OK, I'm done..........

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
cheesey said:
I won't make another complaint about the officials the rest of the season. No matter HOW blatant their mistakes may be. I don't care if someone tears off Donald Driver's arm, and beats him with it, and the refs don't throw a flag. I will jump on anyone that even QUESTIONS the refs.
Maybe then i won't be labeled a "complainer".
I will blindly accept them as infalable (sp)
They are gods on the field.
NO more questioning them from me!!!
There.......I'm done now.

FINALLY! SHUT UP YOU DANG COMPLAINER! GOSH!! I couldn't be more sick of that Cheesey... okay, not really..

In a moderate defense of the officials, and I KNOW this is a much smaller scale, but when I referee collegiate soccer, even on D1 games (usually 5-8k fans there) you can't please everyone and you won't make every call. You use your experience, training etc and do the best job you can. Even we are assessed after each game and told what the assessor thinks we need to correct, so I can't imagine the follow up these guys experience, it's probably intensive.

One thing I learned from playing, is you can't let the officials take you out of a game. That's a poor excuse for losing or not playing your game. You have to feel out what they are going to allow/call and adjust accordingly. Each official or crew hates different things and is going to nail you for them, figure out what ticks them off and draws the whistle/flag and play your game.

Complaining about it to the official is also about the most pointless thing you can do as a coach/spectator. You want to see the next 2,3,4,10 50/50 calls go against you? Scream at an official for the entire game about what a poor job you think he is doing. :)

Ryan, try this one when you ref: I play a fair amount of basketball. One time I shot the ball and got my arm hit, but the ref didn't call a foul. I whined about the no call. The ref said to me that when I am able to make every shot that I take, he will make every correct call. Good point. I dont complain anymore.

yeah we have a few lines like that, that we wish we could drop on players. Some refs do use snappy comebacks like "well if you could finish or had a better first touch you wouldn't be begging for calls, you'd be winning" etc etc, I know exactly what you mean though.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok Cheesy. So, I'm watching the Bengals and the Steelers and the Bengals get a safety, sacking Big Ben in the end zone. But the safety gets called back because of defensive holding on the Bengals. It was a slight bump at 6 yards out, no big deal. I wouldn't have even called it.

The very next possession, the Bengals throw a pass into the end zone and it goes incomplete. The thing is, 8 yards deep, the Steelers defender hit the Bengals receiver a hell of a lot harder than the Bengals guy who got called on what would have been a safety. No flag. WTF!

But of course, no, referees never make a mistake, right?

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you expect, the median age for NFL ref's is like 70 years old. Get these blind old people off the field. Unbelievable!! Give them a mgmt. position or something if you want to keep them in but jesus, get them off the freaking field!!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
What do you expect, the median age for NFL ref's is like 70 years old. Get these blind old people off the field. Unbelievable!! Give them a mgmt. position or something if you want to keep them in but jesus, get them off the freaking field!!!!

:rotflmao:

Agreed.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok Cheesy. So, I'm watching the Bengals and the Steelers and the Bengals get a safety, sacking Big Ben in the end zone. But the safety gets called back because of defensive holding on the Bengals. It was a slight bump at 6 yards out, no big deal. I wouldn't have even called it.

The very next possession, the Bengals throw a pass into the end zone and it goes incomplete. The thing is, 8 yards deep, the Steelers defender hit the Bengals receiver a hell of a lot harder than the Bengals guy who got called on what would have been a safety. No flag. WTF!

As long as my team wins the refs are Gods! :)

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thats the problem Zombie.........i kept bringing up the refs consistantly making bad, or NO calls this season, and there were SO many people that pretty much told me to not talk about the refs anymore. So i decided to ignore the refs, these graduates of "John's school for the blind". NOW see what you made me do??? Make fun of the refs again!!! Now they (You know.... the famous "they") are gonna come after me again, and tell me to shut my pie hole about the refs!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

Thats the problem Zombie.........i kept bringing up the refs consistantly making bad, or NO calls this season, and there were SO many people that pretty much told me to not talk about the refs anymore. So i decided to ignore the refs, these graduates of "John's school for the blind". NOW see what you made me do??? Make fun of the refs again!!! Now they (You know.... the famous "they") are gonna come after me again, and tell me to shut my pie hole about the refs!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gosh I wish I could get away with as many mistakes at work that refs make in a game.

"Zombieslayer blew away the database and it will cost hundreds of thousands of lost business!"

"Shut your piehole! He never makes mistakes! Bring it up again and you're fired!"

That would be cool.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Zombieslayer said:

Gosh I wish I could get away with as many mistakes at work that refs make in a game.

"Zombieslayer blew away the database and it will cost hundreds of thousands of lost business!"

"Shut your piehole! He never makes mistakes! Bring it up again and you're fired!"

That would be cool.
LOL! Yes.....i know what you mean! :wink: :lol:

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have had some bad calls this year ...fact.

But as fans we should consider ourselves lucky. At least when a call is wrong it gets admitted by the NFL.

In the English Premier League (Soccer) Referees can not be criticized in any way whatsoever by a team coach. My team Everton were on the receiving end of 2 atrocious decisions in one match (against our arch rivals Liverpool of all team) when we had two blatant penalty appeals turned down. Our coach said so on an inteview and was duly fined by the F.A (Football Association (the quivalent of the NFL)) for bringing the game into disrepute. Referees in this country for soccer never have to explain their decisions and never have to admit they made a mistake.

That said the decisions against us on Sunday were diabolical....

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Referees in this country for soccer never have to explain their decisions and never have to admit they made a mistake.

That's the beauty of the Laws of the Game :) No where in there does it say that referees have to explain anything to anyone, give a signal other than direct/indirect or receive and dissent from anyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts