1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Opening Weekend!!!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by scharles, Nov 13, 2006.

1. scharles

scharles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Now there has to be more of you that hunt, so lets hear from ya, Wisconsin or not. Opening day is like Christmas for me, times a 100. I am never able to sleep, it has to be the best day of the year, so much excitement and anticipation, deer camp and buck pools, gotta love it. Last year I shot a buck opening morning at 8:30, first time I'd been done opening day, only my second buck with gun. Well I'm ready for this weekend, whose on the same page...?

2. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YA DEER CAMP HERE I COME!!!!! YOUR RIGHT IT IS LIKE CHRISTMAS, LAST YEAR I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL THE Day after opening morning to get my buck! Deer camp and deer hunting is great i cant wait to go it is one of the things I enjoy most!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    I envy both of ya!!

I was the same way for 20+ years..

we hunted private land near Green Bay..the farmers sons finaly got old enuff to want to bring their own friends to hunt..so that left us out in the cold so to speak..

Have not been able to find another place since..( I dont like public land)

4. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm ready. My dad, my son and me in the woods on a beautiful November morning. Sunday, off to GB for the PACKER game. Then back to the hunt, unless we all get done on opening day. :thumbsup:

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm ready! Although wouldn't you know, i'm getting a doozy of a cold. But i'm going anyway! it's once a year, and i'm not gonna miss it!
    Most of my hunting has been on public land. So the chance of a big buck is VERY slim. But i won't pass on a tasty doe if one makes the mistake of coming past me!
    Good luck to all, and BE SAFE!!!
    Cheesey
    I'm leaving Thursday, and won't be back till the following Wednesday. The library will be closed, so i don't know when i will be back on here.
    I MIGHT be able to pop in at deer camp if someone has a puter there.

6. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck everyone in the deer hunt!!!!!!!! And Cheesy hope your cold gets better and you fill those tags...

7. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Have fun in your deer hunt. Get your trophy buck.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    My brother in law went up last weekend and scouted the area we are going to hunt. He said he saw lots of fresh tracks in the new fallen snow! I'm psyched!!!! (Or is it PSYCHO!?!?!)LOL!

9. scharles

scharles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, it snowed about 4 inches on last Friday when I was sitting, pretty cool sittin' out in the snow, but its almost all gone already, and the temps are suppose to be in upper 30's and low 40's this weekend, so I don't plan on having a nice white ground. I just hope its overcast and not sunny...

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Got a call from my nephew who went..he got a 10 pointer opening morning about 6:45

I will post pics when and if I get some

11. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Lets hope you mighty hunters had a better day than the pack did today.

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,479
    My nehpews 10 pointer, opening weekend at about 7 am..

[​IMG]