Open Practices

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking about making a trip up to Wisconsin to see family, and I'm thinking about heading to Green Bay to check out some of the open practices. Has anyone here gone to them? Just wondering if it's a pretty good time, and if there is any interaction with players.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking about making a trip up to Wisconsin to see family, and I'm thinking about heading to Green Bay to check out some of the open practices. Has anyone here gone to them? Just wondering if it's a pretty good time, and if there is any interaction with players.
Oh yeah.....i try to make it to at least one a season. If you come, bring your camera! I get lots of nice photos of the players riding kid's bikes down to the practice field.
It's hard to get autographs though, as the players are really busy, and theres usually big crowds.
When they have the OTA's is the best time for autographs.

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds cool. Is there seating, or do people take lawn chairs? I probably wouldn't be able to sit down anyways! Haha! I really don't think I'll be able to afford to go to a game, so this might be my best bet.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds cool. Is there seating, or do people take lawn chairs? I probably wouldn't be able to sit down anyways! Haha! I really don't think I'll be able to afford to go to a game, so this might be my best bet.
They have bleachers set up by the practice field, but you have to nab a space before they fill up.
You can bring your own chairs too, but the spots fill up pretty quick too.
Make sure you allow yourself the whole day, as the Packer hall of fame is a must see too!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my youngest son getting interviewed by Larry McCarren at a Packer practice.
The interview was then aired on Locker Room Live.
We always enjoy getting down to Green Bay for training camp, it's a great time.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a lot of fun, I've gotten to come up a few times and cheesey's dead on. Get there early 'cause it fills up. I always got there late and it was a bit of a task to get somewhere where I could see, and I'm reasonably tall at 6'2". But it's still a good time, and you can get autographs of some of the younger players. I almost got Reggie White's autograph back in '96, I was literally inches away but he had been getting mobbed and had probably been signing for about 45 minutes so he finally slipped away. Damn, oh well. So you never know who you might catch.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we will be there the week of Aug 11th..and plan to hit two practices if we can, the ones on Tuesday and Thursday...maybe pick up Cheesy so he can go with us...:) Anyone else going that week?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my youngest son getting interviewed by Larry McCarren at a Packer practice.
The interview was then aired on Locker Room Live.
We always enjoy getting down to Green Bay for training camp, it's a great time.
Sweet photo Yoop! You never know who you might see there!

Hey Hedder! Hopefully we can hook up that week! Gotta see whats happening then.

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info! I'm going to try my hardest to get up there this year. Seems like a great time. Plus, I have a ton of family in Milwaukee that I could visit. I'll just make a long weekend out of it. Thanks again!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info! I'm going to try my hardest to get up there this year. Seems like a great time. Plus, I have a ton of family in Milwaukee that I could visit. I'll just make a long weekend out of it. Thanks again!
A "ton of family"........hmmm......if thats anything like my family, that means about 8 people!!!LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

Zero! What makes you think i live THAT far away???
Is it because i was once known as "Darth Cheesey???" :rotflmao:

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
A "ton of family"........hmmm......if thats anything like my family, that means about 8 people!!!LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

Haha! I'm not sure of the exact number. I'm originally from West Allis, so pretty much my mom's whole side of the family lives around there and Milwaukee. I'm sure their combined weight is well over a ton!

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mi_keys said:
nathaniel said:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Mi_keys........it is not good to make fun of the DARK SIDE!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
May the FARCE be with you!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245 said:
How crazy would that be if you got to meet Driver :0
I met him 2 years ago. He signed my Packer helmet for me!

:rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
packerfan1245 said:
How crazy would that be if you got to meet Driver :0
I met him 2 years ago. He signed my Packer helmet for me!

:rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes:
Does that surprise you 1245?
He was pulling out of the parking lot at Lambeau, and i went up to him with my helmet and asked if he would sign it. He was REAL nice about it!
(To see the helmet, go to the Atrium and there's a thread about it with a photo of it)
Oh....in case you didn't know, if you click on the photo, it should make it bigger. If you look right under the "NFL" sticker on the helmet, you will see where Driver signed it.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts