OH NO! Jolly Arrested on Drug Charges.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKERS’ JOLLY FACES FELONY DRUG CHARGES
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 12, 2008, 10:39 p.m.
Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly was arrested this week in Houston on felony drug possession charges, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

Jolly, who is from Houston and played at Texas A&M, was arrested July 8 for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine, the paper reports. He posted bail of $10,000.

Jolly started seven games for the Packers last season. He is recovering from a shoulder injury and has been very limited during off-season workouts.

Neither the Packers nor Jolly has made any public comment about the arrest.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not packer people-like.

I wonder if he got addicted after his shoulder surgery.

de_real_deal said:
Another TT gem.

Did you really just go there? Can you name "Another" player he drafted here arrested for drug charges?

jaybirdknows

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D ummmm...ya. 200 grams would be a lot! And i'm not a drug user either, not that there's anything wrong with that! :pop:

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best case Jolly is gone.

Worst case Jolly is gone and lands in prison for five years.

You have to assume Jolly is done right now. Don't you?

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was charged with felony possession but apparently not yet anything like intent to deliver.

So if it is his first offense and it stays as just a possession charge, that improves his chances.

tromadz said:

If I had to guess, I'd say this was for a party with his friends back home in Texas. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank

Reaction score
To quote Hellboy: "Oh Crap."

Either Jolly is a fool for getting himself into such a mess, or he's a genius and got himself arrested to take the attention (even if slightly) away from the Favre/Packer saga.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
He was charged with felony possession but apparently not yet anything like intent to deliver.

So if it is his first offense and it stays as just a possession charge, that improves his chances.

tromadz said:

If I had to guess, I'd say this was for a party with his friends back home in Texas. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank

That's some good info right there.

Reaction score
You have to assume Jolly is done right now. Don't you?

What if this incident is similar to the situation with Matt Jones, where Jones was busted for having drugs in his car even though (he claims at least) that the drugs weren't his.

But Ted gave a chance to K-Rob even after his second arrest, so I wouldn't assume that Jolly is automatically a goner.

I'm more worried about how severly Commissioner Goodell will discipline Jolly if Jolly manages to get himself out of this mess with a slap on the wrist (so to speak). Harrell and Pickett can't rush the passer, Jolly was supposed to be the guy who'd play a big part (pun not intended) of filling the void left by Williams.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I'm more worried about how severly Commissioner Goodell will discipline Jolly if Jolly manages to get himself out of this mess with a slap on the wrist (so to speak).

That was what I meant. Goodell has made it blatantly obvious he is a zero tolerance type of guy.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first offense, right? I hope Jolly has to go to jail for a month, so he gets scared straight and grows up. i also hope he can play next season. i also hope he grows up. did i mention that i hope he grows up?

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing we drafted Harrell, bad thing is he can't stay healthy. Goodbye Jolly, way to blow it. What an idiot.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
as i recall, Harrell was healthier than Jolly. right? maybe not. i'm tired. but i think that's right.

Jolly did get hurt last year, but now we have no Corey Williams and Harrell will play a larger role......that is if he doesn't get hurt.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh god like we really could of used this news ... now

It's getting ugly fast. I would hope Ted releases Jolly as soon as possible. He has to at this point I would say

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts