1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Our subs

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Incubes12, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    The way our defense has been playing lately, I'm really not so sure that they can get much better. The pressure we're getting on QB's, the pass coverage, maybe we could get a bit better in stopping the run, but I'd say we're pretty solid.

My question then is, what do we gain when we get injured players back? Do we sacrifice strengths in some players to plug in guys with strengths elsewhere? Is every injured guy an upgrade over who we have in there now?

I'm pretty impressed with this D, and I'm not sure how much all these injuries have really slowed us down, other than taking the time to adjust. Obviously our offensive injuries are another story.

2. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +143
    I've asked myself the same thing, and we probably wont get an answer till next season. Hopefully we'll be trying to figure out the best defense in an effort to defend a super bowl trophy. You mentioned that our defense cant get much better right now except against the run. I personally think our LB's need to do a better job covering the middle of the field. It seems in the eagles game, and in the beginning of last nights game some receivers were getting wide open in the middle of the field. I've seen cutler hit many of his receivers deep in the middle of the field-so you may be able to see my concern in that area. Especially considering the bears receivers are fast when they get open field, and that turf can make our defenders slip.

3. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    woo hoo

• Like Like x 2
  4. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    yes Jolly is my favorite dlinemen he is probably the biggest reason why we took a step back vs the run. If we get Jolly back next year the would be huge...WOW watch out love his tipped passes as well.

5. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    dude I agree with everything you say I was loving mike neal He is going to be a beast!!!!

6. SyX

SyX Stranger in a strange land

Ratings:
    +90
    Glad to see you guys having success like you are despite all the injuries. Our teams should be a lot stronger next year if for nothing else than the fact that they both developed their younger more inexperienced players. If there are other injuries next year or players just need a breather, there will be more confidence in who will be stepping in.

Looking forward to your team defending their Super Bowl in our house against us next year. Gonna be electric!

7. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    Great post. I'm, personally, very excited to see what Shields develops into over the next 2 years. We could very well have the best CB tandem in the NFL, developing them, instead of just buying them.

8. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    I mean this is just a good situation for us, nothing bad can really come from this. I think next year our starting ILB's will be Bishop and Barnett. I'm sure Jones, Zombo, and Walden will battle hard for the other outside spot. It's a shame guys like Burnett and Neal were injured so early, the experience would be awesome for them. I'm looking forward to seeing Burnett competing with Peprah for the starting SS spot, as Peprah has been doing pretty well this season.

9. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    I agree. Every team in the NFL wishes they had these problems.

10. ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +77
    This might sound a little off topic but all of this 2nd String stuff got me thinking, take all of the guys who are sitting 2nd String right now, combined with a healthy version of everyone on IR and put them as an entirely new team in NFL. I think they'd have some damn success.