OTA's

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
so they have to go?

OTA's are not mandatory, although higly recommended for all players. Favre will attend 9 out of 12 of them. Harris and Woodson won't be there for any of them.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first, I was ticked about Harris and Woodson. But now, I look forward to the young guys getting the reps they need. Who knows...maybe there's a real gem there waiting to be discovered.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first, I was ticked about Harris and Woodson. But now, I look forward to the young guys getting the reps they need. Who knows...maybe there's a real gem there waiting to be discovered.

It doesn't really bother me that they miss them. You are right about young guys getting reps, but I also trust Woodson and Harris.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have gone to a few of the OTA's.
The players arn't as accessable, but you still can get autographs from some of them. I got about 30 on a poster of Lambeau Field last year on one day.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
I have gone to a few of the OTA's.
The players arn't as accessable, but you still can get autographs from some of them. I got about 30 on a poster of Lambeau Field last year on one day.

Lucky you :( ive never been to Lambeau Field and now your talking about autographs. :(
Yup!
You HAVE to try to get there someday GBP!
I got AJ Hawk's auto the first day he was here.
A couple years ago, i got 44 signatures on a full size Packer helmet during the OTA's. My picture with the helmet was published in Beckett Football card magazine.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heather, that is the best information I can find to date. I would assume the same 3 practices over two days format of last year, with the first practice being an evening one. That would make Family Night the one practice that day.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heather, that is the best information I can find to date. I would assume the same 3 practices over two days format of last year, with the first practice being an evening one. That would make Family Night the one practice that day.

Okay thanks, the reason I am asking is we are going to WI in August and want to go to a training camp..:) Thanks for the info..

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HEATHIE, FYI:

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/05/29/1/

OTAs Will Focus On Schemes, Fundamentals

The Green Bay Packers begin a series of 12 organized team activities (OTAs) on Wednesday, and the coaching staff has primarily two goals in mind during the sessions. First, the team will install its entire offensive and defensive packages for the 2007 season. Head Coach Mike McCarthy said that two of the nine installations were done during the May 18-20 minicamp, and the OTAs will cover the other seven, as well as include periodic reviews. Second, the coaches want to see the players focus on individual fundamentals, such as positioning, footwork and reads-and-reactions, so the team has a solid fundamental foundation heading into training camp in late July.

"We have some young guys and good competition at a lot of positions, so the fundamental work is going to be very important," defensive coordinator Bob Sanders said. "That's how we're going to win the games, being sound fundamentally at every single position." The 12 OTAs are scheduled for May 30-31 and June 4-7, 11-14 and 18-19. Four of them will be open to the public (weather permitting) on Ray Nitschke Field behind the Don Hutson Center. The open workouts are scheduled for May 31 and June 7, 14 and 18....

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HEATHIE, FYI:

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/05/29/1/

OTAs Will Focus On Schemes, Fundamentals

The Green Bay Packers begin a series of 12 organized team activities (OTAs) on Wednesday, and the coaching staff has primarily two goals in mind during the sessions. First, the team will install its entire offensive and defensive packages for the 2007 season. Head Coach Mike McCarthy said that two of the nine installations were done during the May 18-20 minicamp, and the OTAs will cover the other seven, as well as include periodic reviews. Second, the coaches want to see the players focus on individual fundamentals, such as positioning, footwork and reads-and-reactions, so the team has a solid fundamental foundation heading into training camp in late July.

"We have some young guys and good competition at a lot of positions, so the fundamental work is going to be very important," defensive coordinator Bob Sanders said. "That's how we're going to win the games, being sound fundamentally at every single position." The 12 OTAs are scheduled for May 30-31 and June 4-7, 11-14 and 18-19. Four of them will be open to the public (weather permitting) on Ray Nitschke Field behind the Don Hutson Center. The open workouts are scheduled for May 31 and June 7, 14 and 18....

Thanks so much!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I hope they still have some training camps in August...

Members online

Latest posts