One Packer says Favre wants to bury hatchet with Rodgers

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Now that Brett Favre is (probably) done playing football for good, he’d like to repair his image with the Green Bay fans who once loved him and now loathe him. And the way he wants to do that is to repair his relationship with his successor as Packers quarterback, Aaron Rodgers. One Packers player told…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett should publicly apologize to Ted, Aaron, the orginaztion and it's fans for the way he embarassed, humiliated and stabbed them in the back during the "Great Waffle of 2008" and by joining the Vikings in 2009. Then, and only then should we consider forging the bridge he burned.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And all this time I thought that ****** got flushed away.
I had no idea that it can be kept to be reused again for later use.

He has had all this time to reach out to Rodgers. So why now? What's the hidden agenda? To be sure he isn't booed during a number retirement ceremony at Lambeau?

I would’t blame Rodgers at all if he doesn’t want to talk to Burnt Fart since Burnt Fart never gave Rodgers the time of day when Rodgers was the apprentice.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we all know by now that Rodgers will say the right things at the right times, I would guess if pressed it would go something like this. " If Brett cares to give me a call, I would be honored to have a conversation with the quarterback who brought so much to the Packer organization."

You see A-Rod is very smart, he knows that you can't get in trouble for what you think, only for what you say, even if it is a lie...

(of course he might think Brent is an a**hole....).

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just might have been that they did talk and the press doesnt have wind of it?

After talking to someone about this very topic I am okay with Brett not calling Rodgers or taking out an ad saying congrats

It is the Packers time to celebrate, and face it...If it got leaked Brett tried to talk to Rodgers most people would ***** about him taking away the spot light..

In this case I would support Brett for not trying to create an issue

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let all the Favre stuff happen now (retired jersey, making amends and all that) so that Rodgers and Co. can use the rest of the next ten years winning Super Bowls and making names for themselves and becoming new legends.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre wants to fix the relationship he should call Bart Starr and ask him as a favor to help mediate/assist the situation. From there bridge the gap with Aaron. If he repairs his relationship with Rodgers everything else most likely will fall into place.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If Favre wants to fix the relationship he should call Bart Starr and ask him as a favor to help mediate/assist the situation. From there bridge the gap with Aaron. If he repairs his relationship with Rodgers everything else most likely will fall into place.

Here is an idea

They are both grown let them handle it them selves?

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good for Favre. It's nice to know that he finally wants to move on and man up to the mistakes he made. Then again , I never hated him for going to the Vikings. Was it wrong? Yes , but you know how many other beloved stars went from one team to their rivals? Alot and yet Farve seems to be the one being burned at the stake for doing it. Another thing , He not the only person to say one thing and do another multiple times. Yet again , he the only one to get **** for it. It's time everyone move on from this Favre drama.

I remember him by what he did for the Packers , Not what he did to the Packers. It's just time to move on and put the drama in the past.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is an idea

They are both grown let them handle it them selves?

you would be surprised how well things can go when you have someone that is respected by both parties in the middle. Countries around the world do this to resolve issues, so I dont know how you can knock it, but I guess you know best.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I know I made a quip, but honestly, this is PFT and an anonymous source. Not sure I take it as gospel, in any case. Who knows if it's even accurate?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
you would be surprised how well things can go when you have someone that is respected by both parties in the middle. Countries around the world do this to resolve issues, so I dont know how you can knock it, but I guess you know best.

no not at all..

No one really knows how they feel towards EACH other. I suspect that there is no real issues between the two

so why not just let them do it themselves? Dont need an in between person

A mediator might work but I would like to "think" since they are grown men they can do this themselves

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my Lord! Favre is gonna be haunting the hell out of us forever! I'm glad he wants to move on and make amends but I can imagine the Packers want to move on and away from Favre. He represents their past while Aaron is their present and future. Maybe it is time to let go of the past, at least publicly so we can put this to rest and just move on. I am very excited about the future of this team. When the Packers were winning the SB, Favre was the furthest thing from my mind. I don't want anything to take away from this team. They have worked hard to build a name and place for themselves. They are legends of their own making and the word Favre is just a fading memory receding into a past that one day may be remembered with a smile but for now, just needs to recede.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no not at all..

No one really knows how they feel towards EACH other. I suspect that there is no real issues between the two

so why not just let them do it themselves? Dont need an in between person

A mediator might work but I would like to "think" since they are grown men they can do this themselves

I cant speak for either but brett hasnt called according to all reports. when publicly asked if he has heard from favre rodgers says no. When asked if he expects to he says no but more of a firm way. If anyone has a clip of this please link it. I laughed the first time I saw the clip.

Calhoun Lambeau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been about 20 years since Brett Favre hasn't been the center of attention, now that he's not one of the popular kids he's trying to get back in. I would hope Aaron Rodgers doesn't pay him any attention. They played together, Rodgers learned from him, now it's his show and he's accomplished the ultimate goal. Why Aaron and Brett have to get along, call each other, and be friends is something I don't understand. I think Favre see's that getting on Rodgers good side is one of the keys to getting back on the fans/organizations good graces. What I've just written sounds like something 4th grade girls talk about, sadly we're talking about grown men....I would prefer if all of them moved on.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been about 20 years since Brett Favre hasn't been the center of attention, now that he's not one of the popular kids he's trying to get back in. I would hope Aaron Rodgers doesn't pay him any attention. They played together, Rodgers learned from him, now it's his show and he's accomplished the ultimate goal. Why Aaron and Brett have to get along, call each other, and be friends is something I don't understand. I think Favre see's that getting on Rodgers good side is one of the keys to getting back on the fans/organizations good graces. What I've just written sounds like something 4th grade girls talk about, sadly we're talking about grown men....I would prefer if all of them moved on.

Well said, Calhoun! Why prolong it? All this does is drag it out and create a field day for the media. This isn't the WWE!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good for Favre. It's nice to know that he finally wants to move on and man up to the mistakes he made. Then again , I never hated him for going to the Vikings. Was it wrong? Yes , but you know how many other beloved stars went from one team to their rivals? Alot and yet Farve seems to be the one being burned at the stake for doing it. Another thing , He not the only person to say one thing and do another multiple times. Yet again , he the only one to get **** for it. It's time everyone move on from this Favre drama.

I remember him by what he did for the Packers , Not what he did to the Packers. It's just time to move on and put the drama in the past.

I would have loved to remember him for what he did for the Packers!

But he **** on every Packers fan that ever cheered for him! All for his own glory! Not for the Packers, not for the Jets and not for the Vikings.

5 years from now if I have not heard him interject himself into the light. Then I will not say a word if the rest of the Packer fan base excepts him back.

Until then I intend to speak up!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Spoken like a true Favre fan. :no2:

Calhoun Lambeau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care that Favre joined the Vikings and Jets, totally irrelevent with me. Both franchises were desperate and that kind of desperation leads to nothing for the teams involved. The only thing I had a problem with was Favre putting the teams off-seasons in limbo for 5-6 season in a row. He always made it about himself. Him retiring and then trying to come back to camp was just icing on the ****-cupcake. The guy was just totally taken over by the intense fan-fare and love...he literally turned into a monster. Every January when Favre was in GB you just knew it was going to be 4-5 months of pure speculative hell....unnecessary of course.

Members online

Latest posts