onlymeiknow trolling attemps

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
It's time to deal with this problem before it becomes HUGE! This is Ted Thompson's 3rd major mistake. There's no way anyone can tell me Ted didn't know this was a possibility. You sign a guy who may be gone half or the WHOLE year? Combine this with Justin Harrell, which never worked, and the Brett Favre trade which it took into the 2nd year for it to work even in a decent capacity, and to me it's adding up. Granted Ted doesn't make as many mistakes as other GMs, but to me, he just seems to do it BIGGER!

Then you add this year's draft to the mix, and I don't care what the taking heads say, all but one or two picks this entire draft stink! Time for Ted to be GM in Seattle!

LOL. There are still people in this world that are pissed at Ted for the Brett thing. Amazing.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time to deal with this problem before it becomes HUGE! This is Ted Thompson's 3rd major mistake. There's no way anyone can tell me Ted didn't know this was a possibility. You sign a guy who may be gone half or the WHOLE year? Combine this with Justin Harrell, which never worked, and the Brett Favre trade which it took into the 2nd year for it to work even in a decent capacity, and to me it's adding up. Granted Ted doesn't make as many mistakes as other GMs, but to me, he just seems to do it BIGGER!

Then you add this year's draft to the mix, and I don't care what the taking heads say, all but one or two picks this entire draft stink! Time for Ted to be GM in Seattle!

I hope this is a joke...

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

JackVanisi,

Study a calendar. Favre left in 2008, the first DECENT year with Rodgers was '09. The most recent championship was 2010. Gotta love 'informed' fans who think they know things, yet can't POSSIBLY tell you what year was what?

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

JackVanisi,

Study a calendar. Favre left in 2008, the first DECENT year with Rodgers was '09. The most recent championship was 2010. Gotta love 'informed' fans who think they know things, yet can't POSSIBLY tell you what year was what?

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

Longtimefan,

I WOULD put you in your place, but you've proven that you'll ban someone from the boards for disagreeing with your asinine postings and opinions, as well as someone with knowledge showing you the error of your ways. But you know what, I feel like taking a risk. I'm from Detroit I guess according to you? No, I'm just a Redwings fan because I refuse to root for teams that I'm geographically the closest too. Which means I'm neither a Brewers, Badgers, Blackhawks or Bears fan! Try southeastern Wisconsin pal, NOT Detroit!

Also, to those reading the posts, I apologize for the double post, I'm not sure how it happened, there was a glitch which I was not intentionally involved with.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JackVanisi,

Right, and keeping Fraud would have left us where, exactly?

Rodgers threw for 28 TD's and more than 4,000 yards his first season as a starter. I'd call that pretty decent. And last I checked, he doesn't play defense. There's a lot more to his performance than wins and losses.

Gotta love Fraud fans...

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

Well ok, if we MUST make it about Favre instead of moving on. I myself was using Brett as a visual aid to prove to all of the Thompson apologists, that the man is extremely flawed and very lucky. His LUCK is the only thing keeping him from being Green Bay's own Matt Millen. But, as I said, a few of you want this to be about Favre now so here goes: Brett had 1 losing season for Green Bay in the 16 FULL years he was a starter. In the 1 year he started only 13 games he was 8-5 according to the stat I just looked up, though I'd swear he was 9-4 in '92, WITH a come from behind victory when relieving Majikowski against Cincinnati. Aaron's first year out of the gate, 6-10. Did Brett EVER lead the team to home field advantage in the playoffs and lose in the FIRST playoff game? Brett's epic interception that I'm sure will be brought up was in the NFC championship! Aaron didn't even get that far this year before losing to the Giants. Brett followed up his Superbowl win, with another appearance at the Superbowl. I guess Aaron went to the superbowl too, of course Brett played, not sat in a luxury box! My point here SPECIFICALLY about the Brett trade is this, in 2008, Aaron wasn't ready. In 2009 he was, but NOT in 2008.

Seriously, people here need to stop apologizing for Ted and Aaron and start expecting better, it's not getting ANY of you a job, or face time, or them calling you their 'buddy'. You aren't gaining anything from it, so let's start being intelligent and honest, instead of buddy buddy with Teddy and Aaron ok?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Longtimefan,

I WOULD put you in your place, but you've proven that you'll ban someone from the boards for disagreeing with your asinine postings and opinions, as well as someone with knowledge showing you the error of your ways. But you know what, I feel like taking a risk. I'm from Detroit I guess according to you? No, I'm just a Redwings fan because I refuse to root for teams that I'm geographically the closest too. Which means I'm neither a Brewers, Badgers, Blackhawks or Bears fan! Try southeastern Wisconsin pal, NOT Detroit!

Also, to those reading the posts, I apologize for the double post, I'm not sure how it happened, there was a glitch which I was not intentionally involved with.

Put me in my place....OOhhhhhh please do it? I really want to see it...I swear to GOD I will not ban you or even warn you..

I wasnt going to sit here and deal with your ramblings for an entire thread..So I flexed my muscle and banned..I normally NEVER do that...Ask ANYONE here, I am very very very slow to ban or even warn anyone...

I never said from Detroit...I said a redwings fan...

post #11
He isnt even a Packer fan..He is a red wing fan..Doesnt even have a NFL team other than ones Brett would play for

Again like I said..You want to bash something get facts right or else you look foolish..And once again I didn't need any help in making you look foolish..

So your serve..Let's see what you got to put me in my place

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
JackVanisi,

What does this mean? Jack never mentioned a date??

That's a funny post, theonlymeyouknow, whether you realize it or not. Were you behind one of the "Fire Ted Thompson" websites? Still upset about the handling of the Favre-made-mess? Calling the 13th Green Bay Packers Championship something that worked "even in a decent capacity"? You weren't a little conflicted about the Packers winning it all were you? I'll bet you were - how sad for you. That's funny stuff, man: Keep it up!

Gotta love informed fans?? LOL

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well ok, if we MUST make it about Favre instead of moving on. I myself was using Brett as a visual aid to prove to all of the Thompson apologists, that the man is extremely flawed and very lucky. His LUCK is the only thing keeping him from being Green Bay's own Matt Millen. But, as I said, a few of you want this to be about Favre now so here goes: Brett had 1 losing season for Green Bay in the 16 FULL years he was a starter. In the 1 year he started only 13 games he was 8-5 according to the stat I just looked up, though I'd swear he was 9-4 in '92, WITH a come from behind victory when relieving Majikowski against Cincinnati. Aaron's first year out of the gate, 6-10. Did Brett EVER lead the team to home field advantage in the playoffs and lose in the FIRST playoff game? Brett's epic interception that I'm sure will be brought up was in the NFC championship! Aaron didn't even get that far this year before losing to the Giants. Brett followed up his Superbowl win, with another appearance at the Superbowl. I guess Aaron went to the superbowl too, of course Brett played, not sat in a luxury box! My point here SPECIFICALLY about the Brett trade is this, in 2008, Aaron wasn't ready. In 2009 he was, but NOT in 2008.

Seriously, people here need to stop apologizing for Ted and Aaron and start expecting better, it's not getting ANY of you a job, or face time, or them calling you their 'buddy'. You aren't gaining anything from it, so let's start being intelligent and honest, instead of buddy buddy with Teddy and Aaron ok?

Ohhh goodie....Brett got us to two SB in the 90's then nothing after that..

His last shot to get back to the SB he tossed int both times to end his hopes.

This is where you bring up other issues of the team..Like lack of running game, or no pass rush, players dropping balls, etc....

Then I counter with how the defense didnt help Rodgers out, or no running game, wr dropping passes left and right..

Shall we continue?

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, and keeping Fraud would have left us where, exactly?

Rodgers threw for 28 TD's and more than 4,000 yards his first season as a starter. I'd call that pretty decent. And last I checked, he doesn't play defense. There's a lot more to his performance than wins and losses.

Gotta love Fraud fans...

Fraud, really? Was that supposed to be funny? Not all Farve fans are idoits or whatever your making them out to be with your " fraud fans" comments.

Moving on, is Hargrove allowed to play in preseason games?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers was better in 08 than Favre. Much better.

Ted Thompson is the best GM in the league hands down. He did more for the packers than Bert Favre ever did. He also was a team first kinda guy instead of that diva bert.

Can't wait for Bert to testify in court about sexting women. Great role model. He isn't "packer people" so I hope they strongly rethink honoring him in any way in the future. I don't want some sex offender in the ring of honor. Leave that for Minnesota. Him and fred smoot can hang out.

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

Aaron Rodgers was better in 08 than Favre. Much better.

Ted Thompson is the best GM in the league hands down. He did more for the packers than Bert Favre ever did. He also was a team first kinda guy instead of that diva bert.

Can't wait for Bert to testify in court about sexting women. Great role model. He isn't "packer people" so I hope they strongly rethink honoring him in any way in the future. I don't want some sex offender in the ring of honor. Leave that for Minnesota. Him and fred smoot can hang out.

Rodgers better than Favre in '08? You're serious? '09 and '10 agreed. '08 no way! You can't say a QB who posted a record of 6-10 is better than a QB who posted an 8-8 record. Now I know someone here will post 'Rodgers is so much better because...' Well I legit looked up their numbers in the ONE category that counts, WINS, and Rodgers through 64 regular season games has a one game advantage over Favre through 64 regular season games. Aaron is 41-23, Brett was 40-24. Aaron looks better on the surface (More TDs, yards, less INTs) but when you look at their overall play, Brett was better than Aaron is. Will Aaron be better than Bret when it's all said and done? As a Packer fan I hope so. The real test is gonna be what happens if Ted has a couple bad drafts in a row, and Aaron doesn't have weapons or a good O-Line problems that in the last 5-7 years of his GB career Favre faced.

