Opening line: Packers -3.5

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a pretty big spread considering the Packers are playing in Chicago.

What worries me is that the Bears who hasn't gotten any respect will use this to prove that they are the better team.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that is an accurate line. I don't really see it moving much during the week either. I would take the Packers with the -3.5

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but if I were a betting man (I'm not), I think I'd take the points. It's going to be a close, close game imo.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What disturbs me to an extent is that so many people are picking the Packers to win by a sizable margin. This will not be an easy game to win, as we should all know.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Betting lines do not represent which team is better, or which team is the underdog.

They only represent how the majority of betting poeple perceive those teams.

The average betting line is the home team for -3. But any 3 point swing represents parity.

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is almost the perfect line in my mind. I see us winning a close one... by either 3 or 4 points. Any more than 3.5 and I'd have to take the points. 3.5 I'm not really sure...

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are favored because they are perceived to be the better team. I agree with this assessment. The Packers could get on a roll and Cutler could throw a couple of picks (GB has his number IMO) and the game could become a blowout easily. I believe this to be the most likely scenario!

It is also possible that the horrible field takes away some of the advantage the Packer receivers have and slows the game down. The Bears could win this game as well.

The last time the Jets faced the Patriots they lost 45-3. The Patriots were not 42 points better than the Jets, games can get away from teams easily. My point is anything can happen. Count on the unexpected. BTW the Bears really don't suck!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
^Yes they do, the Bears suck. They just are schemed and built to beat the Packers. I can easily see a blowout, but I could just as easily see a one score victory. What I cannot see is the Bears beating our team.
Everyone is pointing to a slow field, that favors the Packers. The run game will be more effective since their LBs can't react as quickly. The pass game will be more effective because their CBs and safeties will be slower to react to a receiver double move.
A slow field doesn't change that lightning of an arm of Aaron Rodgers. I think it's hilarious that people think that a frozen field favors Chicago, we play on one at home.
And if there's one thing that's been proven this year, the Packers aren't the same team on the road in the playoffs.
Packers/Steelers in Super Bowl, Packers world champions, CWood gets his ring!

Members online

Latest posts