1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Opinion of other NFL fans

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by CaliforniaCheez, Apr 15, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey COZ - You see this NOISY Packerfan is from DIXON, M'O'sourri? Did Ya?

I wonder how far apart you two might be?

2. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    The Eagles fans on the N/C forum were beyond obnoxious. It seemed to me they had a football knowledge of D-, with a mouthoff factor of A+.

The Tampa fans slid back into their holes after Gruden ruined the team. They were close to Philly fans.

Bears fans began to get realistic when they realized there was little hope in the short term. They will re-emerge as the team wins more.

The Rams fans were in the upper division of obnoxiousness.

None, however top everyone's favorites...those Norse Gods in "The Cities"(you know, that little piece of 'heaven' on the Mississippi, where everything is better than where you are, regardless of where you are).

I always cringe when those creeps open up their over-inflated yaps, because I had a deep, deep respect for the Bud Grant era Vikings. Those teams were close to the Lombardi-era squads. The modern fans have no idea what a proud team they have and how their rude, obnoxious and egomaniacal behavior is wrecking their own proud past.

3. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I totally agree with you net. There are a few, however, that aren't too bad, but they are few and far between.

4. NCPackerfan

NCPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I live in the Panthers home town (Charlotte), and although there is a growing base of genuine fans here, a significant amount of the season ticket holders are corporate accounts with the large banks in town (Bank America, Wachovia). The "true" football fans in town are very frustrated with the (in their words), "wine and cheese" crowd that come to the games to see and be seen, and then leaves at halftime or early in the second half. I was at a game here in the late 90's and the Packers were up by around 10 points at halftime and by the end of the 3rd quarter, the stadium was virtually empty. The Panthers came back and were at the 5 yard line with a chance to tie the game at the end, but the Packers managed to hold them off. I have to believe, if the fans had been there making noise, the outcome may have been different.

5. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey NCP - that sounds very much like the KC Chiefs crowd... very much like it.
    It doesn't take long for Chiefs fans to come right out and admit it, either.
    We found that out a couple of years ago when we invited some of their fans over to watch as "we (Packers) got beat".... I had made mention of Tony Dungy's comment on the two best places in the Country to watch NFL Football....

• Lambeau Field
      Arrowhead Stadium
    .... they had responded, "Yeah, it's a great place to watch a game, totally... but everyone leaves at, or around halftime... disappointing, to say the least!" Well, after hearing that.. when the fans all boo'ed and left Lambeau early on the MNF game.. then I saw how it felt.. it SUCKS.....

I hope Packer fans NEVER behave that way ever again!

6. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why, thank you, Teri! I'm a fan of the Vikes since the days of Bud Grant and the Purple People Eaters and just don't get the hostile and arrogant fans of today. Have a wonderful season!