Tim Goodwell, LB

Patrick Dendy, CB
    Antonio Malone, CB

Jeremy Modkins, S
    Atari Bigby, S
    Tra Boger, S

Special Teams
  • E.J. Cochrane, K

I think the only one that I'd like to have seen more of was Cartlon Brewster. Except that dropped punt.

Other than that. I think this was probably an easy cut down day for the Packers.

The Packers are down to 51 players. Hmm. Two more spots?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like the 4 WR's move or 4 TE's at all. I would of hung onto another WR to give us 5. You can always let one go at a later date if your bring someone better in.

I'm glad Kenny Peterson is gone. I liked him when they drafted him but he never lived up to anything.

White over Manning doesn't make sense to me either but if White is better on special teams, then that's what you do.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I thought they were really high on Manning last year and I remember reading and hearing he was the most sought after Undrafted Rookie. :shrug:

I think the 4 WR thing will be 'fixed' with the two remaining spots we have on the roster.

Ted will not go into the season without having those two spots filled. Otherwise he is going against his theme of 'competition makes you better'. If you have the spots. Fill them with ppl who you dont even think could make the team but give them a chance.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Ahmad Carroll is still on the team. I don't like it.

You know Trom, over the course of this preseason I have pretty much come around to your way of thinking. I think the final straw was when I saw the videotape of Carroll grabbing Rob Gardner's face mask, yanking it downward, and kicking him in the midsection (or crotch). Unfortunately, the Packers have no depth at CB, so Carroll is the nickel back by default at this time. They need to draft one or two CB's next year and say goodbye to Carroll, unless he shows big improvement this year, which I doubt he will.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to bring in a offensive lineman, Saftey, and WR. Then they need to release that extra TE.

Good to see Ruvell Martin and Noah Herron on the roster. I really like what they did this camp and I think they'll contribute a lot more than most think. I'm also glad to see they hung onto all 5 DT's. Makes for a good rotation and is able to give guys breaks.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I can say is ...... will someone PLEASE cut DAVID MARTIN!!!!

I would Rather have kept Peterson,Manning.Gardner, Rodgers,The Towel Guy, anyone, over David Martin

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are all no names except for Davenport and he's always injured. There are no surprises here at all.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was sad to see Alcorn go, but I expect he'll be on the practice squad at some point.

I had no problem with any of the other cuts. It's always easy to cut down when you don't have 53 legit NFL players on your roster.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of the cuts, I think Alcorn, Brewster, Rodgers, Tollefson, Goodwell, and Boger have the best shots of being on the PS.

I'm sure they'll look outside the organization, though.

Members online

Latest posts