Old School or New School ("G-Force" or "Start Me Up")?

G-Force or Rolling Stones?

• G-Force

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Rolling Stones

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • A band from A-Rod's Suspended Sunrise record label

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A band from ___'s label (Al Harris, Nick Barnett, et al.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stevelknievel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which song do you prefer just before kickoff?

In 2007, Packers marketing whizs began this "G-Force" branding. The song and slogan is probably aimed at the younger generation, hence the Slayer-style shred-rock guitar part.

But does anyone miss the Stones' "Start Me Up"? Why not try both? G-Force at the beginning of each half, and Stones on the ensuing kickoff after a touchdown? I attended last years Vikes vs. Pack game at Lambeau and was a little turned off by this whole G-Force thing. But that's just me.

Anyway, what do you think? G-Force or Stones?

packerbackerforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the G-force flag and the concept of having the crowd be the force behind the players which gives the home team advantage, but the lyrics to the G-force song really, really suck.
Stick with the Stones or come up with something as catchy (and no, not the Pat McCurdy song). I love Pat, but his Packer song sucks too.

OP
OP
Stevelknievel

Stevelknievel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Annie: Not a bad idea. Do you have any lyrical suggestions? I'd be happy to pass them along to Packers PR (which I'm planning on doing anyway re: G-Force song). Man I'm a busy person. ha.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any of these 'team songs' just make me feel embarassed when i hear them. i mean if they could get some decent lyrics to them or some coherency great, but the g force roar is just UGH. im a student at the U of Minnesota and they got a new 'theme song' and its just mind numbingly stupid. go back to the stones.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the G-force flag and the concept of having the crowd be the force behind the players which gives the home team advantage, but the lyrics to the G-force song really, really suck.
Stick with the Stones or come up with something as catchy (and no, not the Pat McCurdy song). I love Pat, but his Packer song sucks too.

could'nt agree more...the concept is good, but the execution sucks the big one.

As mentioned in a previous post, the GForce thing has already been taken by Disney.

Attachments

• g-force-movie-poster.jpg
    g-force-movie-poster.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 124

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Neither of them...

What about this one...?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx86CxKYtg0]YouTube - Van Halen - Unchained (HD)[/ame]

The lyrics fit in a way..
"Change, nothin' stays the same
Unchained, and ya hit the ground runnin'
Change, ain't nothin' stays the same
Unchained, yeah ya hit the ground runnin'"

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or we could just kickoff to one of my old favs... hahaha

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGECJP3phyY]YouTube - Daft Punk - HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER (Alive 2007)[/ame]

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the beginning to AC/DC's "For those about to rock" and it would be fitting since they are getting to rock.
Das what I talking about right der.
I want our defense to inflict pain on each and every opponent that sets foot inside of Lambeau.
I don't want other teams offense looking forward to coming to lovely Lambeau. I want them terrified and want them leaving with ice bags over their heads, shoulders, chests, arms, etc. especially the Vikings, Cowboys, Bears, Giants, and 49ers.

Intimidating kick-*** music can't hurt that. Let's rock. Out with the old, in with the new.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring back the Lumberjack Band!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Or simply forget the music and play the GD game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts