One ****** Play !

Which single play bothered you the most

• James Jones fumble in Chicago

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • The refs in Chicago calling penalty on Zombo to deny us the late Int on Cutler

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Crosby's FG miss (post) on final play of regulation in Washington

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • The BS penalty call on the special teams in the Dolphins game

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Rodgers fumble early in the Falcons game on the sneak

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Greg Jennings dropping a sure TD at the Lions, and then making it be an easy Int

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Charles Woodson dropping the easy Int of Tom Brady in New England, costing us 7-14 points

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Letting a slow white Ol to return the KO for an NFL record 80 yards to beat us in NE

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it amazing that every single loss the Packers ever have, it basically came down to one play. Just one play, had it not occurred, and we'd have won the game.

This goes back to the Arizona playoff game (Rodgers in OT, first play, has Jennings deep, and overthrows him).

And the only loss we had in the last 8 games of last season, at Pittsburgh, it came down to that final lucky TD pass by Rapelisburger against our street guy Josh Bell. But that came a play after Cullen Jenkins had big Ben wide open for a sack which would have ended the game. But he missed and Ben got the clock stopped with a throw away.

This year, which of these single plays bothers you the most:

@ Bears, week 3.
-2 minutes to go, Rodgers to James Jones for a 1st down at about midfield, Jones with the ball in the wrong arm again, is stripped and the ball magically hits an invisible forcefield one centimeter from the sideline and stops so a Bear can recover it. A few plays later, Bears win it on a FG as time expires.

@ Red Skins, week 5.
-In an ugly game where Donald Lee's fumble on the first play would end Jermichael Finley's season, and Matthews would pull his hammy, and a few other guys would get hurt for the year, the game was still ours on the last play of the game when, tied, Mason Crosby lined up the GW Field Goal. He kicked it pretty good, started dead center, then drifted left, left, wind blew it, hook... clank, off the post.

vs Miami, week 6.
-Missing Matthews, we played terrible, but still, the game was tied with about 3 minutes to go, and our defense forced a 3&out and the Fins had to punt from inside their own 10, which would have given us great field position.
Amazingly, the ref decides to call us for having a guy lineup to close to the long-snapper, even though it was the same thing on every other punt that day, and even though replays indicated that our guy was exactly at least one full yard away as the rule calls for.
Dolphins would ultimately get a FG on that drive to win the game and drop us to 3-3.

@ Atlanta week 12.
-Early in the game, Rodgers fumbles on a sneak at the goalline, costing us a very valuable 7 points.
Late in the game, after Rodgers' clutchest drive of his life tied the game with just over 30 seconds left, the special teams allows a huge return to set up the game-winning FG for Atlanta, which of course they made unlike Crosby in DC.

@ Detroit, week 14.
-First drive of the game in what should be a Packers blowout win over the Lions and their 3rd string QB, Andrew Quarless fumbles away the ball on a routine play that would have us having a first down near the red zone, in what would be business as usual and a quick 7-0 lead on the Lions.
-Next drive, Rodgers gorgeous deep ball to a wide open Jennings for a 80-yard TD and 7-0 Packers lead, but Jennings drops it and uses his helmet to bump the ball up into the air right to the beaten Lions DB for an Interception of Rodgers, his only one in about these last 6 or 7 games.
-A few drives later as the Packers offense was studdering, Rodgers felt the need to get some extra yards (since his WR and TE's were ****ing up), so he scrambles for a first down, and then some, but gets hammered and a concussion.

@ New England, week 15.
-Early in the game, Charles Woodson drops an easy Int from Tom Brady (who has had a horse shoe or rabbits foot up his ** all year long with guys dropping Ints). That drop by Woodson cost us 7 points at the least (they would get a TD on the drive), and maybe 14 because it looked to be a possible pick-6.
Late in the game, as with the Falcons game blueprint, our special teams would allow another long return to the famous Dan Conelley.

This is why we need to always get up and stay up by more than 7 points. We did get a 10 point lead on Washington, and needed to extend it. But didn't.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
You can look at it this way, but in reality, there are a lot of plays in each of those games, that had they gone the other way, we probably would have won.

Either way, it's frustrating.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
First off, I want to say if Rodgers and Jennings keep up with the deja vu of missing a game winning catch, I may not be the only one saying that is what costs the Packers their many close games. It has happened to often of at least twice.

FrankRizzo, I felt that the Devin Hester TD was the biggest fluke with our team this season, not only did it light a fire for Hester, it showed how bad our ST is, and that teams can capitalize on it. The fat OL running it so far, was just proof how injured the Packers ST's are.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The penalty on Zombo for some reason lit me up like a damn candle stick. I just remember cursing a lot and engaging in some very unladylike behavior. Feral Kitten.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I picked the Zombo fumble, mostly due to cause and effect.

If that pick stands, as it should have, the James Jones play probably never happens and we win the game as we should have.

It wasn't a blatant shot to the head. He hit him clean and his helmet slid. It was a ******** flag, especially when you consider that Rodgers took several more blatant shots to the head AFTER that game and never got the flag for them.

Losing to the Bears is a far bigger deal than losing to the other teams we lost to. We win that game, we're fighting for a division title and home playoff game tomorrow. Of course we lost to the Lions too, which also would have had us competing for the division this weekend had we won, but I'm more pissed about losing to the Bears.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I picked the Zombo fumble, mostly due to cause and effect.

If that pick stands, as it should have, the James Jones play probably never happens and we win the game as we should have.

It wasn't a blatant shot to the head. He hit him clean and his helmet slid. It was a ******** flag, especially when you consider that Rodgers took several more blatant shots to the head AFTER that game and never got the flag for them.
:chisux:
Losing to the Bears is a far bigger deal than losing to the other teams we lost to. We win that game, we're fighting for a division title and home playoff game tomorrow. Of course we lost to the Lions too, which also would have had us competing for the division this weekend had we won, but I'm more pissed about losing to the Bears.
That's right. Games like that are a 2-game swing -minimum. Probably more because of the momentum factor.

There were so many unreal/bogus/********/flukey things in that one game that went against us, and still they beat us on the last play of the game with the FG.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I picked the Jennings drop and INT. That one just pissed me off, especially watching Jennings basically give up on the play like it was no big deal.

However, your comment on the "invisible forcefield" that kept the Jones fumble in bounds was dead accurate. I couldn't believe me eyes that the ball just kept spinning in place. There must be a black hole, or worm hole or something on that spot in Chicago.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I picked the Jennings drop and INT. That one just pissed me off, especially watching Jennings basically give up on the play like it was no big deal.

However, your comment on the "invisible forcefield" that kept the Jones fumble in bounds was dead accurate. I couldn't believe me eyes that the ball just kept spinning in place. There must be a black hole, or worm hole or something on that spot in Chicago.

It defied the laws of physics! How is that even possible!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Tom Brady (who has had a horse shoe or rabbits foot up his ** all year long with guys dropping Ints).

The best visual of the day!! Hilarious!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought Jennings reaction was of pure disbelief and disappointment, and he just thought he dropped it, at first, not realizing it also was intercepted thanks to that. That did cost us the game IMO.

The Jones fumble in Chicago.... that forcefield is totally symbolic of the Bears in 2010!
But guess what? 2010 is over baby! It's time to turn those Bears back into Cubs!!!!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a tough choice between Woodson dropping the easy INT and Jennings dropping the easy TD. I chose Woodson dropping the INT in the end because it ****** me off to no end that our defensive backs can't seem to catch the easiest interceptions. Seriously, I think if there was a category for most dropped interceptions by team we would have to be in 1st.