One week.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it took one week. I don't remember an outrage 2-3 weeks ago when Sherman's contract was extended, but after one game some of you guys are calling for him to be fired. I didn't like the play calling Sunday but then again I don't pretend to know more about football or the personnel on this team than Sherman and the coaching staff. I realize most of you guys are accomplished fantasy football general managers, so I'm sure you could teach Sherm a thing or two.

The Packers lost a football game.....get over it. Sherman is your coach....get over it. Some of you guys get more joy out of hoping the Packers lose rather than watching them win just so you can come on with your canned speaches about how Sherman sucks.

Sherman may have had a sh1tty game plan. Like I said, I don't pretend to know what went into it. But I'm sure part of that plan did not include 18 penalties, dropped balls, fumbles or poorly thrown balls. Who knows maybe he DID tell their veteran center to basically not block anybody. Sometimes players need to take responsibility for their mistakes. But the easiest thing to do, as "football experts", is to just stand up real tall and scream out "Fire the coach"....it is happening right now in 16 cities across the NFL including right here in Philly. Kind of assinine isn't it? Guess what you guys are now no better than eagle fans.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the starting corner is killing you on every possession, and he remains in, there is a question to be asked.

When your starting center is functioning more as a turnstyle than an obstacle, there are questions to be asked.

When you abandon the run (hey, MS transformed the team to power run) when down only 7, there are questions to be asked.

Question: Carroll has displayed the SAME problems as last year and all of preseason. Why didn't Joey Thomas, or anyone else, get the nod?

Question: Flanny looks to be hurt more than we care to know. Why didn't Grey Reugamer, a nasty, tough guy with a proven performance history, get in there when it is clear we were being out-muscled and out-nastied?

Question: Ahman was tearing them up. Yes, down and distance (in many cases the result of penalties) predicated pass at times, but where appropriate, why was Ahman not allowed to do his thing...which he was doing SO well before the plug was pulled?

These are 3 off the top...valid every one of them......and I am sure there are many more. They deserve to be asked.

P.S. The O-line performance, or lack thereof, was NOT due to the guards, as many had predicted...it was the result of being overpowered at the center spot more often than not.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs....do you think Sherman's coaching had anything to do with Flanny suddenly becoming a matador? Hurt? I doubt it...he was cleared to play by the doctors. How about this....he played a sh1tty game.

All your questions are valid, but they are just questions. We don't really know what goes into the answers. BTW...I know where you stand on this and it's a fair stance. I've got no problem with holding a coach's feet to the fire. I'm just tired of all the experts screaming "fire him" everytime the Packers lose..Living in an area of another NFL franchise gives you a different perspective of the Packers. Sometimes Packer fans don't realize how good they have it.

When they come in here crying like little *****es because their little world was turned upside down because of a Packer loss , it makes me sick :puke:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then pull him for a series or two to see if the other guy can do the job THAT DAY, THAT GAME. Not a demotion of Flanny, but we needed more Sunday.

The common denominator is the coach makes those calls..either alone or in symphany with the respective coord/position coach.

The calls never get made...like the day is etched in concrete and to veer from it would require human sacrafice or something.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But the easiest thing to do, as "football experts", is to just stand up real tall and scream out "Fire the coach"

I suggest that those who feel strongly that Sherman has to go, call 920-569-7500 and ask for Bob Harlan. He is much more likely to make something happen than anyone on this message board.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, from the comments on the forum, there are two distinct groups *****ing about MS.

1. The "Get Your Head Out of Your ***, Mike Sherman" crowd.

2. The "Fire Mike Sherman's ***" crowd.

The prior can and will quickly become the latter if he does not heed their words.

The "fire MS" sentiment is a little out there, but really, there was a fair amount of dialogue here and elsewhere about coming out flat this game because it has been a problem in the past. Problem obviously not fixed.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DIGS - I just wanna know where the GUSTO FOR FOOTBALL ....went...

That's all - this crap of starting "every" season out with one loss after another - even in the pre-season is a bit much.
I think maybe Sherman is too much of a Player's Coach these days.
It's starting to smell like 1999 again....

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, the absense of any fire in such a competitive and brutally physical game is a little amazing to me.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
digs....do you think Sherman's coaching had anything to do with Flanny suddenly becoming a matador? Hurt? I doubt it...he was cleared to play by the doctors. How about this....he played a sh1tty game.

All your questions are valid, but they are just questions. We don't really know what goes into the answers. BTW...I know where you stand on this and it's a fair stance. I've got no problem with holding a coach's feet to the fire. I'm just tired of all the experts screaming "fire him" everytime the Packers lose..Living in an area of another NFL franchise gives you a different perspective of the Packers. Sometimes Packer fans don't realize how good they have it.

When they come in here crying like little *****es because their little world was turned upside down because of a Packer loss , it makes me sick :puke:

you are pretty rough there depack. its just one week. i keep telling these posters here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts