Once again...The Vikings code of conduct cleaning house.

V

Vikeman

Guy lies on his resume....he's gone. I love it!

Vikings ready to dismiss Foley
Player personnel vice president's rocky tenure could end soon
Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
Last update: May 02, 2006 – 5:35 PM

The Vikings were attempting this afternoon to negotiate a contract settlement with personnel director Fran Foley in a move that would end Foley's rocky tenure with the team, according to three NFL sources with knowledge of the situation.

The circumstances leading to the decision were not immediately clear, and it was possible Foley could remain with the team if the sides are unable to settle the terms of a three-year contract he signed Jan. 21. Without question, however, the Vikings are seeking to part ways with Foley two days after he presided over the NFL draft and three months after he was hired to be part of owner Zygi Wilf's three-pronged leadership team, along with coach Brad Childress and vice president for football operations Rob Brzezinski.

Wilf did not return phone calls. Lester Bagley, vice president of public affairs and stadium development, declined comment on the situation when reached by phone Tuesday afternoon.

On April 21, Foley admitted that he had mischaracterized, on four occasions, his early work history on the résumé he submitted to the Vikings prior to his interview with team officials in January. Foley also exaggerated the extent of his college playing career at Framingham State College, asserting that he had played four seasons when in fact he had played only two.

Foley's logical replacement would be Scott Studwell, director of college scouting. Studwell was passed over for the job Foley eventually received, but is said to be content with his current job.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beat me to the punch, vikefan. Lied on his resume, treats people like **** and just conducted one of the worst drafts in the last 10 years.

7th round OL in the 2nd.

Two 3rds for Tavaris Jackson...rojected late or as a FA.

I am SO glad the Packers did not land Childress.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty funny....I know it's different ownership but maybe he thought this was encouraged in Minnesota. Isn't that where George O'Leary landed when Notre Dame got rid of him for lieing on his resume'?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Queens......you just CANNOT make this **** up!! You could pull together the best writers in hollywood, and they could not come up with the **** that the Queens spoon feed the league EVERY YEAR.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if they would have found, or even looked for, this error on his resume if they were happy with the job he was doing? Sounds to me like they went looking for an excuse to Sh*tcan the guy because he was stinking up the joint and didn't want to pay him severance.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The inaccuracies in his resume have been floating around for several weeks now and were common knowledge prior to the draft.

That said, if I am gonna hire the guy who will be part of the "Triangle of Authority" (kinda sounds like something three 8th graders would make up in a tree fort and seal with a drop of blood!!LOL), and he is gonna be a big part of determining the talent of the roster and prospects...you know..the future of the team...I am going to do my homework BEFORE I offer a contract.

But that is just me...a non-ViQueen.

V

Vikeman

digsthepack said:
The inaccuracies in his resume have been floating around for several weeks now and were common knowledge prior to the draft.

That said, if I am gonna hire the guy who will be part of the "Triangle of Authority" (kinda sounds like something three 8th graders would make up in a tree fort and seal with a drop of blood!!LOL), and he is gonna be a big part of determining the talent of the roster and prospects...you know..the future of the team...I am going to do my homework BEFORE I offer a contract.

But that is just me...a non-ViQueen.

you're so cool...yes everything with the Vikings is bad and everything with the Pack is 100% good

V

Vikeman

digsthepack said:
Beat me to the punch, vikefan. Lied on his resume, treats people like **** and just conducted one of the worst drafts in the last 10 years.

7th round OL in the 2nd.

I AM WE TODD ED (say it very slow)

You haven't a clue about what you are talking about

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh it is so disheartening seeing a picture of Chad Greenway being used by a Vikings fan. Greenway is the one former Hawkeye that I can't hope he does well. Ugh. At least we have Hodge, Kampman, and Cole.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhhh..Vikefan...Foley's resume mishap has been in the news for 2 weeks now...all over sports radio in Mpls. This was known before the draft.

Sorry.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
digsthepack said:

7th round OL in the 2nd.

I AM WE TODD ED (say it very slow)

You haven't a clue about what you are talking about

you can't argue they did a good draft lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts