1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OT: HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by BrettFavre4MVP, Apr 1, 2006.

1. BrettFavre4MVP

BrettFavre4MVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Holy Crap is right! I didn't bother to read the article until I read your post. $49 million for 7 years. That's what Terrell Owens was making in Philly, and he's not making a whole lot more in Dallas. I like Burleson, but he's not THAT good.

3. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    If the Hawks and the Vikings were smart they would've just tendered Hutchinson and Burleson and traded them, and saved about $70 million in the process

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, don't let the numbers fool you. If you break down the deal, it is actually a 4 year contract worth about a little over 15 million. The final three years will be voided.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Ive noticed most people dont know how NFL contracts work. Thats why people flipped out over the manuel deal,etc.

I should write an article explaining IT!

yay!

6. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    bye bye Burleson...aftr losing the greatest deep threat the nfl has ever seen...it' doesn't sting a bit.

7. BrettFavre4MVP

BrettFavre4MVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Please do. A tard like me could certainly stand to learn about it...

8. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The contract clauses being put in for restricted FAs may change how things are done for these players. It appears that Seattle's moves were a direct result of one-upmanship from Hutchinson's deal from Minny.

If this trend continues, it will change how teams treat RFAs. No longer will it be easy for a team to just match a contract.

9. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    BR, apparently the NFL has stepped in, and this issue was being dealt with at the owner meetings.