One persons take on the NEW Brett Favre...Mine

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(note: pack66,depack,winni,others...this is only my opinion and I am sure you will disagree with some of it, but lets not make this a bash thread please)

I don't know about Favre anymore. He is still a HoFer, and my fav QB of all time, and no matter how many times people say it, I don't hate him AT ALL.

But THIS favre is different now. THIS favre is questioning his mental toughness.(1) Favre has never done that, and that kinda scares me!

What if Shaq said "I dont think I'm mentally tough enough to dunk it over people now." That would make Shaq a big tall useless pile of space.

Favre questioning his mental toughess doesn't worry anyone at all?

It is almost as if he is a different person to me now. The main reason I love Favre is his mental toughness. Sure he has a great arm, good accuracy, nice decision making skills.. But I LOVE him(me, personally) for him not caring it's 3rd and 21, he is gonna get this pass completed. He doesn't care if Warren Sapp is a big mean fatty, he is gonna butt heads with him. etc etc etc

Favre without his mental toughness...ugh....I dont even know if I want to see it! A 'timid' favre?! Talk about an oxymoron.

(1) - From the interview he did on ESPN where he said he didn't know if he would want the ball to take it down the field in the 4th quarter.(I google searched for an article on it, couldn't find it, but I think most of you know the interview i am referring to)

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point, but that is why i think favre has hold back so long. To me it souns like he is saying that he doesnt feel like it now, and if he doesnt want it anymore he wont come back, but if he does come back it is because he has found his mental strength again. Favre cant/wont come back unless he has that strong willpower he has always had.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That statement is the only thing that concerns me. But then again, how many times have any of us said something that, in hindsight, just did not come out right or was based more out of frustration than logic/reality.

Personally, I just get the feeling that the last several years have taken a toll and he is losing the last remnants of the burden all of it had imposed upon him. Let's face it, football is his outlet, his remedy. The fact that they lost...or more specifically, how they lost...perhaps football for once did not allow for some of that stuff to dissipate because it was just more burden on top of what was already there.

Just food for thought.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he does, I really do. Cuz like you say, it sounds as if he has 'lost it' 'for now.'

But what if he gets it back and stays? YAY, we will all celebrate, with me as the host.

BUT....what if we lose a couple games early on, and Favre loses it again?

Those are the types of things I am worried about.

I just hope he comes back, is determined all year, and win or lose, we all play our best, and have a good\entertaining year.

I understand it is going to be a dark time when Favre leaves.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
[align=center]If this starts getting out of hand, expect posts to be deleted. Just a friendly warning :)[/align]

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I am just making stuff up because it makes me feel smarter than I really am

Oh don't be so ******* yourself trom, no one expects you to know anything any way.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*EDITED BY AADP - I know it isn't fair to edit your post Bruce, but if we do tromadz and not yours he will never stop whining

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
(note: pack66,depack,winni,others...this is only my opinion and I am sure you will disagree with some of it, but lets not make this a bash thread please)

I don't know about Favre anymore. He is still a HoFer, and my fav QB of all time, and no matter how many times people say it, I don't hate him AT ALL.

But THIS favre is different now. THIS favre is questioning his mental toughness.(1) Favre has never done that, and that kinda scares me!

What if Shaq said "I dont think I'm mentally tough enough to dunk it over people now." That would make Shaq a big tall useless pile of space.

The only problem I see with Brett is that he is just too honest and for this mistake in his nature, it is easy to take shots at him.

Only "SUPERMAN" would not question his abilities at times....but oh yeah, Superman is fictional trom and Brett is not.

I can't believe you question the one man in the NFL that has played day in and out for how many games straight ?

He is honest and waits because he wants to make sure he can give 110 % like he has always done and you still don't see how lucky we are, do you ?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta remember the grizzly bear quote, Bruce. If I had drank something it would have been pouring out my nose!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
tromadz said:

The only problem I see with Brett is that he is just too honest and for this mistake in his nature, it is easy to take shots at him.

Only "SUPERMAN" would not question his abilities at times....but oh yeah, Superman is fictional trom and Brett is not.

I can't believe you question the one man in the NFL that has played day in and out for how many games straight ?

He is honest and waits because he wants to make sure he can give 110 % like he has always done and you still don't see how lucky we are, do you ?

I'm NOT taking shots at him. I swear to god it's as if you slighty ..HINT at Favre not being great or good, or perfect, you are 'bashing' him or 'taking shots' at.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again.....the words of that GREAT civil rights leader, Rodney King comes to mind...........
"Can't we all just get along???"

Now.......if Brett's DAD was still around, he smack his boy upside the head for even HINTING he's not tough enough anymore!!!

Reaction score
ENOUGH! QUIT WITH THE NAME CALLING AND PERSONAL ATTACKS. YOU ARE ALL GROWN ADULTS, STOP ACTING LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN. NO ONE IS ASKING FOR YOU TO ALL AGREE, BUT DISAGREE IN A CIVILIZED MANNER! GROW UP! THIS IS THE LAST WARNING.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree allabout.......i don't know WHY it has to get so nasty all the time. I don't mind a spirited argument, but the name calling is way over the edge.
I don't think i have done that anywhere.............so far!!! :lol:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jeez...

Zero and AADP are drunk with power.....

(Just like a certain political admin******** *K)*U)U* _)(ui ## )#_)&$#)&$#_)&$#)(*_+)(*+#*(*(_#%n#()*()

THERE..I EDITED MYSELF!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does worry me to hear Favre talk like that.

Do I still think he's got it. Yeah.. Physically Favre is still a top 5 QB. Mentally I don't think he is..

Now that can change. If we get players around him and start winning with Favre then he's going to get his confindence back.

Watching him this year was awful and sad to see after all the sucess of recent seasons.. He thought he had to do it all or do to much.. He just needs to play the game much smarter.

Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Jeez...

(Just like a certain political admin******** *K)*U)U* _)(ui ## )#_)&$#)&$#_)&$#)(*_+)(*+#*(*(_#%n#()*()

THERE..I EDITED MYSELF!

Look, there is a limit, and the limit of name calling and personal attacks has been crossed. People come to this forum to see good discussion about Packers football, not a bunch of adults acting like children and calling each other names and insulting each other. Such things get us no where.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS/CONCERNS ON THE MATTER, PM ME OR ANY OF THE MODS. LETS KEEP THIS ON TOPIC STARTING NOW.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was only kiddin...AADP...(you know..funnin..)

Anyway..I think people are getting too twitterpated about all this Favre stuff...

What he was really saying was..."I don't know if I want the ball with the game on the line...WITH THIS CURRENT PACKER TEAM AROUND ME...BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT VERY GOOD..."

There's no way that he doubts his own abilities..yet!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
It does worry me to hear Favre talk like that.

Do I still think he's got it. Yeah.. Physically Favre is still a top 5 QB. Mentally I don't think he is..

Now that can change. If we get players around him and start winning with Favre then he's going to get his confindence back.

Watching him this year was awful and sad to see after all the sucess of recent seasons.. He thought he had to do it all or do to much.. He just needs to play the game much smarter.

I agree with you, and hope you're right, man!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Jeez...

THERE..I EDITED MYSELF!

See.........THIS (above) is why I don't want to be a moderator. Anytime they try to enforce their authority, they get blasted. And in this case, the moderator is 100% right, PERIOD! If you ACT like spoiled children, expect to be TREATED like spoiled children. And to attack the "political admin...."......well, i expect THAT from a "certain political typ......."opps! Edited myself!!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks TT-rom..

(I knew you'd come around to my way of thinking sooner or later...)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts