical Packer fans?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
IT'S THE APOCALYPSE! :eek: THE SKY IS FALLING! :eek: Some fans had faith in the team they love and they were wrong for ONE WHOLE GAME. :eek: Shame on them for believing in their team. Shame on Coach McCarthy for saying he always insists they can win every game. Shame on the Packers for saying it was possible. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME. :mad:

This whole team needs to be fired and rebuilt. Fire McCArthy, Fire TT. Bring back Favre! They lost one. The Defense is terrible, the offense is terrible, the special teams are terrible, the popcorn vendors are terrible, the parking lot attendants are terrible. Shame on them.....

We should ALL be fair weather fans who are only happy when they win and always find fault with the team....

First of all you aren't funny. Secondly, it doesn't make you a fairweather fan for finding faults in the team because the faults can be what seperates a game from being a close nail-biter or a dominant blowout performance. Or even a win or loss.

No fan of any team wants to lose and no fan wants to be constantly on the verge of cardiac arrest in the waning minutes of a football game

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
lol everytime someone has criticism about the team everyone takes it as an insult like we are a terrible football team and aren't going to win anything.

That's exactly the tone the OP of this topic takes week in and week out. Talk to him about it. It's one thing to make an objective criticism, but FR has a habit of taking it to unrealistic extremes and has a LOT of animosity toward this team for some reason (and anyone who has the audacity to not bow to his superior wisdom.)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Here come all the negative threads! Stay true Packer Fans!

We saw it coming. I guess this answers the thread about forgetting how to lose. This is a great team and a great season. I'm enjoying the ride and I know how to lose graciously. Heck I lived through the 80's, I'll live through 1 loss.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along? :(

Some love and understanding for all! I think we must understand that we all process things differently and we all have different opinions, yet underneath it all, we are all united under the same banner. The last thing we need here is mutiny amongst ourselves. Save your hostility for the trolls that are sure to come out of the woodwork now. Remember your love for this team is stronger than any difference of opinion. Raise your bloody swords and fight for the Pack!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along? :(

Some love and understanding for all! I think we must understand that we all process things differently and we all have different opinions, yet underneath it all, we are all united under the same banner. The last thing we need here is mutiny amongst ourselves. Save your hostility for the trolls that are sure to come out of the woodwork now. Remember your love for this team is stronger than any difference of opinion. Raise your bloody swords and fight for the Pack!

Sometimes I think we all need to stop with the "I told you so's Kitten." I can be guilty too.

We have a constant "Look I told you. This D sucks. They were bound to lose a game." "I told you some of you were cocky and too into this 19-0 thing." "Oh look Tebow is sucking again. Wow I told you he would and ESPN was wrong." "Wow hear what ESPN said? I told you they were wrong."

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IT'S THE APOCALYPSE! :eek: THE SKY IS FALLING! :eek: Some fans had faith in the team they love and they were wrong for ONE WHOLE GAME. :eek: Shame on them for believing in their team. Shame on Coach McCarthy for saying he always insists they can win every game. Shame on the Packers for saying it was possible. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME. :mad:

This whole team needs to be fired and rebuilt. Fire McCArthy, Fire TT. Bring back Favre! They lost one. The Defense is terrible, the offense is terrible, the special teams are terrible, the popcorn vendors are terrible, the parking lot attendants are terrible. Shame on them.....

We should ALL be fair weather fans who are only happy when they win and always find fault with the team....
This post is over the top. I've read the thread and I don't see anything warranting such a post.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
Everybody needs to chill the hell out. It was a perfect storm of bad defense, O-line injuries, and WR drops(Finley). If all of those things happen in the playoffs then i'll be shocked. We'll be fine in the long run. We're acting like Rodgers got bent like Johnny Knox or something.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
In the spirit of getting along. If any of you are real disturbed with the Pack, you can send your tickets to me instead of burning them. I'll relieve you of the terrible burden of having to go to another game. ;)

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he was exaggerating for effect. I also detect a note of sarcasm thrown in there too.
It was inflammatory. You see it differently than I. Not the only post made in this regard btw.

"We saw it coming. I guess this answers the thread about forgetting how to lose. This is a great team and a great season. I'm enjoying the ride and I know how to lose graciously. Heck I lived through the 80's, I'll live through 1 loss."

Then, "In the spirit of getting along. If any of you are real disturbed with the Pack, you can send your tickets to me instead of burning them. I'll relieve you of the terrible burden of having to go to another game."

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we had won the game today, no one would be calling out the defense.

They played the same game they have all year, bend but dont break.
they got 4 field goals, 3 of which were at the goal line so could have been TD's

Yes they gave up alot of yards and made a mediocre QB look like a probowler but that has been happening all season long.

Today showed though how dependant we are on Rodgers having a good game.
Today also showed us that not every game Rodgers plays is a great one.

This really does come down to the defense

Though I do think with 3 timeouts and a 2 minute warning we should have kicked it back.

It wouldnt have mattered however because we couldnt stop them marching down the field.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's exactly the tone the OP of this topic takes week in and week out. Talk to him about it. It's one thing to make an objective criticism, but FR has a habit of taking it to unrealistic extremes and has a LOT of animosity toward this team for some reason....
False.
The thing is, I lived thru the awful Packers of the 1980's, and late 70's too.
I've learned time & time again nobody is unbeatable.

I've also learned that there is often more to, behind, simply numbers like our record.
Our defense has been crappy, there's no getting around it. It reminds me of 2009 because it was bad then too, but we got by with a great offense and plenty of turnovers.

But when we ran into a great QB (which often tends to happen in post-season), we were exposed big time, lost, and were eliminated. That was Kurt Warner.

Last post-season, we didn't have to face Warner. Or Brees. Or Brady. Or Manning. We did stop Big Ben, and got 2 bug interceptions on great plays from Collins (Howard Green), and Jarrett Bush (yes). We still barely won, and needed a Mendenhall fumble. There's a lot of luck in a game too.

The bottom line here is we're most likely going to have to beat Brees and Brady to win this Super Bowl.
If the defense doesn't somehow magically improve a lot, this might not be our last loss. Home field advantage is not worth nearly as much as some people think it is.

Now, we are still the Vegas oddsmakers to win the Super Bowl, but we have some work to do.
This loss doesn't bother me to be honest, nearly as much as seeing Sherrod's leg snapped like that. I hate hate hate hate knee, leg injuries.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure about egoistical overconfident Packers fans, though I'm sure there's bound to be some.

What I find absolutely disgusting is the so-called Packers fans that think it's okay to start harassing players on twitter, fb, etc... because they laid an egg. Those spoiled, infantile bunch that believe players are just a tool for their amusement and that they owe them something, those really get on my nerves.

The negative nancies also bother me, but everyone's got the right to express their opinions if they do so politely, as misguided as that opinion may be.

Lemme just say this: there are 31 teams that would love to be in the situation we're in.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
False.
The thing is, I lived thru the awful Packers of the 1980's, and late 70's too.
I've learned time & time again nobody is unbeatable.

I've also learned that there is often more to, behind, simply numbers like our record.
Our defense has been crappy, there's no getting around it. It reminds me of 2009 because it was bad then too, but we got by with a great offense and plenty of turnovers.

But when we ran into a great QB (which often tends to happen in post-season), we were exposed big time, lost, and were eliminated. That was Kurt Warner.

Last post-season, we didn't have to face Warner. Or Brees. Or Brady. Or Manning. We did stop Big Ben, and got 2 bug interceptions on great plays from Collins (Howard Green), and Jarrett Bush (yes). We still barely won, and needed a Mendenhall fumble. There's a lot of luck in a game too.

The bottom line here is we're most likely going to have to beat Brees and Brady to win this Super Bowl.
If the defense doesn't somehow magically improve a lot, this might not be our last loss. Home field advantage is not worth nearly as much as some people think it is.

Now, we are still the Vegas oddsmakers to win the Super Bowl, but we have some work to do.
This loss doesn't bother me to be honest, nearly as much as seeing Sherrod's leg snapped like that. I hate hate hate hate knee, leg injuries.
If we face a future HoF having the best game of his career, chances are our D isn't going to look very good...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Look. I still believe this team can beat anyone in the postseason or in any given week. They stunk it up today but I don't think it will happen too often.

Nobody even yet KNOWS who the Packers will play in the playoffs. How do we know there won't be postseason upsets? The Saints go one and done in a stunner. We don't know. Why is everyone always yapping on the Pats too? Their D is even worse then the Packers, far worse IMO. And the AFC has some tough teams so who the heck knows who comes out there.

I still believe this team will bring it in January. Heck they are my #2 team and possibly I am not quite as old as some but I have sat through some horrible Colts seasons too. In fact this season alone was gearing towards 0-16 and now 1-15 is something to celebrate. I remember the 1997 Colts upsetting the defending Champs in the Packers at home and having the first pick in the draft and getting Peyton. Yes I know upsets can happen. Not like anyone out there called this loss today so nobody should be pumping their chests.

Perhaps I get too carried away at times with Green Bay and do think they are flawless. However they have been pretty much the only football joy I have gotten this year. I don't truly care to spend time agonizing over the Saints or whoever the Packers could play in the SB and how many yards they will give up.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we face a future HoF having the best game of his career, chances are our D isn't going to look very good...
Well in all fairness, he had his best game because we sucked, in all fairness. Nobody touched him in the pocket (like Orton today), and they had guys wide open all day, plus they let Fitzgerald shove Woodson to the ground on 2 huge plays. Must not have been the same zebra who called Jordy for 2 pushoffs today when he barely touched the guy. Horrible calls.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What exactly is the point of this thread?

Sure, there are some Packers fans who make ***** of themselves by proclaiming our "invincibility," but this post isn't any better.
My point was that I don't like fans thinking their team is invincible because mostly I know what it feels like to get your hopes up too high and then be let down.
Farve did it to us too many times. I learned.

A lot of teams can beat us. Remember, the Saints lost to the Rams this year. And to the horrible Bucs.
I just want our defense to improve fast, and I am mad that we didn't trade for Aaron Curry. That was a chance to get a premium talent at a position (ROLB) where we have a bunch of average joe's like Walden, Zombo, Jones.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this team is easily beatable. It is really easy to see.

Shutdown the offense, and you can win, because the D cannot do jack ****

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
My point was that I don't like fans thinking their team is invincible because mostly I know what it feels like to get your hopes up too high and then be let down.
Farve did it to us too many times. I learned.

A lot of teams can beat us. Remember, the Saints lost to the Rams this year. And to the horrible Bucs.
I just want our defense to improve fast, and I am mad that we didn't trade for Aaron Curry. That was a chance to get a premium talent at a position (ROLB) where we have a bunch of average joe's like Walden, Zombo, Jones.

I know that feeling all too well. But, it's part of being a fan. You have to enjoy the ride at times and whatever happens happens. And there is no shame in being overly excited at times or getting your hopes up. It's just what fans do.

Members online

Latest posts