Our road to playoffs scenarios

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Earlier it was said that the Pack has to win all 4 and Lions to lose 2 for the Pack to win the division with the ONLY way we could get into the PO.
OK, so Lions have done their part and the Pack has won 2.
However, Da Bears are now division leaders.
And the Lions are at 7-7.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Just how important is it that we beat the Steelers?
If we lose is that it? Is our season over?
Or would we still have a chance if we lose, everyone else wins but we beat the Bears next week?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Earlier it was said that the Pack has to win all 4 and Lions to lose 2 for the Pack to win the division with the ONLY way we could get into the PO.
OK, so Lions have done their part and the Pack has won 2.
However, Da Bears are now division leaders.
And the Lions are at 7-7.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Just how important is it that we beat the Steelers?
If we lose is that it? Is our season over?
Or would we still have a chance if we lose, everyone else wins but we beat the Bears next week?

If we lose to the Steelers and the Bears win, we're done and it becomes a race between Chicago and Detroit.

So if we lose, we go for the Eagles. If we win, we go for the Bears so we can get the #3 seed.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to win this week basically. It's simple.
We win this week, and Chicago wins this week = Detroit is eliminated.

If we win, and Da Bears win, then the week 17 game Packers @ Bears becomes the 2nd most important game of this rivalry in our lifetimes. Of course, the 2010 season NFC Title game was a little bit more important :eek:)

I am planning on winning these 2 games, but stopping those monster tall receivers will be hard. Too bad they all healthy there unlike us missing Cobb.

If we manage to win this thing, and win the division, we will either be the 3 seed and play the 6 seed, or be the 4 seed and play the 5 seed. It will be at home.
And it will be either San Francisco, or whoever loses between New Orleans/Carolina this Sunday.

Of those 3 teams, I would clearly like to host New Orleans because they don't win road playoff games, and Carolina and San Fran are physical teams with great defenses. Certainly the Niners are the one to avoid.

I want:
#1- Seattle 14-2
#2- Carolina 12-4
#3- Packers 9-6-1
#4- Dallas 9-7
#5- San Francisco 12-4
#6- New Orleans 11-5

That would pit:
San Francisco at Dallas down here.
New Orleans at Green Bay.

If we win, we'd then travel to Carolina, nice and warm, in Cammy's first ever playoff game.
And San Fran would then travel to Seattle.

We beat the Panthers, we then get to go to the Kindome (JK) and knock those guys off.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to win this week basically. It's simple.
We win this week, and Chicago wins this week = Detroit is eliminated.

If we win, and Da Bears win, then the week 17 game Packers @ Bears becomes the 2nd most important game of this rivalry in our lifetimes. Of course, the 2010 season NFC Title game was a little bit more important :eek:)
This week: We win, Chicago loses, then beats us in the final game.
We still in it or its over?

What are all the possibilities for Detroit to be in the playoffs?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This week: We win, Chicago loses, then beats us in the final game.
We still in it or its over?
We're done because the Bears would be 9-7, we'd be 8-7-1.
In that scenario, the Lions can get in by winning their 2 games, as they'd finish 9-7. They beat the Bears twice so they have the TB over Da Bearz.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're done because the Bears would be 9-7, we'd be 8-7-1.
In that scenario, the Lions can get in by winning their 2 games, as they'd finish 9-7. They beat the Bears twice so they have the TB over Da Bearz.
Then we have to show everybody that we want it more.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers can still win the division with a loss to the Steelers if the Bears lose to the Eagles and the Lions lose one of their final two. If the Packers were to defeat the Steelers and both the Bears and Lions were to lose, then the Packers could even tie the Bears and win the division.

One thing we as Packers fans should really be rooting for is the Redskins to beat the Cowboys. That would give the Eagles a reason to play their starters against the Bears. Now of course if the Packers were to beat the Steelers, the Bears-Eagles game would be a moot point.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers can still win the division with a loss to the Steelers if the Bears lose to the Eagles and the Lions lose one of their final two. If the Packers were to defeat the Steelers and both the Bears and Lions were to lose, then the Packers could even tie the Bears and win the division.

One thing we as Packers fans should really be rooting for is the Redskins to beat the Cowboys. That would give the Eagles a reason to play their starters against the Bears. Now of course if the Packers were to beat the Steelers, the Bears-Eagles game would be a moot point.
I'm beginning to think that early playoff scenarios is like the weather.
Predictions can be made like crazy but you really don't know what it's like until it actually arrives.
Time to ignore those early playoff calls and to wait and see what actually happens. As I do with the weather.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(IF WE CAN BEAT CHICAGO) If anyone is like me, they want to host New Orleans in the January playoff game and not host San Francisco.

SF is built for physical and they have great running games and run defense, and their OL are a bunch of big ole fat pigs, and HEALTHY somehow.

I'd rather let SF go to Philly (or Dallas), and let us host New Orleans.
The Saints have been a bad road team, and I don't think they have ever won a road playoff game.

It's gonna be #5 at #4, and #6 at #3.
If we win, it's going to be us at #4, which means we would play the #5 team. We cannot move to the #3 spot because of records.

Now, SF is currently the #5 seed, a game ahead of NO. Saints have lost 2 in a row, so even though they own the tiebreaker over SF from a lucky head2head win over SF, they are a game back.
So if you want NO to come to Green Bay in the WC game, you want the Saints to win at home vs Tampa Bay this week. That should happen.

But what we need is for San Francisco to lose at Arizona.
Arizona has been playing great, they are 10-5, tied with the Saints for that #6 spot, but the Saints own the tiebreaker on them.

Either way, they will play hard and loose and fun at home, like the Eagles did last week in their game vs the Bears where they crushed them.

I think the Cardinals can beat them.

If they do, and the Saints win, then SF & NO flip-flop and we'd get the Saints coming to Green Bay.

GO CARDS

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hope for the best and that we beat Chicago Sunday, and get in.
Matt Forte just said it, that this game kinda reminds him of 3 seasons ago when they played us in week 17 knowing the Packers had to win just to get in.
He said this is different a little bit because they were automatically in that year.

Three years ago, we didn't think we were going to win the Super Bowl at this point in time. We needed to win, and get help from an underdog Lions over the then 10-5 Bucs, which we got.

So right now, what needs to happen for another magical carpet ride?

Well, besides health, this:

DEFENSE has to magically morph into a new defense.
HOW/WHAT

Run Defense has to return to what it was early in the year. But that was because they focused more on stopping the run, which allowed big passing plays and wide open lanes to guys like Boldin and Davis and Santana Moss.

Also, missing Johnny Jolly at full health hurts.

Raji has to play for money now and raise his game. Make some plays. Dominate at times.
CJ Wilson, Pickett, and Josh Boyd have to disrupt some plays and then we need to see AJ Hawk, Brad Jones, and the safety in the box need to find Forte and keep him contained like we used to do, but didn't do in the week 9 matchup.

How about AN interception from any of the safeties?
Cutler will chuck em up to his tall receivers. Can we cover Marshall and Jeffrey?
And Forte out of the backfield?

I don't worry too much about our offense because IF HEALTHY, that nucleus of Rodgers-Lacy-Cobb/Nelson/Jones/Boykin is pretty dang lethal.

Beat the Bears, and then it's the Saints or Niners coming to town.
In the run 3 years ago, we got the good matchups I wanted. We didn't have to face the Giants or San Francisco, who the next year would make the NFC Championship game, and then year after that, Niners make the Super Bowl.

If we can get New Orleans instead of SF (meaning Arizona wins at home vs SF Sunday), we can win that one I feel, would be favored.

Then it would probably be #6 San Francisco @ #1 Seattle and #4 Green Bay @ #2Carolina. I'd LOVE that matchup. They have a very good defense, but Cam's first playoff game... Steve Smith is hurt.
I think their defense wouldn't look so good against Rodgers-Lacy-Cobb-Jordy-Jones as they do against the Bucs, Saints, Falcons, etc.

Win that, and it's the NFC Title game, either at Seattle (payback), or at home vs San Francisco (payback).
I know Seattle is loud, but I would not be shocked if we won there in this scenario.
Their receivers are crappy.... unless Harvin comes back and somehow stays healthy.
Marshawn Lynch is a beast for sure.

But that would be a game we could win.

Three years ago, nobody was expecting us to win out and win the Super Bowl.
Can it happen again?
It CAN, but we need the magic above to take place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts