1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Offseason...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by refpacker, Feb 8, 2007.

1. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So what is there to look forward to this offseason...I mean other than signings....What to do you all do???

Any hard core hunters or fishers??? What can u catch in green bay??? Dont really know any species up there....

2. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In regard to fishing, there are 3 species of fish you may not be aware of that are the most desired by many a freshwater fishermen...

Walleye, Northern Pike, and the king of all freshwater fish, the MUSKIE.

Sometime, you ought to take a trip to a Packer game up here and indulge in the casting for these regents of the waterway.

3. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So green bay is abundant in them???

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Large mouth and small mouth bass are also very popular as are panfish ( bluegills , crappies)

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    The surrounding area of Green Bay is full of lakes that have excellent fishing..

6. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Really I didnt know small mouth and largemouth could live in that cold of water....If yall have largemouth im definately there.....

Yeah next year I plan to go to one game in green bay, Of course the game in dallas, and one or more playoff games.......

7. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be heavily enthralled in MLB during football's offseason. Spring training is only a week away! Go Yankees!

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Heck yeah! We have bass up here, but they don't grow as big as down south. Their growing season is shorter because of the cold weather.
    I think the largest smallmouth bass i have caught was around 4 pounds. That was out of the Menominee river, about an hour and a half north of Green Bay. The biggest largemouth i have caught up here was 18 inches long, but didn't weigh alot.

9. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Our favorite off-season pastime out here is called "Steam-Hole Stompin' ". You get an unsuspecting out-of stater or Viking Fan, whichever is handy at the time, and tell them you're going to teach them the fine art of Steam-Hole Stompin. You lead them through the deep snow, good cardio-vascular exercise, until you find a mound of snow that has a small melted spot near the top, and warm air or steam is emitting from it. Then you preceed to tell them that if they get up on top of that mound and stomp real hard on the steam hole, the force of the stompin pressure will blow several other holes around it and it's kinda like being in a steam bath.

As you slowly back away the Viking fan does as instructed, and as the mound explodes with fierce growling and all hell breaking loose, the guy realizes he's been had. You calmly explain from 25 feet up a Ponderosa Pine, "Jeez, I'da sworn that one was empty. Just talk nice to that Grizzly and he'll calm down.........I hope." :rotflmao: