Olympics

TennMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love them. My favorite event of the Summer Games? That's easy. Women's Beach Volleyball.

What's yours?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like wrestling. The real stuff not no WWE. I'm usually not able to catch it on

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael Phelps was crushed by Ryan Lochte today in the 400m..... Phelps didn't even medal, taking 4th place.
Phelps looked very tired.... perhaps too many doobies tired him out?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phelps only needs 3 medals of any color to be the most decorated U.S. Olympian. Not off to a good start but he'll get his 3. Ryan's the new guy in town.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
USA men's gymnastics was in first & finished 5th. Talk about mental mistakes. That sucks.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They looked terrible in the final. Countless mistakes on the Pommel-horse. They made so so so many mental mistakes.

On a brighter note, our swimmers did very well tonight! I love Missy Franklin.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I thought Phelps should have been on the anchor run of the USA 4 x 100 relay, pretty sure it would have been Gold. Understandable they gave it to Lochte though, thats sport for you.

OP
OP
TennMike

TennMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see McKayla Maroney nail the vault in the Team Finals? That should've been a perfect score. I've never seen anything like it: the height, the landing, legs straight. I would love for the judges to point out where the deduction occurred.

So proud of them. They kicked Russia's rear

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch for certain special athletes, not for the events. I used to love watching Shawn Johnson in gymnastics. Then Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps in Bejjing. It's like your watching history in the making.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see McKayla Maroney nail the vault in the Team Finals? That should've been a perfect score. I've never seen anything like it: the height, the landing, legs straight. I would love for the judges to point out where the deduction occurred.

So proud of them. They kicked Russia's rear
Cannot believe the judges didn't give her a perfect! Where I was watching, the whole room exploded when she stuck that landing.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I like the soccer matches. Today I watched Great Britain get ousted by South Korea in pks. I hope Brazil takes South Korea down a notch. I didn't like the South Korean goalie's antics.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I like the soccer matches. Today I watched Great Britain get ousted by South Korea in pks. I hope Brazil takes South Korea down a notch. I didn't like the South Korean goalie's antics.

Well they are called Great Britian, but just to let you know there was no Scots and Northern Irish in the team. Its was something like 15 English guys and two Welsh in the squad in effect Team England. Plus they had Stewart Pearce as coach..........good job South Korea.

Well done Andy Murray for winning the mens tennis Gold against the mighty Rodger Federer, well deserved.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OSHIE!!!
How great was that shootout Saturday morning!
I woke up at 6 am to watch it...... that Twitter world was blowing up, from all the guys I follow which are 90% NFL guys, writers, announcers, players, etc. Also tennis and golf.
Everyone was tweeting about OSHIE.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We play Canada Thursday I believe. If Russia & the U.S. Win the rest of our games we 'll meet in the gold medal round

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love them. My favorite event of the Summer Games? That's easy. Women's Beach Volleyball.

What's yours?

Well, visually yes, seeing KWJ and April R out there is appealing, no doubt.

But I'm closely following the indoor Women's volleyball right now for major reasons. They haven't quite come home with the gold yet. They've come close ... soooo close at Beijing and London with silver medals, only to drop the gold medal match to guess who .... ? Yup the team that's playing these rounds on their home court this Olympiad, Brazil.

US Women won their pool and now won the first quarterfinal game today and are awaiting the winner of Russia and Serbia for the semifinal match.

And the Netherlands won their quarterfinal game earlier today and play the winner of Brazil and China, playing each other tonight.

It's looking more and more though like Brazil and the USA are gonna meet for big epic showdown in Rio this Saturday though, what a historic match that'd be.

Members online

Latest posts