Now onto my original post. Hargrove shouldn't have been signed by Ted IF Ted knew, and we have to assume he did know that Hargrove could be suspended for up to a year, which is reasonable to think he would be. This is a huge mistake before you even factor in the question of 'what if he's a Free Agent bust?'

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers better than Favre in '08? You're serious? '09 and '10 agreed. '08 no way! You can't say a QB who posted a record of 6-10 is better than a QB who posted an 8-8 record. Now I know someone here will post 'Rodgers is so much better because...' Well I legit looked up their numbers in the ONE category that counts, WINS, and Rodgers through 64 regular season games has a one game advantage over Favre through 64 regular season games. Aaron is 41-23, Brett was 40-24. Aaron looks better on the surface (More TDs, yards, less INTs) but when you look at their overall play, Brett was better than Aaron is. Will Aaron be better than Bret when it's all said and done? As a Packer fan I hope so. The real test is gonna be what happens if Ted has a couple bad drafts in a row, and Aaron doesn't have weapons or a good O-Line problems that in the last 5-7 years of his GB career Favre faced.

Now onto my original post. Hargrove shouldn't have been signed by Ted IF Ted knew, and we have to assume he did know that Hargrove could be suspended for up to a year, which is reasonable to think he would be. This is a huge mistake before you even factor in the question of 'what if he's a Free Agent bust?'

Was that putting me in my place?

Please I hope not

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can everyone stop arguing with Mel and just throw him on ignore?

Only the lunatic fringe is upset with the way things have worked out for the Packers since the Favre divorce. I'll take a one 6-10 season- an otherwise quick turnaround- when retooling my offense behind a new QB any day.

However, the Favre hate has gone too far (see ivo's post above): it's unbecoming of a fanbase whose team (under the guidance of Thompson) has made a very successful transition and continues to play winning football. It was an ugly divorce and Favre is a flawed individual but a "sex offender?" Really?

Favre gave us sixteen pretty damn good seasons. The guy made mistakes and he made some miracles. I'll always think of him as the toughest son-of-a-***** that ever played QB. He's a big part of some of my most exciting Packer memories, including a comeback drive to beat the Falcons in the last Packer game played ever at County Stadium in Milwaukee. I appreciate Favre's contributions to the franchise: I hope that he and the Packers organization are able to reconcile and that he is honored one day in the future.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Favre: The guy couldn read a progression for his life, yes he was a traitor, yes he is a perv. That being said I still love the guy, but he should have stayed retired when we tossed him. Had he done that, he wouldn be so hated.
Rodgers: Terrible his first season, VAST IMPROVEMENT. Had we kept Favre around it would have taken Aaron that much longer to get to this point. Rodgers is now better than Favre, end of story. Favre won his bowl early too, so there is still time for all this to go south.
Hargrove: His minimum salary and roster spot don't count against us until the suspension is up, and when he comes back we can just release him if you don't like him. I really don't see an issue here, he keeps practicing, we hold all the cards.
Neal: Also suspended

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't say a QB who posted a record of 6-10 is better than a QB who posted an 8-8 record. Now I know someone here will post 'Rodgers is so much better because...' Well I legit looked up their numbers in the ONE category that counts, WINS

So only wins matter?

Rodgers through 64 regular season games has a one game advantage over Favre through 64 regular season games. Aaron is 41-23, Brett was 40-24. Aaron looks better on the surface (More TDs, yards, less INTs) but when you look at their overall play, Brett was better than Aaron is.

Glad you stayed consistent throughout your post. :)

Aaron has actually started 62 regular games and has gone 41-21 while brett went 35 -27 his first 62 games.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers: Terrible his first season

I guess we have two different definitions of terrible then. I see a QB in his first year rank 6th in QB rating (1.2 points below the league MVP), and 4th in TDs and I dont think its that bad of a season. In fact I would call it borderline good to great. Now I think you might have been thinking of the defense, because yes, they were in fact bad, ranking 22nd in points given up.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I'm pretty sure the trolls on here are... indeed... Brett Favre. This guy wants attention any way he can get it.

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

Brett was 39-23 through his first 62 starts. So yes Aaron is 2 games better. I forgot Aaron sat 2 games in his first 4 full years as a starter.

D

Dan115

Why only regular season games... First 68 games include 4 playoff games for both qbs. Rodgers blows the other qb out of the water if you include the playoff games. Maybe the playoffs are not that important to you.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
This is highly amusing. Are we really debating if TT is a good GM with anybody? It's not even about an opinion, he's regarded as one of the best if not the best in the entire NFL and this is considered true by sports writers and players and coaches around the league. How else do you explain him not once but twice shaking down "The Hoodie" in draft trades this year? Really!

Reaction score
JackVanisi,

Rodgers had a pretty productive year in '08 with over 4000 yards passing. You can't possibly say that was below average.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anytime you're less than 2 points apart in the QB rating from the MVP you are having a damn good year. Rodgers in 08 was much much better than Favre was. Unfortunately the defense didn't hold up its end of the bargain

Members online

Latest posts