One Packer says Favre wants to bury hatchet with Rodgers

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I dont understand when Favre fans tell me TT screwed him by not giving him his release. Isnt it TTs job as a GM to get the best deal for the team he runs for a player? Not cater to the players and agents wishes.

ivo - you forgot that Favre fans think Favre is the second messiah or something, and those that do not please the Favre are the worst sinners of all.

But yeah that kind of sounds like something in teh GM job description.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spoken like a true Favre fan. :no2:

And is that a problem? Yeah i still like and respect him. Who cares? I sure don't. It also wasn't that long ago that people were booing Aaron Rodgers. We can't change the past and what Farve has done to the Packers , but like i said before , we can change the future and if Farve wants to man up and say sorry for what he put Aaron and the Packers threw. Then yeah , i'll atleast listen to what he has to say. Wasn't it Rodgers who told Green Bay fans to "shut the hell up" or something like that when the whole Farve thing was going down? We certianly got over that quickly.

But like someone said on here. This issue is between Favre and Aaron. They should hammer this out in private and when it's time for the public to hear. Let them say something about it , not us.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And is that a problem? Yeah i still like and respect him. Who cares? I sure don't. It also wasn't that long ago that people were booing Aaron Rodgers. We can't change the past and what Farve has done to the Packers , but like i said before , we can change the future and if Farve wants to man up and say sorry for what he put Aaron and the Packers threw. Then yeah , i'll atleast listen to what he has to say. Wasn't it Rodgers who told Green Bay fans to "shut the hell up" or something like that when the whole Farve thing was going down? We certianly got over that quickly.

But like someone said on here. This issue is between Favre and Aaron. They should hammer this out in private and when it's time for the public to hear. Let them say something about it , not us.

Nothing wrong at all with who you cheer for. No one can tell you who you should or shouldnt cheer for.

As far as Rodgers, I completely agree with what he said. Im not a fan of bandwagon fans either.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If any of this story is believed to be true then i have to believe it is being orchastrated by Favre.

And to that I say: Really? One week after the Super Bowl and you have to interject yourself into it? You are that ******** selfish that you cannot let the team and fans celebrate what this team has done with out adding yourself to the to it?

Aaron Rodgers should not have to even think about you for what he has accomplished in spite of you! Go away you self serving turd!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If any of this story is believed to be true then i have to believe it is being orchastrated by Favre.

And to that I say: Really? One week after the Super Bowl and you have to interject yourself into it? You are that ******** selfish that you cannot let the team and fans celebrate what this team has done with out adding yourself to the to it?

Aaron Rodgers should not have to even think about you for what he has accomplished in spite of you! Go away you self serving turd!
Either Burnt Fart is just really really stupid.
He has really bad timing.
Or he knows exactly what he is doing.
Or a combination of all three.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, this sounds like another case of Favre wanting the limelight. If he really wanted to make amends with Rodgers, why didn't he just call him up after the Super Bowl, without making any sort of deal about it? Now he's like, "Well, I'll make up with Aaron, but only if Aaron wants to" as if he's the one being wronged.

This is a guy who crapped in the faces of all the Packers fans who supported him for years. He said that true Packer fans would understand why he's moving to the Vikings, as if those of us cheering for the Packers and not the Vikings were not true Packers fans. And now, after all he's done, he wants to be made out to be the victim.

He's probably trying to get in on the big pregame celebration that would take place on the first Thursday night of the season. I'd hate to see "Super Bowl champions night" get turned into "#4 retirement night." Hopefully Mark Murphy won't allow it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

NP with me...You can cheer for whom ever..

but make no mistake you need to compare the two with same criteria, if you dont you will be blasted..

For instance... Dont say that Brett needed a good D like Rodgers has to help get to SB.. But then in same breath blame Rodgers for all the losses in 08 or 09 when clearly the D didnt help in a few games

As long as you are consistent in how you compare the two your going to be okay

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
To me, this sounds like another case of Favre wanting the limelight. If he really wanted to make amends with Rodgers, why didn't he just call him up after the Super Bowl, without making any sort of deal about it? Now he's like, "Well, I'll make up with Aaron, but only if Aaron wants to" as if he's the one being wronged.

This is a guy who crapped in the faces of all the Packers fans who supported him for years. He said that true Packer fans would understand why he's moving to the Vikings, as if those of us cheering for the Packers and not the Vikings were not true Packers fans. And now, after all he's done, he wants to be made out to be the victim.

He's probably trying to get in on the big pregame celebration that would take place on the first Thursday night of the season. I'd hate to see "Super Bowl champions night" get turned into "#4 retirement night." Hopefully Mark Murphy won't allow it.

Since this SB I have "matured" on the Brett stuff..

With that said I can see things with a unbiased vision (at least I hope and think I am )

To say Brett will try to get into pre game I think is just crap...I dont think Brett would do that at all, or even think of doing it..

For one, I think he has to much respect for some players there now to do that...Two--I think his pr people would tell him that would be a crappy thing to do

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think his pr people would tell him that would be a crappy thing to do

Yeah, I think they took away his cell phone for awhile too.

Or gave him one of those kids ones that only let you dial like 3 numbers and doesnt come with a camera.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NP with me...You can cheer for whom ever..

but make no mistake you need to compare the two with same criteria, if you dont you will be blasted..

For instance... Dont say that Brett needed a good D like Rodgers has to help get to SB.. But then in same breath blame Rodgers for all the losses in 08 or 09 when clearly the D didnt help in a few games

As long as you are consistent in how you compare the two your going to be okay

Ummm first off I in no way was talking about our D in either years. What i was referring to about Rodgers getting booed was when Favre just left GB for the Jets and people at the time weren't used to having a new franchise QB. So in Aaron's first reason or so. He was getting some boo's. I forget if we played the Jets when Favre QB for them.

If what i said came off as something else. Then i'm sorry.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To say Brett will try to get into pre game I think is just crap...I dont think Brett would do that at all, or even think of doing it..
I know that sounds ridiculous, but I also didn't think Favre would ever leave the Packers. I believed him year after year after he said he wanted to stay in Green Bay. I believed him when he put on the humble act. I supported him to the death here in Pittsburgh, where I got hammered for it for years.

Nothing surprises me with him anymore. I still maintain he's going to at least try to play next season, so I actually don't think he's going to get his number retired anytime soon.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ummm first off I in no way was talking about our D in either years. What i was referring to about Rodgers getting booed was when Favre just left GB for the Jets and people at the time weren't used to having a new franchise QB. So in Aaron's first reason or so. He was getting some boo's. I forget if we played the Jets when Favre QB for them.

If what i said came off as something else. Then i'm sorry.

Never said you were saying that

There are Brett fans that will blast Rodgers for same situations they praise Brett for...

Just dont be that type of Brett fan

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I know that sounds ridiculous, but I also didn't think Favre would ever leave the Packers. I believed him year after year after he said he wanted to stay in Green Bay. I believed him when he put on the humble act. I supported him to the death here in Pittsburgh, where I got hammered for it for years.

Nothing surprises me with him anymore. I still maintain he's going to at least try to play next season, so I actually don't think he's going to get his number retired anytime soon.

That's what still has me bugged. He said he would never play for another team. He said if it came to that he would quit. He supposedly signed a lifetime contract with the Packers. So we put our emotional stock in him and he welched on the deal. Even when the Packers were doing poorly we could say, Brett will still be here. But he had a temper tantrum because he couldn't have his cake and eat it too. Then he left. I no longer care what he did for the team.

It wasn't so much that he left to go to another team as other players have done. It was his "build up the fans hopes then crush them" drama that has forever tarnished the good things he did in my eyes. It was about telling us he would always be a Packer, then doing everything under the sun to become what; A VIKING???? That was really, really, really low.

I don't believe for a minute he ever intended to go to the Jets and stay there. His destination was Minnesota and he saw the Jets as a legal "way-station" to get around the Packers' prohibitions. It was all about his unwillingness to submit to the leadership at Green Bay. It's the same reason he and Holmgren had such a rocky relationship.

If they put his name on the ring around Lambeau with guys like Starr, I'll never be able to look at that historic ring again with the same admiration.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never said you were saying that

There are Brett fans that will blast Rodgers for same situations they praise Brett for...

Just dont be that type of Brett fan

I'm not. I love both. I've been a Rodgers fan since he was drafted. I truly think that over time that Rodgers will not only bring in more SB titles to GB then Farve did , but I think he might also will break a record or two of Favre's too. That's just my feeling.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Turnover King left Green Bay because he thought he had a better chance of winning with the Yikes. That's what I would call a traitor. So I don't think Rogers or the Packers should feel any need to "reach out" to the SOB.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other irritating thing about this is: If the Packers and Rodgers had lost the Championship, would The Traitor be interested in "reaching out"? I think it's all about being in the spotlight, even the reflected spotlight from current stars. Kind of like Bradshaw telling Roethlisberger it is important that he has a "relationship" with him, since he was in position to win his 3rd Championship.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way Aaron Rodgers touches any of Brett Favre's statistical records.

You mean like his record in Championship games?
His record in NFC Championship games?
His MVPs in Championship games?
His QB rating in Championship games?
His interception record in the regular season?
His interception record in the Playoffs?

When it's all said and done, he won as many Championships as Dilfer.

But you're right about the longevity record, which I admit is quite remarkable. Probably Rodgers will have to break all of P. Manning's records that will break all of your guy's records in about 6 years.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way Aaron Rodgers touches any of Brett Favre's statistical records.
I really don't care if A-Rod beats any of Burnt Fart's records.

But he did more this year than Fart did in his last 11 years as a Packer put together. Get the Packers to their next Super Bowl and win it.
That is good enough for me and that's all I want.
If that is not good enough for anyone, then that person is a Burnt ball licker and not a Packers fan.
And if A-rod wins another SB, even better. Then he will prove that he is better than Fart, and all of Fart's stats won't amount to a hill of beans compared to that!

Right not over at the OBF they have in large letters "Most winningest QB."
So what? How many SBs did he win? Just one?
So how can he be the most winningest when he blew playoff after playoff game with INTs that helped the other team?
Yeah. Most winningest for the team he both played for and against. That makes sense.

Members online