Online Poll at Official Bears Website~CHECK This Out!

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over at the official NFL website for the Chicago Bears They pose this Question. What I don't understand is why they left Orton & Greise off the poll?

Which NFC North quarterback will throw the most TD passes in '06?

Brett Favre, Packers

Rex Grossman, Bears

Brad Johnson, Vikings

Jon Kitna, Lions

Josh McCown, Lions

Click on the web site homepage for the resultshttp://www.chicagobears.com/ :shock:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Oline Poll at Official Bears Website~CHECK This Out!

No homerism there eh?

OP
OP
C

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hear ya longtime....and GEEZ..I thought it would be fair.. being they put the QBs in alphabetical order :D

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I wanna vote for someone other than my Favorite team, but I just can't see any of those guys throwing more TD's than Brett.
I think Brad Johnson has the best chance.
Grossman is too fragile.
Kitna er Lions QB whoever I think is gonna change mid-season

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cheesehog said:
Over at the official NFL website for the Chicago Bears They pose this Question. What I don't understand is why they left Orton & Greise off the poll?

Which NFC North quarterback will throw the most TD passes in '06?

Brett Favre, Packers

Rex Grossman, Bears

Brad Johnson, Vikings

Jon Kitna, Lions

Josh McCown, Lions

Click on the web site homepage for the resultshttp://www.chicagobears.com/ :shock:

I know, the nerve of those Bears fans. I voted for Brad Johnson. :D

Actually I voted for Favre because I know he'll have at least 20 tds to go along with his 25 ints. :wink:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I voted for Favre. Common sense tells you that any QB from the Bears will not be at the top. They are a running team and have always been so. I don't believe that they will start the same QB in every game this season.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Philtration said:
I voted for Favre. Common sense tells you that any QB from the Bears will not be at the top. They are a running team and have always been so. I don't believe that they will start the same QB in every game this season.

You are really going out on a limb making that prediction. When was the last time the Bears did start one qb for all 16?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

4thand26 said:
Philtration said:

You are really going out on a limb making that prediction. When was the last time the Bears did start one qb for all 16?

Oh man..... I have no idea. That is pretty sad eh?

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How could you not vote for a lion's qb when they have Mad Martz running the offense? I think it's laughable most of those bears fans think grossman will be on the field long enough to throw alot of TD's. I heard they were painting a handicapped spot on the bench for him this year.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score

big3 said:
How could you not vote for a lion's qb when they have Mad Martz running the offense? I think it's laughable most of those bears fans think grossman will be on the field long enough to throw alot of TD's. I heard they were painting a handicapped spot on the bench for him this year.

:roll: That's okay with me we pretty much swept this division in 2005 with Kyle Orton under center. Mike Martz(who was fired) ended up running the greatest show on turf into the ground and is now "The second coming of Christ" in Detoilet? Laughable. At least your Lions have three career back-ups as well. :wink: All "smack" aside, I do however, think McKown will be the best option. Good luck with that.

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

big3 said:

Lets see, Charles Rodgers and Mike Williams DO NOT scare NFL defenses, period. The only WR you guys have that scares me is Roy Williams. Don't forget that you have two QBs in Jon Kitna and Josn McCown, one whose best record in a season is 8-8 and the other has never been on a winning team before.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score

our new coaching staff knows how lazy ROGERS and Williams are, so they may not even see the field. While our new qb's may not impress you, our old qb's best record was 6 - 10. Say what you want, but we've upgraded the position no matter which new qb starts. We also have new recievers so we don't have to depend on the 3 divas to make plays. Did you forget that with all the injuries and Chuck's suspension our qb's spent most of the year throwing to practice sqaud recievers? (scottie Vines and Glenn Martinez) We added Corey Bradford, Mike Furrey, Paris Hamilton, and Brett Fischer. Not to mention the rookie recievers who may not even make the team. They are not big name stars, but they are not practice squad guys either. No matter how you look at it, the lion's offense will be improved this year. They won't be world beaters, but it's at least a step in the right direction.

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

big3 said:
our new coaching staff knows how lazy ROGERS and Williams are, so they may not even see the field. While our new qb's may not impress you, our old qb's best record was 6 - 10. Say what you want, but we've upgraded the position no matter which new qb starts. We also have new recievers so we don't have to depend on the 3 divas to make plays. Did you forget that with all the injuries and Chuck's suspension our qb's spent most of the year throwing to practice sqaud recievers? (scottie Vines and Glenn Martinez) We added Corey Bradford, Mike Furrey, Paris Hamilton, and Brett Fischer. Not to mention the rookie recievers who may not even make the team. They are not big name stars, but they are not practice squad guys either. No matter how you look at it, the lion's offense will be improved this year. They won't be world beaters, but it's at least a step in the right direction.

Personally, if the Rookie WRs work their tails off and camp and Charles Rogers and Mike Williams just get handed spots, that will be a joke right there. Experts were laughing at the NFC North heading into last year. Now, lets make them eat crow.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

big3 said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the Lions as anything more than the same underacheiving team they usually are.You basically traded 1 Joey Harrington for 3 Joey Harrington's.

I don't think that coaching was the problem with Detroit. It was a lack of talent mixed with guys who had talent but did not use it. Martz will not do anything but put himself back in the Hospital with this team.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-

pyledriver80 said:
big3 said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the Lions as anything more than the same underacheiving team they usually are.You basically traded 1 Joey Harrington for 3 Joey Harrington's.

I don't think that coaching was the problem with Detroit. It was a lack of talent mixed with guys who had talent but did not use it. Martz will not do anything but put himself back in the Hospital with this team.

Joey harrington was horrible. Kitna and McCown are definatly beter, but that doesn't mean tha either one of them will thow more TD's then Favre or Johnson

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think the Vikings have some pretty good weapons at WR such as Troy Williamson, Marcus Robinson, and Koren Robinson. However, losing Nate Burelson to Seattle was a big loss for them.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score

big3 said:

Fair enough, but I actually thought Scotty Vines looked fairly descent last season and there was also the fact that Harrington could throw a pass right to a receiver and they'd drop it, WTF? Charles Rodgers is alright but he won't be on the cover of "Sports Illustrated" anytime soon, maybe the cover of "High Times" though. :wink: I think the best thing for you guys was getting rid of Mooch and getting Marinelli, next is Millen. :D

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DaBearsrule4ever said:
I still think the Vikings have some pretty good weapons at WR such as Troy Williamson, Marcus Robinson, and Koren Robinson. However, losing Nate Burelson to Seattle was a big loss for them.

328 yds and 1 Td in 12 games is a "big" loss? The Vikings will be fine without Burleson, he sucks. :wink:

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
DaBearsrule4ever said:

328 yds and 1 Td in 12 games is a "big" loss? The Vikings will be fine without Burleson, he sucks. :wink:

I'm just happy to see him out of the NFC North and in the NFC West. :D

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hi everyone well i dont think anyone will beat out brett this year,the q.b the lions have are okay vikings well johnson to me never was that great,he only looks goood when the d-line isnt the best we had moments that we looked good then the next play it was like where did our d-line go i think we have some very good talent to,just hope we have good coaches time will tell,hopefuly in preseason.

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan4ever said:
hi everyone well i dont think anyone will beat out brett this year,the q.b the lions have are okay vikings well johnson to me never was that great,he only looks goood when the d-line isnt the best we had moments that we looked good then the next play it was like where did our d-line go i think we have some very good talent to,just hope we have good coaches time will tell,hopefuly in preseason.

What i'm going to miss most about the Lions QB is especially what the Bears did to them last year. We beat up Harrington real good in Chicago and we all know Jeff Garcia loves throwing interceptions in OT against the Bears that get returned for a TD.

Members online

Latest posts