Okay, sell me your College !

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`ve been watching College football recently and am looking for a team to follow. What is it about YOUR college team that would make me a fan ? I liked the Oregon, but I`m not feeling it anymore.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I don't know any college football teams..sure I can name some ..but I don't "know" any.:whistling:
Its hard enough for me to keep up with the Pack! lol ...does that help?:p

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just start watching some, read up on them, then just pick!

I favor Wisconsin ground and pound 554 yards of rushing today,(yes 554 yards rushing in one day) but that is just me.

Plus they have the most awesome stadium cheer

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Even opposing teams like to jump around

Or win lose or draw, the Badgers 5th quarter

Not to mention we are Wisconsin, and love our BEER!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Just start watching some, read up on them, then just pick!

I favor Wisconsin ground and pound 554 yards of rushing today,(yes 554 yards rushing in one day) but that is just me.

Plus they have the most awesome stadium cheer

Even opposing teams like to jump around

Or win lose or draw, the Badgers 5th quarter

Not to mention we are Wisconsin, and love our BEER!!!

You got me...:laugh: Especially when you said BEER !!

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team I love had the greatest natural athlete ever, and his playing for the team made me a fan, not to mention...It's great...to be...An Auburn Tiger...It's Great...To Be...An Auburn Tiger

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're a Packers fan, you gotta be a Badgers fan in Wisconsin. Or you weren't raised properly.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Badger games are best experienced at Camp Randall,the Jump Around is the coolest thing in College Football,even the opposing team joins in,plus the Fifth Quarter,that Stadium is literally rocking,I don't recall the year, 93? they went to the Rose Bowl and California people heard about the Wisconsin 5th quarter and were afraid the Wisconsin fans were going to wreck the stadium,lol

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not much I can sell you on ECU(East Carolina University). We get ranked for the first time in over 5 years beating Va Tech and annihilating UNC Tarheels. Then lose to Temple almost two weeks ago in the ugliest games I have ever seen them play. They have contributed to Packers though. Gave us George Koonce and CJ Wilson :)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Bill, my college isn't for sale. But if you want to send me some "earnest money", we can talk.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill, my college isn't for sale. But if you want to send me some "earnest money", we can talk.

Must not be a D1 school, as they seem to ***** themselves out for all the $ they can get while screaming about student athletes and integrity of the game when the labor asks if they can get a piece of the pie.

OP
OP
I

Must not be a D1 school, as they seem to ***** themselves out for all the $ they can get while screaming about student athletes and integrity of the game when the labor asks if they can get a piece of the pie.

Isn`t that a bit offensive ??

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I get your point but Bill asked for someone to 'sell him "our" college', so the transaction I proposed was between (the cheap b****** - ie Monopoly $) Bill and me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

I get your point but Bill asked for someone to 'sell him "our" college', so the transaction I proposed was between (the cheap b****** - ie Monopoly $) Bill and me. And it is a D1 school - actually I graduated from two of 'em!

Hey !! I`m not a cheap b******, its your OWN fault for not voting earlier, AND it was high denomination notes in Monopoly money. I`m insulted :mad:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get your point but Bill asked for someone to 'sell him "our" college', so the transaction I proposed was between (the cheap b****** - ie Monopoly $) Bill and me. And it is a D1 school - actually I graduated from two of 'em!

Which two if you dont mind me asking

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`ve been watching College football recently and am looking for a team to follow. What is it about YOUR college team that would make me a fan ? I liked the Oregon, but I`m not feeling it anymore.

Navy Midshipmen! Go Goats!

We have a great running game and we have cool uniforms.. :)

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thee Ohio State Buckeyes...we have the best band, highest winning percentage, and more championships/appearances than anyone else in the conference. Enough said.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thee Ohio State Buckeyes...we have the best band, highest winning percentage, and more championships/appearances than anyone else in the conference. Enough said.

I feel like having your pic of a wolverine is sacreligious for a buckeye

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alabama Crimson Tide. Their history and tradition are dang near unmatched. 15 National Championships. Bart Starr, Joe Namath and Ken Stabler played QB there.

ROLL TIDE!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buggy Bill, I'm going to sell you on my Minnesota Gophers. Sure you can jump on the Badger bandwagon, or go with Alabama/Oregon/Florida State but you're buying high and selling low with those groups.

My Gophers are sporting a near 60 year drought since their last national championship - they've won 7 times. They are a team trending up and you can climb on board for their ascent back into respectability. As an added bonus, we don't have a mascot that tries to act and look tough. He's always got a smile on his face and is out to have a good time. What more could you ask for? You don't want to be a bandwagon fan, do you Buggy Bill? Buck the trend, go Gophers.

Becoming a Gophers fan would be like becoming a Packers fan in 1959 or 1991. Your joining at just the right time.

OP
OP
I

Buggy Bill, I'm going to sell you on my Minnesota Gophers. Sure you can jump on the Badger bandwagon, or go with Alabama/Oregon/Florida State but you're buying high and selling low with those groups.

My Gophers are sporting a near 60 year drought since their last national championship - they've won 7 times. They are a team trending up and you can climb on board for their ascent back into respectability. As an added bonus, we don't have a mascot that tries to act and look tough. He's always got a smile on his face and is out to have a good time. What more could you ask for? You don't want to be a bandwagon fan, do you Buggy Bill? Buck the trend, go Gophers.

Becoming a Gophers fan would be like becoming a Packers fan in 1959 or 1991. Your joining at just the right time.

That is a compelling argument there EG. You should be in politics ;)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That is a compelling argument there EG. You should be in politics ;)
Don't go for it, Bill! May as well become a Cubs fan - that's the gophers without the "lovable losers" charm. And you'd have to fend off the gophers' association with the Vikings. You're welcome!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts