On to 2021!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I took Pitts on three of my eight mocks. When I see him, I keep thinking about Kellen Winslow and Harold Carmichal. Here is my favorite with Pitts as our first pick.

31: R1 P31 TE Kyle Pitts - Florida

63: R2 P31 DL Christian Barmore - Alabama

94: R3 P30 LB Chazz Surratt - North Carolina

133: R4 P31 LB Nick Bolton - Missouri

139: R4 P37 CB Israel Mukuamu - South Carolina

172: R5 P31 EDGE Patrick Jones II - Pittsburgh

174: R5 P33 OT Adrian Ealy - Oklahoma

209: R6 P30 WR Kadarius Toney - Florida

218: R6 P39 OT Stone Forsythe - Florida

252: R7 P30 WR Marquez Stevenson - Houston

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I took Pitts on three of my eight mocks. When I see him, I keep thinking about Kellen Winslow and Harold Carmichal. Here is my favorite with Pitts as our first pick.

Fanspeak is ludacris if they think Pitts gets that low. I rarely bet, but if someone asked me to bet my truck or house on this I would 100% do it.

That isn't the most egregious thing though, the fact that Toney is there in the 6th is far worse. That kid is flying up the charts and is 2nd round WORST case...some are lobbing him into the back end of the 1st.

Bolton is another end of 1st - early 2nd level guy.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
In every one of my mocks I always come up at least 1 or 2 positions short. We need 12 picks this year!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Fanspeak is ludacris if they think Pitts gets that low. I rarely bet, but if someone asked me to bet my truck or house on this I would 100% do it.

That isn't the most egregious thing though, the fact that Toney is there in the 6th is far worse. That kid is flying up the charts and is 2nd round WORST case...some are lobbing him into the back end of the 1st.

What mock draft site do you use? I see such a wide variance of opinion I’m not sure what to believe anymore.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I primarily use Draft Network, however even it at times will have an illogical drop of a player every now and then. I've noticed never place the draft speed to fast, as that seems to just create garbage automated picks by the computer predictor.

I also however ignore illogical ranked players, Sermon the RB from Ohio State is a great example. For weeks I could get him in the 6th or 7th - I knew that was ludacris and asinine so never picked him. I even emailed TDN telling them they truly needed to revisit their opinions of Sermon.

I'll say that typically speaking as we near April most mock sites start to level out closer and closer to one another, but Draft Network has seemed to have better early predictions and mock selections.

*Greg Newsome II is a guy TDN is underselling. Most knowledgeable scouts and draft analyst recognize him as a Top 10 cornerback in the draft, yet TDN seems to just either have no clue or strongly disagree.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
So I primarily use Draft Network, however even it at times will have an illogical drop of a player every now and then. I've noticed never place the draft speed to fast, as that seems to just create garbage automated picks by the computer predictor.

I also however ignore illogical ranked players, Sermon the RB from Ohio State is a great example. For weeks I could get him in the 6th or 7th - I knew that was ludacris and asinine so never picked him. I even emailed TDN telling them they truly needed to revisit their opinions of Sermon.

I'll say that typically speaking as we near April most mock sites start to level out closer and closer to one another, but Draft Network has seemed to have better early predictions and mock selections.

*Greg Newsome II is a guy TDN is underselling. Most knowledgeable scouts and draft analyst recognize him as a Top 10 cornerback in the draft, yet TDN seems to just either have no clue or strongly disagree.
I hear ya. I saw earlier where Dylan Moses was going around 15-30. I’ve seen him play and hate what I’ve seen. I’m very leery of Alabama players. Think that many are very over rated.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dylan is a 2nd rounder for me. He is not a blue chip top flight LB, but he would play and has a high ceiling for sure.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s too early for the mock draft things to be very accurate. Going to be difficult with the amount of players that sat out as well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s too early for the mock draft things to be very accurate. Going to be difficult with the amount of players that sat out as well.

Yes and no.

Most of the guys that opted out were not your borderline type guys. Now I will say there are quite a few guys that clearly sitting out has bumped them down a tick, which is understandable to a degree.

Slater the tackle out of Northwestern comes to mind, most likely would have been a clear first rounder is not hovering around that 30-50 pick range.

Bateman, the WR from Minnesota had a chance to fight for top 3 in his position had he played, but now is sitting looking still quite good but again many have him slipping down to 25-55 range.

Pittsburgh had one of my favorite iDL opt out that I LOVE and still wouldn't hesitate. Jaylen Twyman is his name, keep an ear out if we write his name down be very happy.

I mean Penei Sewell is an opt out as well and IMO is the most surefire lock of a player in this draft over everyone. He will start at tackle for anyone that drafts him.

Now where I'm noticing it is more the smaller school guys or guys that the entire schools they were at shut down and they're left in limbo without the year to prove themselves.

I don't do this for a living at all and I've felt comfortable developing opinions this year just like any other year despite Covid related opt outs - majority of them already were a known commodity IMO.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pitts will be gone in the top-12, unless he literally breaks both his ankles while running the 40. The guy averaged 92 yards per game and 1.6 TDs per game. Phil Steele, pretty good college football historian, said there hasn't been a TE in recent memory with his receiving skill (and receiving skill is what matters most in tight ends).

Don't get me wrong, I would lose my mind if the Packers got Pitts, but unless they move into the top-10 I think it's improbable at best. I would, however, like the Packers to draft Kadarius Toney at 32 if he falls that far. I think dline or CB is going to be a much bigger need than receiver though.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers need CB and dline much more but I'd be ecstatic if Packers drafted Toney at 32; he'll be an elite slot receiver for a long time.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need CB and dline much more but I'd be ecstatic if Packers drafted Toney at 32; he'll be an elite slot receiver for a long time.

He has some serious growth needed to be a true threat out of non-manufactured touches. I don't think he has much in route tree, multiple breaks or his ability to diagnose. What he is ELITE at is quick twitch and playmaking once ball is in his hands. It's like a joystick is controlling him he is so good with it...his speed is near elite too.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has some serious growth needed to be a true threat out of non-manufactured touches. I don't think he has much in route tree, multiple breaks or his ability to diagnose. What he is ELITE at is quick twitch and playmaking once ball is in his hands. It's like a joystick is controlling him he is so good with it...his speed is near elite too.

Well, yeah, but what complete WR are you expecting to fall to 32? I'll take the athleticism and production quite happily.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, yeah, but what complete WR are you expecting to fall to 32? I'll take the athleticism and production quite happily.

Depends what you mean by complete. If well rounded and no glaring weaknesses Olave probably be there. His floor is quite high, I only question how high his ceiling is.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

People in the states use them interchangeably, but bison are native to North America and Europe, and I think buffalos are native to Africa (water Buffalo).

Well you completely ruined that one for me. In England you can`t wash your hands in a Buffalo, but you can in a bison(Basin). It was the best I had.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you completely ruined that one for me. In England you can`t wash your hands in a Buffalo, but you can in a bison(Basin). It was the best I had.

Oh gosh. I just figured I was helping the Brit out! Should’ve known better lol.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t know where he slots as far as a mock draft, although I can’t imagine he’d make it out of the early 2nd, but I would LOVE Jaycee Horn. He’s a baller.

Latest posts