only 2 packers in pro bowl

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only donald driver and aaron kampman made the pro bowl. im pissed about corners neither of ours got in

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed, woodson deserves to go to a pro bowl and so does harris, but i think woodson deserves it more.

woodson has the most ints in the nfl or close to the top and he still didnt get in.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
For a team thats only won six games so far, I don't think thats all that bad. I think Harris OR Woodson should have made it though.

go_pack_go

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson should have easily made it over Lito Sheppard, I think that Hawk should have also made it, he leads the team with 109 tackles.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marquand Manuel in the Pro Bowl. Ted Thompson paid him a lot more than Roman.

How about that Pro Bowl performance by Bubba Franks??

The Packers got snubbed alright.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, at least the two players who clearly deserved it got in. I was hoping for either Harris or Woodson, but considering that they played on one of the very worst defenses in the league, we really couldn't expect them to get in. And how many of us can say with any kind of certainty that Lito Sheppard or Ronde Barber were not as good? I've only seen them play a few times all season, and honestly, I wasn't paying much attention to them.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I wonder. Does getting into the Pro Bowl give the player selected a little bit of adrenaline kick for the next game? Boy, I sure would hate to be Darren Sharper and the OL for the Vikings right now :)

<matt birk sucks! heh>

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a team thats only won six games so far, I don't think thats all that bad. I think Harris OR Woodson should have made it though.

Maybe if GB's pass defense wasn't ranked around 30th all year, they may have made it. The Pro Bowl means nothing, just an all expense paid vacation for millionairs.

The only player I was ever upset about making that team was Mike Alstott at fullback. Talk about getting hosed, William Henderson should have many trips to Honolulu.

go_pack_go

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ronde Barber deserves the pro bowl berth, but Woodsons numbers are better than Lito Sheppards. The problem with Al Harris is the lack of interceptions, not saying that he doesn't deserve it, but he doesn't have the picks that others have. That being said, it's harder to get interceptions when you are shutting down the opponents best WR and they can't throw at you.

go_pack_go

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:cheerleader:

What does this post even mean? Who is talking about snubs for Manuel or Franks?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
go_pack_go said:

:cheerleader:

What does this post even mean? Who is talking about snubs for Manuel or Franks?

it is a SARCASTIC post

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thing about woodson is he only started performing heaps better later in the season and the voting had been open for alot longer so more votes would hav gone to other players while he was playing average

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are always going to be players who get snubbed.
Ruben Brown and Charles Tillman of the Bears both should have made it but oh well.

The worst choice by far was Tony Romo. Thanks to the hype generated by ESPN and their band of Romosexuals he made the team even though Rex Grossman, Brett Favre, Eli Manning and Jake Delhomme have all thrown for more yards and more TDs.

There are 10 QBs in the NFC who have thrown for more yards than Romo.
Giving that spot to a guy who has started 8 games is a joke.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ruben Brown and Charles Tillman of the Bears both should have made it but oh well.

The worst choice by far was Tony Romo. Thanks to the hype generated by ESPN and their band of Romosexuals he made the team even though Rex Grossman, Brett Favre, Eli Manning and Jake Delhomme have all thrown for more yards and more TDs.

If they'd incluted Brown/Tillman I think the NFC team would have been called the "bears" then. They had to cut the line somewhere.

I agree with the Romo stuff. I jus don't see him being Pro Bowl material. He has done a good job and I suppose thats just a sign of how weak the NFC really is.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only donald driver and aaron kampman made the pro bowl. im pissed about corners neither of ours got in

better representation than last year when there were no packers in the pro bowl.

Very good that Driver is in it.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if woodson and harris played better at the start of the year they may have made it but they were awful to start the season maybe they will learn to show up for mini camp

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed, woodson deserves to go to a pro bowl and so does harris, but i think woodson deserves it more.

woodson has the most ints in the nfl or close to the top and he still didnt get in.

Yeah. Both of them actually deserve it. Woodson has the INTs, Harris is known as a shut down corner. We got snubbed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

sort of like T.O

he leads league in TDs and yards (I believe thats right) and he isnt in it..allthough I dont think to many people are upset about that...

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pro bowl is a popularity compitition and i dont understand why people rate so highly the players that get into it. they are the players that people most want to see in the same game not necessarily the players who have had the best season. thats why having an pro bowl game and an all-pro team is good because then the players who have actually had the better season get the recognition that they diserve.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popularity competition or not, its something that the players value highly if only for the recognition. Given our record this year, I think we got fair representation. Wouldve been nice to see Harris get the nod too but that might have made it even more difficult to retain him.

Members online

Latest posts