OK so you're the Packers coach

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And let's say you are about to go out and meet Harbaugh on the field right after the 49ers beat you again in the playoffs.
What would you say to him?
Now of course in real life, you would probably be classy since you do represent one of or the classiest teams in the NFL. You're not the Lions coach! And of course you wouldn't want any backlash from the media.
But this is pure fantasy and you can be as rude and crude as you want to if you wish.
Or you can keep it classy.
What would you say and do in fantasy, real life, one or the other or both?

Me:
Fantasy: I would let my actions speak.
I would be so mad at him and his team that I would head out to see him then turn my back on him and head for the locker room.

Real life: I would probably show good sportsmanship, shake his hand, just say, "Good game," and then walk away. No need to say or do more than that.

You?

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were the packers head coach, we wouldn't have made the playoffs :(. So I would probably hire someone else to do my job, so that the Packers are still any good (preferably Mike McCarthy, I think he would a nice fit for this job ;))

Maybe the Bears should hire me as coach though, 0-16 would be a nice record for them ;)

D

Dan115

If I were the packers head coach, we wouldn't have made the playoffs :(. So I would probably hire someone else to do my job, so that the Packers are still any good (preferably Mike McCarthy, I think he would a nice fit for this job ;))

Maybe the Bears should hire me as coach though, 0-16 would be a nice record for them ;)

Lions and vikes are looking for coaches.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, my fantasy and actual reactions would be the same. I've got nothing against Harbaugh except that he's beaten my team four straight times. That's a reflection on me, not him.

I probably also wouldn't know him personally, so none of the "crap" that people heap on Harbaugh's personality would creep into my dealings with him. I take people on what I see, not what others tell me.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, my fantasy and actual reactions would be the same. I've got nothing against Harbaugh except that he's beaten my team four straight times. That's a reflection on me, not him.

I probably also wouldn't know him personally, so none of the "crap" that people heap on Harbaugh's personality would creep into my dealings with him. I take people on what I see, not what others tell me.
Fair enough.
All responses are welcome.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I disagree. He's a complete ****headdd. So is Pete Carrol. These guys are classless scum. They are the worst examples of sportsmanship there is in coaching.

None the less, I would never stoop to their level. I would offer congrats and be done.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. He's a complete ****headdd. So is Pete Carrol. These guys are classless scum. They are the worst examples of sportsmanship there is in coaching.
What are your examples? Hyperbole seems to be your greatest asset in the posts I've seen so far.

I see two coaches that excite their players and drive them to win.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are your examples? Hyperbole seems to be your greatest asset so far.

I see two coaches that excite their players and drive them to win.

What? Ahhhh...ya...I'm the first to suggest Harbaugh is an idiot big guy! lmao

Do you watch and follow football? What he pulled with Schwartz was par for the course. Or...do you not even know what I'm talking about? In which case... you have no business commenting on any of this. What he pulled that day is exactly the way he's acted his coaching career. He's got no class.

As far as Pete Carroll... after the Packer "fail mary" he showed how much of a ****headdd he is also. Instead of just saying "We just play. We didn't make that call at the end the refs did. It was a great game". (or something like that) He feels compelled to go all in on the peecocking! COMPLETELY a BS move the way he handled that. You were given the game you classless POS and you know it. Worst call in the history of the game. To come out and act like they "earned" anything is pathetic but that's how he is if you follow him. Not as bad as Harbaugh but close.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched both of those games. If those are your two example for calling coaches classes and foul names... grow up.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be classy and tell him congrats and good luck, hope to see him next season.

We are the Packers, not the lions. Some of you need to remember that.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched both of those games. If those are your two example for calling coaches classes and foul names... grow up.

lol Whatever... you think I care what you think? That's funny because I've met few non-niners fans that didn't hate Harbaugh.

It's bad enough that this country is being over-run by idiots. Some of us appreciate players and coaches showing nothing but class. It's one of the reasons I like McCarthy. He carries the class I would expect of a Packer coach. Sounds like you don't understand that and your need to seek out internet arguments speaks volumes. You sound more like a bears fan actually. ...or a niners fan.

lol You quote the ""Keep Calm and Carry On". Guess what? That's what I'm talking about. If that was Harbaugh he would have been saying "The refs are ******** us and we'd be beating all these teams if we didn't have the injuries!"

Like I said, it's pretty obvious you don't follow the game much. I shouldn't have to explain why Harbaugh is a ****HEADDD. He is.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yep... that's what I said. Don't stoop to their level.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about we steer this in a more realistic direction? You're MM. What do you say to Dom Capers after the season, knowing that he's staying. For me, it's something like this:

"Dom, you and I go way back and you know I have the utmost respect for you and your career. I know we had a ton of injuries and most of the year you were given a **** hand to work with. We're going to address that. It can only get better next year. I'm giving you another year because things looked good for the most part for the first month until guys started dropping like flies, but I need some consistency from your unit.

I want you to sit down with Kevin, Scott, Mike, Darren and Joe and identify exactly where our strengths and weaknesses lie then I want a full analysis on my desk before the end of February so I can review it and pass it on to the boys in scouting. I want the report to include a write-up of your vision for the defense and what kind of players you want to fill your gaps and how you intend to maximize our strengths and compensate for our weaknesses since that's the purpose of your job.

Go ahead and give me a wish list of free agents you might want and I'll have a talk with Ted and see what we can do. I also want you to give me your top 3 guys you want us to re-sign by next month. Oh, and BJ better not be on that fooking list, or I might have to re-think your status on this team!"

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

My comment was made tongue in cheek, and I don`t appreciate your remark personally. Some need to get a sense of humor for pity sake.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
that we have nothing to talk about until next season

We can't talk about the draft?

If you want to start a thread on just about anything, the floor is yours.

That never ends well. Plus I'm pretty sure half this forum has me on ignore anyway

What's the point of your sig? :whistling:

It makes me laugh. So when something happens on our team that ****** me off I just look at my sig and it eases my pain.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What? Ahhhh...ya...I'm the first to suggest Harbaugh is an idiot big guy! lmao

Do you watch and follow football? What he pulled with Schwartz was par for the course. Or...do you not even know what I'm talking about? In which case... you have no business commenting on any of this. What he pulled that day is exactly the way he's acted his coaching career. He's got no class.

As far as Pete Carroll... after the Packer "fail mary" he showed how much of a ****headdd he is also. Instead of just saying "We just play. We didn't make that call at the end the refs did. It was a great game". (or something like that) He feels compelled to go all in on the peecocking! COMPLETELY a BS move the way he handled that. You were given the game you classless POS and you know it. Worst call in the history of the game. To come out and act like they "earned" anything is pathetic but that's how he is if you follow him. Not as bad as Harbaugh but close.

I thought Schwartz was the *** and Jim did nothing wrong

Members online

Latest posts