Opponents' thoughts about 2009 Packers

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Conveniently you forgot to mention the Texans. What were those numbers?

Jim Bates made huge strides as DC in GB in '05. The wins didn't materialize but the point totals were decidedly lower than '04.

I don't foresee an immediately happy marriage between MM & Capers. Capers is far more experienced & respected in the league than MM. Hiring a much older man to take oreders from a much younger HC isn't exactly what I consider a recipe for success.

**** LeBeau was solidly entrenched as DC long before Tomlin became HC in PIT so that comparison isn't valid.

I'm sure there are a few success stories (Holmgren/Shurmur) but ex-HCs are usually willing to once again become HCs so MM better not let this team slide any further.
No, it's not convenient. I really forgot it. But like I said, he was a bad HC...
About the HC part, Capers was the secondary coach in NE. He was not being talked much around the NFL, let alone considered for a HC job. And, just like you posted in another topic, the trend is to hire younger coaches. Marty Schottenheimer was dismissed from SD after posting record seasons, and isn't considered to any HC jobs. And most of all, Dom had his shots at HC and failed. I believe he understood that he's a great DC, but just can't handle the HC job...

Members online

No members online now.