Only 4 more games and we are rid of Jimmy Graham

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It was funny, when i saw Graham's last catch my vision was slightly blocked, so initially I thought it had to be Geronimo making the catch by the way he was able to contort his body. Was shocked to see Graham get up and off the ground!

I think we all saw the Graham that we had hoped we were getting 2 years ago. Would love to see him continue playing that well for the next ...2 games. :tup:

Only "problem", say Graham does have 2 really fantastic next games, does that change the Packers mind on cutting him lose after they win the Super Bowl?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think everyone involved knows these will be Jimmy's last 2 games with GB under this contract even if he goes off for 10+ per game with 150 each and 6 total TD's

Reaction score
Only "problem", say Graham does have 2 really fantastic next games, does that change the Packers mind on cutting him lose after they win the Super Bowl?
I don’t believe so. He’s still not worthy of 8+ million of Cap savings. TE is a position we need more consistency.
We really need a long term answer at TE, with both Marcedes and Graham on their way out in the near future. We need to either draft another TE or get a younger option in FA.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It was funny, when i saw Graham's last catch my vision was slightly blocked, so initially I thought it had to be Geronimo making the catch by the way he was able to contort his body. Was shocked to see Graham get up and off the ground!

I think we all saw the Graham that we had hoped we were getting 2 years ago. Would love to see him continue playing that well for the next ...2 games. :tup:

Maybe he retires?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Maybe he retires?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Jimmy G hangs them up. Packers will cut him to save the cap space and there is an outside chance, that if he wants to play a few more years, he resigns with another team and that team could even be the Packers at a very reduced and non-guaranteed amount. I am not saying that is what I want to happen, since I think its probably best just to move on from JG, but it isn't out of the question.

D

Deleted member 6794

It almost feels like LaFleur didn't tip his hand much last night. held Jones back in reserve a little bit as a pass catching threat. I think we're going to see him all over the field this Sunday.

I'm absolutely convinced that MLF didn't hold back anything vs. the Seahawks. For whatever reason Jones hasn't been used that much as a receiver since Adams returned from injury.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm absolutely convinced that MLF didn't hold back anything vs. the Seahawks. For whatever reason Jones hasn't been used that much as a receiver since Adams returned from injury.

I forget what broadcast it was but someone mentioned the lack of usage in the passing game in the GB backfield against the Seahawks and someone mentioned they feel the screen passes and flat options against the Seahawks simply isn't a solid option since Seahawks have played them so well...I have zero clue if this is true.

I do know however, the trenches of 49ers are vastly superior to the Seahawks and we MUST keep them honest from just pinning and going....I envision we might see a few more RB plays in the passing game than we did last week.

D

Deleted member 6794

I do know however, the trenches of 49ers are vastly superior to the Seahawks and we MUST keep them honest from just pinning and going....I envision we might see a few more RB plays in the passing game than we did last week.

I agree that Rodgers will have to get the ball out quickly against the Niners defense, therefore it would be smart to involve the running backs in the passing game more often.

Members online

Latest posts