Ordered a Clay Matthews Jersey off NFLSHOP, and they sent me Jets Jersey..

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I had to post this.

So almost a month ago I ordered a White Clay Matthews Jersey off of NFL Shop.com I finally got it today, I opened it only to find out it was a Jets jersey.... So I called them, I complained I wont even get it for xmas, and they wont give me any kind of compensation

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
heh, that sucks man. How the hell they mess that one up?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hmm, almost worth keeping as a "Error". Could be worth something someday as errors go. Or maybe not. Would need to know about the jersey market. Could ask Ivo610, he'd know.

Bizarre they would screw up like that, but then again, the jerseys are made in Korea and China.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a #52 Matthews on the Jets?
Or is this a sign of things to come? (NFL proshop has some inside info?)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL thats pretty funny.

Not sure what I would do, especially since they wont do anything to make up for the mistake. I might call the credit card company and file a complaint, and not return the messed up jersey.

as far as the value of the jersey you got, not much, you can custom order any jersey and I doubt your going to find that many people interested in that kind of specialty jersey. Sorry to say.

This might be a stretch but try emailing aaron popkey with the packers. Explain what happened and tell him you just wanted a packers matthews jersey by christmas and see if he can do anything for you. He might be willing to call nfl shop. Trust me, a call from him or his boss will result in someones day being ruined.

OP
OP
CheeseHeadInCanada

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
52 on the Jets is David Harris, theres no Matthews on the jets =/ I have no Idea how anybody could mess that up at all. Oh I dont want to keep the jersey at all and I dont want to make a monetary gain on it I just want my jersey

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
sorry but that is pretty funny. I also thought it was against hte NFL's policy to sell player's names on the wrong jersey. I hope you get a resolution, but if you decide to keep it, it would be a fun jersey to wear, I'd buy ya a drink if I heard your story at a bar. You know someone would ask.

OP
OP
CheeseHeadInCanada

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry but that is pretty funny. I also thought it was against hte NFL's policy to sell player's names on the wrong jersey. I hope you get a resolution, but if you decide to keep it, it would be a fun jersey to wear, I'd buy ya a drink if I heard your story at a bar. You know someone would ask.

I have no idea how it was screwed up but yeah =/ People would ask, but i'd just rather have the proper jersey.

eBay My World - f_star21566
this guy has a bunch of clay matthews jerseys at 30 dollars
Yeah... im not looking for a fake jersey, but thanks anyways

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is just awful! Shame on them for not at least offering you some kind of compensation or discount! Pitiful customer service. The very thought of Matthews as a Jet is beyond horrible!

If it helps any I ordered a Clay Matthews jersey (kid size, I'm a little thing and the big size swims on me) from a company I found on google back in the beginning of the season and after a month with no jersey I received an email from them stating Matthews jerseys were all on back order but they expect to be shipping soon. This went on for 2 and a half months and I eventually got tired of being pulled by the tail and I canceled the order.

Have you tried his website? www.claymatthews52.com

He's got some cool stuff. My Mom is ordering me "something" from there for Christmas but I don't know what, it's a surprise. I'd love just about anything!

Good luck with everything. Have you considered calling their corporate headquarters? If they continue to yank your tail try calling up there and just getting irate (but not threatening, LOL). They should be able to do something for you even though they may not be able to get it to you by Christmas. Hope everything works out!

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL sells $5 Chinese jerseys for $100 bucks. You can order your own for $23.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
No offense guy, but grow a pair. There would be no way in hell I would even hang up the phone during that call. You're a paying customer, act like it.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, almost worth keeping as a "Error". Could be worth something someday as errors go. Or maybe not. Would need to know about the jersey market. Could ask Ivo610, he'd know.

Bizarre they would screw up like that, but then again, the jerseys are made in Korea and China.

That's not a bad thought. If the U.S. Mint mistrikes a coin, it can be worth a fortune.

Had a friend who got one of the state quarters as change from a vending machine, one side was nickle and the other copper.
I called coin dealers and they said it was impossible and yet I was holding it my hand.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not so much of a wonder how it happened, human error it common, but I wonder how it got this far and how nobody caught it. Or how many of them were produced and shipped, it can't be just the one you have. I can't believe nobody in their shipping department or anywhere else didn't catch the mistake. I find that to be even more bizarre than the actual mistake itself.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

So almost a month ago I ordered a White Clay Matthews Jersey off of NFL Shop.com I finally got it today, I opened it only to find out it was a Jets jersey.... So I called them, I complained I wont even get it for xmas, and they wont give me any kind of compensation

If you don't mind giving me all the facts, I'll call the *holes up and will not get off the phone without out a resolution. Ehat do the jersey tags show as far as place of manufacture. Is it called an official NFL (trademark) replication?

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

1. eBay Guides - FAKE NFL Reebok AUTHENTIC FOOTBALL JERSEYS COUNTERFEIT

Reebok makes several LICENSED varieties of NFL shirts, jerseys, hats, ... If you see an AUTHENTIC jersey "MADE IN CHINA", you know it's a fake. ...
    reviews.ebay.com/Fake-NFL-Jerseys-Detecting-Counterfeit-Reebok-Authentic_W0QQugidZ10000000003203183?... - Cached - [ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=related:reviews.ebay.com/Fake-NFL-Jerseys-Detecting-Counterfeit-Reebok-Authentic_W0QQugidZ10000000003203183%3FssPageName%3DBUYGD:CAT:-1:LISTINGS:5+Who+makes+authentic+NFL+jerseys&tbo=1&sa=X&ei=szQKTf7jC5KqsAOSxtzZCg&ved=0CDgQHzAE"]Similar[/ame]

According to the paperwork you gave on your post, it was a Reebok Jersey. I won't buy water from Reebok even if I was dying of thirst. Customer service is a farce.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I just talked to the NFL Shop customer service. Call 1-877-nflshop.
Ask for the order desk. Give them the order number and how you paid for it (hope it was paypal because they are good at resolving customer disputes). Call them and do not give up without this thing getting resolved. Get the name of everyone you talk to. If they are not of help, ask for their supervisor. Probably , they will want you to return the product before they replace it...sorry that is the best I can do. Good luck.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
52 on the Jets is David Harris, theres no Matthews on the jets =/ I have no Idea how anybody could mess that up at all. Oh I dont want to keep the jersey at all and I dont want to make a monetary gain on it I just want my jersey

Then please make the phone call I told you to make...I can't do any more for you

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
email the address to Clay Matthews.
Would anyone really want to mess with him if they messed up his jersey?

Members online

Latest posts