OH MY GOD

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i cant believe it,the packers are just AMAZING MATT FLYNN OVER AARON RODGERS LEADS TO AN INTERCEPTION IN THE 4TH QUARTER WITH 2:20 TO GO i cant believe it :devil:

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries are killing us...no pass rush, and the worst of all: NO RUNNING GAME! We don't have a balanced attack on either side of the ball. Grant can't get it going, and we're forced to become a one dimensional offense. If it weren't for Woodson, we'd be even worse on D. Need to get a front four on BOTH sides of the ball to not only to develop a pass rush, but to keep Aaron from getting drilled AND to open up holes in the D to allow our RB's to gain yards.

We all knew this season was gonna be a learning curve. I don't so much blame Aaron as I do the lines for not doing THEIR job. On top of that...injuries to Bigby, Harris, and a couple others have hurt our team immensely.

Just have to trudge through....we played a good Defense today in Tampa...but it's still no excuse...we SHOULD have won!

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the hell cares what Favre does? Why is it so damn important? Let it go, will you?!! he played a crap team. After all...I watched him play like crap in SD last week...so, it's not like he's been all that great himself.

Let the hate go....get on with life. Aaron is our guy...give the man some love, and let Favre go.

God I'm sick of hearing about him...

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
First warning...the anti -packer smack go's to the smack area. Starr and Texas cool it.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...it's a tough schedule we've got. Dallas is the class of the NFC right now...and Tampa has a tough D. Injuries and no running game didn't help...but I know they can be corrected. Just have to keep chipping away at it. I'm not giving up on this team yet. We'll bounce back.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
your fine 4...the jets talk belongs in the NFL area...the smack in the smack. That's all where asking..don't clutter the Packer thread with off topic stuff.
Hey guys I know your all po'ed right now..so am I but cool off some before posting.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well...all I know...we got work to do...and it better get done if this team has any aspirations of the playoffs.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wizard 87 said:
your fine 4...the jets talk belongs in the NFL area...the smack in the smack. That's all where asking..don't clutter the Packer thread with off topic stuff.
Hey guys I know your all po'ed right now..so am I but cool off some before posting.

There wasnt even any "anti packer" talk. This is like **** Germany. Are you serious ??? And as far as "cluttering it up", look at the forum dude. There aint much. There is just about one moderator for every poster.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
[quote="wizard 87":1wk3r5tt]your fine 4...the jets talk belongs in the NFL area...the smack in the smack. That's all where asking..don't clutter the Packer thread with off topic stuff.

There wasnt even any "anti packer" talk. This is like **** Germany. Are you serious ??? And as far as "cluttering it up", look at the forum dude. There aint much. There is just about one moderator for every poster.[/quote:1wk3r5tt]

Look, if you have a problem with it, you are free to PM another mod and discuss it. Any Favre talk now belongs in the NFL forum and NOT in the Packer Fan Forum. Chill with the calling mods out on how the board is run, or vacations will be in order. I don't remember seeing him ask for your opinion.

When in doubt, refer to rule # 1 of these forums. You agreed to them when you signed up.

1.)Moderation of Messages
Admins or Moderators can/will delete/move any content on this site for any reason at any time, no questions asked, with or without notification to the member(s).

Have a nice day.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to disagree, the Favre issue is relevant because he COULD have been our QB this year. However, even considering that, comparing the bucs defense to Arizona's defense is an unfair comparison. The Bucs defense is pretty good this year. The Cardinals got smacked by the Jets who got smacked by the Chargers the week after they lost to denver. So while I understand why Favre's success came up in this thread, it really is not a fair comparison.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter who is QB under center, if your O-line isn't blocking for you there isn't much you can do. Case in point, look what the redskins did to Dallas yesterday. They managed to protect Jason Campbell after a few miscues early, put up 17 points int he second quarter, and held on to beat dallas by two points. Now, If Green bay had the kind of offensive line protection that the redskins had on Sunday, I think they could have beat the cowboys too.

The same thing happened in the Alabama vs Georgia game on Saturday. Bama owned Georgie in the trenches and it set the tone for the game. The Offensive Line coaches need to get some meanness instilled into this line, or I fear it won't matter who we have under center.

So while I applaud Favre for his accomplishment, you really are comparing apples and oranges here when trying to compare Rodgers vs the Bucs D, and Favre vs the Cardinals D.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
Case in point, look what the redskins did to Dallas yesterday.

I know. Look what a rookie coach did to DAL, in Texas, with the QB selected with the 25th pick in Round One of the '05 draft. GB has a LONG way to go.

Veretax said:
So while I applaud Favre for his accomplishment, you really are comparing apples and oranges here when trying to compare Rodgers vs the Bucs D, and Favre vs the Cardinals D.

Before everyone gets in tizzy over this like the GBPG forum has, (the sky has fallen & it's utter mayhem according to those posters), the NAME had a pretty good game in '05 against NOS on his way to a 29 INT, 4-12 season. I'm guessing NYJ is going to wish they could have spread a few of those 56 points over a couple of games.

I disagree with your assessment of the ARZ defense. They clobbered SF & MIA just a few weeks ago & stood toe to toe last week with the same WAS team that just beat DAL. I'm not saying they're elite on defense but they did just spend two consecutive weeks on the east coast, an apparent effort to prevent jet lag from having an effect. How ironic the Jet Drag was the eventual culprit.

It's hard to believe that a little more than 8 days ago the Fox NFL Sunday crew was debating whether or not the winner of the DAL/GB game that night would be anointed the best team in the league.:lol:

It appears to be a wide open affair this season. I like the Titans; stifling defense & ball control offense. Boring but effective. Even BUF is making the league take notice. A balance of power shift to the NFC? Not quite.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan4 said:
Injuries are killing us...no pass rush, and the worst of all: NO RUNNING GAME! We don't have a balanced attack on either side of the ball. Grant can't get it going, and we're forced to become a one dimensional offense. If it weren't for Woodson, we'd be even worse on D. Need to get a front four on BOTH sides of the ball to not only to develop a pass rush, but to keep Aaron from getting drilled AND to open up holes in the D to allow our RB's to gain yards.

We all knew this season was gonna be a learning curve. I don't so much blame Aaron as I do the lines for not doing THEIR job. On top of that...injuries to Bigby, Harris, and a couple others have hurt our team immensely.

Just have to trudge through....we played a good Defense today in Tampa...but it's still no excuse...we SHOULD have won!

Learnig curve? Why does everyone wnat to give this team a pass this year? They went 13-3 last year folks. Don't give #12 a free ride either. After their last two games all I heard was "its th o-line and not rodgers". Well this is the same line that we had last year and but there was a guy with a quicker release back there. Sure the line looks like crap I'll agree, but it seem that Rodgers is not making the reads quick enough either.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
Veretax said:
Case in point, look what the redskins did to Dallas yesterday.

I know. Look what a rookie coach did to DAL, in Texas, with the QB selected with the 25th pick in Round One of the '05 draft. GB has a LONG way to go.

Veretax said:

Before everyone gets in tizzy over this like the GBPG forum has, (the sky has fallen & it's utter mayhem according to those posters), the NAME had a pretty good game in '05 against NOS on his way to a 29 INT, 4-12 season. I'm guessing NYJ is going to wish they could have spread a few of those 56 points over a couple of games.

I disagree with your assessment of the ARZ defense. They clobbered SF & MIA just a few weeks ago & stood toe to toe last week with the same WAS team that just beat DAL. I'm not saying they're elite on defense but they did just spend two consecutive weeks on the east coast, an apparent effort to prevent jet lag from having an effect. How ironic the Jet Drag was the eventual culprit.

It's hard to believe that a little more than 8 days ago the Fox NFL Sunday crew was debating whether or not the winner of the DAL/GB game that night would be anointed the best team in the league.:lol:

It appears to be a wide open affair this season. I like the Titans; stifling defense & ball control offense. Boring but effective. Even BUF is making the league take notice. A balance of power shift to the NFC? Not quite.

Right, any team in theory can win on any given day, that's the way the NFL is basically held together. Still Judging from what the Jets did this week versus their prior three weeks of Offensive output.... That washington beat Dallas (barely by 2 points), I still think that Zona's defense is overrated. Warner is good, their offense can put up a lot of yards and points, and in fact did on the Jets. Funny that a QB who had 450 some yards passing, in a game could come up on the losing end of the stick.

I think you understand my point though, the Bucs D and Zona D are not exactly the same defense, and you can't really make an argument that because favre did that, that Rodgers would be able to do the same. That being said, rodgers even after the last two losses is still ranked at only 11th in QB Efficiency in the league. Not bad for a guy who now has only 4 starts under his belt. In other words there is some light to be found here.

b_mckendry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is our guy, don't blame our poor performance on Sunday because on Matt Flynn. Everyone on the Green Bay Packers did not play well against the Bucs. It was overall a poor team performance. Once everyone starts doing what they are suppose to do the team will get back on track. You can't blame one position in particular for performing poorly.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hence what I've been saying. Its the O-Line that needs fixing. Are any of our rookie OL even seeing the field?

Members online

Latest posts