Official week 8 vs Bills Mafia thread...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glass or fine china. Very breakable. He can't take or give a hit in the NFL. He's had more injuries than catches.
Nobody has mentioned it but it looked to me like Watson was knocked unconscious on that play.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned it but it looked to me like Watson was knocked unconscious on that play.
Really?!? I didn't notice but then I wasn't looking that closely. He did take a hard helmet to helmet hit around his forehead or temple. It wasn't flagged an intentional. Watson appeared to do nothing to avoid it, if he could have avoided it. He'll learn to be careful of who is around him when he makes a catch, and when it is sometimes smarter just to hit the turf. There were a lot of defenders around him if I remember correctly.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?!? I didn't notice but then I wasn't looking that closely. He did take a hard helmet to helmet hit around his forehead or temple. It wasn't flagged an intentional. Watson appeared to do nothing to avoid it, if he could have avoided it. He'll learn to be careful of who is around him when he makes a catch, and when it is sometimes smarter just to hit the turf. There were a lot of defenders around him if I remember correctly.
Looked like Watson did his best to get down & avoid the hit but his head got jammed back towards his shoulders. Possibly as much "a stinger" as concussion? Either way, hard hit that knocked him out and IMHO not Watson's fault. OUCH!! Just watched the ending of this vid & saw how his head rolled underneath his body... he may have been knocked unconscious and then added a neck injury with that roll. :(
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I take it you just don't like Watson?

That young man did nothing wrong on that play - he was going down, tucked over the ball and braced for impact while falling forward for yards.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would think Defenses playing opponents with good running QB's are more prone to play tighter to the running game?
That doesn't sound like Lamar opens up big holes, it sounds like you just want to argue about nothing :sneaky:

Here's what Ravens running back Kenyan Drake thinks about it:

"It creates a crazy dimension of how a defense can spread out. Especially when we run sideways and he does his own power plays sometimes when he kind of pulls it and gives it. It makes it look like he still has the ball and takes two to three guys with him because they have to respect his ability even without the ball. So, with him just being that much of a playmaker it creates these crazy running lanes for us to just do our job. We kind of continue to do that week in and week out and it makes it easy for us."

Members online

Latest posts