onlymeiknow trolling attemps

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The straw for me was when Favre was obviously pulling for the Packers to lose. There were a lot of years there early on when he was not that great and even when he was he would throw a stinker out there like the five INT game against San Fran in the playoffs. I can't remember the year. Horrible day but Packer fans stayed behind him all the way.
When it came down to it the whole thing was all about him and when he felt jilted he turned on everybody including the fans when he strategically manuvered to get back by going to the Vikes.
He couldn't stand TT because TT replaced Sherman who Favre had in his pocket. Favre also knew TT wasn't going to mortgage the franchise and give him expensive players to win in what would be his last couple of years. I don't know what people wanted from TT. He's got a QB with one foot out the door and and a young stud that your going to lose if you don't get him on the field. I hope people realize had Ted sucked up to Favre for two more years Rodgers would be playing somewhere else right now.
Give #4 to a kicker for all I care and I know I'm just one guy but I think a lot of people feel the same and that's on him.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
??

The Green Bay Packers are the only exception to this rule, with television markets in both Green Bay and Milwaukee. However, the Packers have never had a home game blacked out due to lack of attendance.
As with everything, the Green Bay Packers are exceptional. I wasn't challenging "never blacked out" just pointing out that I remember going to those games at County Stadium because there were always tickets. I remember the last game at County Stadium it sold out completely and I had no choice but to sit in an "obstructed view" seat. As those games were always available I didn't attend a game at Lambeau until after that era.
I know it's ridiculous for younger people to imagine but you could actually go to Packer games every year at face value tickets on game day. I always bought the best tickets I could get but on game day.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As with everything, the Green Bay Packers are exceptional. I wasn't challenging "never blacked out" just pointing out that I remember going to those games at County Stadium because there were always tickets. I remember the last game at County Stadium it sold out completely and I had no choice but to sit in an "obstructed view" seat. As those games were always available I didn't attend a game at Lambeau until after that era.
I know it's ridiculous for younger people to imagine but you could actually go to Packer games every year at face value tickets on game day. I always bought the best tickets I could get but on game day.

I went to a game there when they played Washington after Washington won the Sb with Williams as their q/b..We lost on a fg miss??

But even that game was on in Milwaukee as I taped it to see if I could see myself :)

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I went to a game there when they played Washington after Washington won the Sb with Williams as their q/b..We lost on a fg miss??

But even that game was on in Milwaukee as I taped it to see if I could see myself :)
Oh no, they were never all blacked out. In fact it was still a rarity but it happened on several occasions. If I remember it correctly it had to be a percentage of available tickets sold. I don't ever remember a completly sold out game at County Stadium except for the last one. I could be wrong. No wonder that the Packers decided to get rid of that tradition hey?
Of course that was in the days of lax security and a guy could still bring a 12 pack in the gates in the hem of his pocketless trench coat.

Reaction score
As of now. Aaron has been great so far but he has a long way to go to solidify his legacy.
True, if he continues his path and wins 3 or 4 super bowls, he will be considered a top 5 player of all time in the NFL. That is a definite "If he continues this path" and not at all set in stone.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The straw for me was when Favre was obviously pulling for the Packers to lose. There were a lot of years there early on when he was not that great and even when he was he would throw a stinker out there like the five INT game against San Fran in the playoffs. I can't remember the year. Horrible day but Packer fans stayed behind him all the way.

I believe you're referring to his 6 INT playoff game against the 2001 Rams. But in general, Favre was a pretty bad playoff QB ever since losing XXXII to the Broncos. Since that game he had nearly twice as many INTs as TDs and threw for under 60% in the playoffs. But his 3-6 playoff record after SB XXXII is the biggest indicator of his post-season ineptitude in his last 10 seasons as a Packer.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe you're referring to his 6 INT playoff game against the 2001 Rams. But in general, Favre was a pretty bad playoff QB ever since losing XXXII to the Broncos. Since that game he had nearly twice as many INTs as TDs and threw for under 60% in the playoffs. But his 3-6 playoff record after SB XXXII is the biggest indicator of his post-season ineptitude in his last 9 seasons as a Packer.

People forget this tidbit...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00_playoffs.htm

44 tds and 30 ints for all playoff games

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People forget this tidbit...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00_playoffs.htm

44 tds and 30 ints for all playoff games

The fact remains that he was a terrible playoff performer after the SB. How many of us recognized that INT against the Saints in the 2010 NFCC was coming a good second or two before he even threw the ball? And no, it wasn't just wishing and being right. It was in how he was glancing all over the field as soon as the ball was snapped. It was the immediate pressure that forced him out of the pocket. As soon as you saw Berrian wide open for what likely would have been a first down and Favre ignoring him, you just knew he was looking to force something and as soon as he threw it across his body... well, you knew the Saints were going to win that game. Packer fans just knew what was about to happen because we'd seen it SO many times.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The fact remains that he was a terrible playoff performer after the SB. How many of us recognized that INT against the Saints in the 2010 NFCC was coming a good second or two before he even threw the ball? And no, it wasn't just wishing and being right. It was in how he was glancing all over the field as soon as the ball was snapped. It was the immediate pressure that forced him out of the pocket. As soon as you saw Berrian wide open for what likely would have been a first down and Favre ignoring him, you just knew he was looking to force something and as soon as he threw it across his body... well, you knew the Saints were going to win that game. Packer fans just knew what was about to happen because we'd seen it SO many times.

I agree..at the time I had huge Favre fans and a few Viking fans on my facebook...I posted that is what you get with him...Now you Viking fans know how us Packer fans felt for years

OP
OP
PFanCan

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Of course that was in the days of lax security and a guy could still bring a 12 pack in the gates in the hem of his pocketless trench coat.

LOL. My dad used to bring two binocular cases (no binoculars, btw). Each were filled with three cans of beer-- one in each vertical cylinder and one laying across the top. Fit perfectly. I had to carry one case and he the other.

So, not only did he sneak in a six pack, but he utilized his ~10 year old to do it.

Those were the days.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
LOL. My dad used to bring two binocular cases (no binoculars, btw). Each were filled with three cans of beer-- one in each vertical cylinder and one laying across the top. Fit perfectly. I had to carry one case and he the other.

So, not only did he sneak in a six pack, but he utilized his ~10 year old to do it.

Those were the days.
Yes and people dont' get how wonderful that was. In the PC world nobody would ever have any fun. Glad you took in a few games with Dad Pfan and glad you were able to enjoy the early years.... nobody from todays stadium experience will ever understand what you are talking about.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Bump for enjoyment/use of other, new trolls who have infiltrated this board. You have one week before TC starts and we no longer need you, so go ham. I however preface with this: I love Favre, and at first, I didn like Rodgers. I warmed up to him in the end of 2009. For Pete's sake, we won a dang Superbowl, and Rodgers has put up great numbers. Favre lost it after the first year with the Vikings. Take the WHAAAAAAmbulance to Quisherbishin. Remember the good times, and move on. If you're gonna let your love for one dude patronize your love for an entire team (that includes its staff) then switch allegiance or go watch rugby. You'll find few if any friends here.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longtimefan,

The report on Green Blood was filed yesterday. With the first message in our 'conversation' un-altered. As far as the other harassment you've seen an attempt at bringing "my" personal information into this forum. You've seen posts allegedly made by me, that weren't, or my wording changed by members of this forum. Consider THAT another report!
Good to see Greenblood is still able to be posting here. Are you out on bail - or do they internet access for prisoners? Maybe the FBI is still looking for you - good luck if you are on the lam.

Damn, this was a funny thread. I suppose OMIK has been banned, kinda miss the guy.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Trolls can be alot of fun. That guy who was a 49er/Packer fan all at once was irritating last year though. Strange he doesn't post here anymore.

L

Lunchboxer

Trolls can be alot of fun. That guy who was a 49er/Packer fan all at once was irritating last year though. Strange he doesn't post here anymore.

Um are you talking about Texas9erfan he commited suicide few months back. Very tragic

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I don't believe you LBer. I believe he is on a Giants board now.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good to see Greenblood is still able to be posting here. Are you out on bail - or do they internet access for prisoners? Maybe the FBI is still looking for you - good luck if you are on the lam.

There's actually a "rest of the story" to that deal. I actually got a phone call from that nutjob about 2 days after he posted his nonsense. I still have no idea how in hell he could have gotten my number. My phone had a call come up that said, "Restricted" or whatever. The caller said said, "Can I talk to Greenblood?" It took me about 5 seconds to figure out what he meant but I eventually said, "Uh..yeah, who's asking?" He said, "This is the Indianapolis branch of the FBI and I wanted to tell you we will be closely monitoring your activities on sports message boards. It seems you've been misrepresenting people's statements and slandering them." (or something to that effect.) Then I heard someone laugh in the background and I hung up. I got another "Restricted" call at 3:00am and ignored it. Haven't heard from the guy since. He's the only person it could have been. Still bugs me that he somehow had/has my phone number. The guy needs to be permanently banned.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
There's actually a "rest of the story" to that deal. I actually got a phone call from that nutjob about 2 days after he posted his nonsense. I still have no idea how in hell he could have gotten my number. My phone had a call come up that said, "Restricted" or whatever. The caller said said, "Can I talk to Greenblood?" It took me about 5 seconds to figure out what he meant but I eventually said, "Uh..yeah, who's asking?" He said, "This is the Indianapolis branch of the FBI and I wanted to tell you we will be closely monitoring your activities on sports message boards. It seems you've been misrepresenting people's statements and slandering them." (or something to that effect.) Then I heard someone laugh in the background and I hung up. I got another "Restricted" call at 3:00am and ignored it. Haven't heard from the guy since. He's the only person it could have been. Still bugs me that he somehow had/has my phone number. The guy needs to be permanently banned.
He must have contacted his wizard friends to hack the site or something. On the bright side, according to his definitions, he stalked you.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He must have contacted his wizard friends to hack the site or something. On the bright side, according to his definitions, he stalked you.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps he got my IP from this site somehow and then somehow got my name from my ISP and went from there.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find that very difficult to believe it was TOMIK. Someone laughing in the background would seem to imply that he had a friend. If it was a cat hissing, maybe I would believe.

My bet, is that you have a friend who somehow put it together what your online ID was. You ever use Greenblood for anything else? Mention Packerforum to one of your friends? Meet up with other forum members at a tailgate? I think it was your friend who did this. Surprised though that they did not fess up to it by now. I'm innocent, but it sounds actually like something I would do - that's my humor.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I find that very difficult to believe it was TOMIK. Someone laughing in the background would seem to imply that he had a friend. If it was a cat hissing, maybe I would believe.

My bet, is that you have a friend who somehow put it together what your online ID was. You ever use Greenblood for anything else? Mention Packerforum to one of your friends? Meet up with other forum members at a tailgate? I think it was your friend who did this. Surprised though that they did not fess up to it by now. I'm innocent, but it sounds actually like something I would do - that's my humor.

I thought of that, but I'm pretty sure the only people who would have my number and know who I am on here is my wife and my brother. But neither of them actually read on here. My brother is a Redskins fan.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I thought of that, but I'm pretty sure the only people who would have my number and know who I am on here is my wife and my brother. But neither of them actually read on here. My brother is a Redskins fan.
Likely TOMIK. The guy lives the internet. Your kind of information isn't difficult to get if you know how to get it. Don't sweat it though GreenBlood, a guy like that is not really dangerous. The dangerous ones never show the dangerous side. He's a nut job but would probably open the door to a spider who wanted to get out rather than kill it. A tall shadow in his mind but afraid of said shadow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts