Official week 8 vs Bills Mafia thread...

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense is going to have to play lights out. The offense needs a spark and the o-line needs to play their best game of the season. I wonder if Bak was stubbornly held out to keep him healthy for this matchup.

Reaction score
First of all the threat of Lamar running the ball himself opens up holes for the Ravens' running backs.

I would think Defenses playing opponents with good running QB's are more prone to play tighter to the running game? You know it doesn't matter what I think, let's just get to the meat and fact check this continual rebuttal that the Ravens RB are better than GB or are highly successful because of Lamar

Taking out QB rushing yards thus far in 2022 (your assertion)

Ravens RB's are 478 yards on 113 carries for 4.23 per

Packers RB's
are 763 yards on 159 carries for 4.80 per

(*I've included a trivial # of WR or TE rushes for ease of math)

That doesn't sound like Lamar opens up big holes, it sounds like you just want to argue about nothing :sneaky:

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harbaugh bit off more than he could chew. Recall that he went for 2 against us and failed.

The defense is going to have to play lights out. The offense needs a spark and the o-line needs to play their best game of the season. I wonder if Bak was stubbornly held out to keep him healthy for this matchup.
I do not think you will see Bahk start regularly in the final 10 games. He will be week to week or may even get shut down at some point. Not likely will he ever be 100 % again.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Q will be called on to do some shadowing of Josh Allen. Shadow first and then blitz if you can. And if Jaire could somehow keep up with Stephon Diggs it would help.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if Q will be called on to do some shadowing of Josh Allen. Shadow first and then blitz if you can. And if Jaire could somehow keep up with Stephon Diggs it would help.
I was thinking that very same thing. I said that same thing before we played Justin Fields and sure enough, Q followed him like a Puppy jumping on Momma dog

D

Deleted member 6794

I wonder if Bak was stubbornly held out to keep him healthy for this matchup.

I highly doubt there's any truth to that.

I would think Defenses playing opponents with good running QB's are more prone to play tighter to the running game? You know it doesn't matter what I think, let's just get to the meat and fact check this continual rebuttal that the Ravens RB are better than GB or are highly successful because of Lamar

Taking out QB rushing yards thus far in 2022 (your assertion)

Ravens RB's are 478 yards on 113 carries for 4.23 per

Packers RB's
are 763 yards on 159 carries for 4.80 per

(*I've included a trivial # of WR or TE rushes for ease of math)

That doesn't sound like Lamar opens up big holes, it sounds like you just want to argue about nothing :sneaky:

I'm really intrigued about where you pull these stats from or do you just make them up in your mind to try to prove a point and rely on nobody double checking them?

Here are the actual numbers for running backs for both teams this season:

Ravens: 702 yards on 147 attempts, 4.78 yards per attempt
Packers:
733 yards on 155 attempts, 4.73 yards per attempt

While those numbers are pretty close I truly believe that Jones and Dillon are significantly better backs than a combination of Kenyan Drake, J.K. Dobbins, Justice Hill, Gus Edwards and Mike Davis.

Therefore I stand by my statement that Lamar opens up holes for the Ravens' RBs.

Last edited by a moderator:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are in for another *** whooping. I`m happy to be proved wrong but I don`t think I am. Prepare the humble pie for me if I`m wrong.
Please antidote the voodoo England put into this team. What was once a shining example of success has turned into nothing but a shrunken head. My prediction is that the offense improves and scores 20 points. 41-20 Buggar Bills due to the paper champion D taking the night off.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on some plays he will, but that will be a long day for us I think. That takes a defender off the field practically and opens up more holes in the secondary. The way I see the Bills receivers catch contested balls, i'm not confident in our guys going 1 on 1 all day and making plays.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on some plays he will, but that will be a long day for us I think. That takes a defender off the field practically and opens up more holes in the secondary. The way I see the Bills receivers catch contested balls, i'm not confident in our guys going 1 on 1 all day and making plays.
Not going to be easy. Diggs is by far their big receiver and Allen is there leading rusher right now. I hope that when it is open, if Q is trailing Allen; that Q rushes into the backfield. He has to know that Allen has only one way to go. But Allen sometimes just calls his own number on a rush and shadowing should help there.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Von Miller is still one scary pass rusher. He seems to turn on the speed whenever it is an important play. He rushes from both sides but it seems to me he is more spectacular from the Buffalo left side. Interesting to see if we keep the same line or if we flip the tackles. Whatever, we probably need to do more than just a little chip on him. Force him to the inside on passing plays imho. Spend a little more time forcing him inside and the chipper could be open in the flat.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
This is a game between a legitimate SB contender in the Bills and a team with an underperforming defense, a sub-par offense that has no receiving threats, and a coaching staff that has failed to make adjustments. Not a recipe for success. I think the Bills win big but they still have to play the game and it wouldn't be the first time I am proven wrong.

Even if the Packers do pull it out there I think they are still an underdog against the Cowboys, Eagles, Titans, Dolphins, and the Vikings. Rams and Bears are a toss up IMO. The Lions are still who they are but typically play the Packers tough so even that is not a sure thing.

Reaction score
It appears you're using stats to argue that stats don't tell the real story.
If I said real? I meant “full”. I simply suggested that stats should be dissected. One really regular example I see even sports pros use without evaluating closer is:
points per game scored
Points per game allowed.

Our D has been credited with a Offense INT for TD. Also a Punt Return blocked for 7 points.
We are a top 10 Scoring Defense without those bogus points that get injected into “points allowed”. It’s obviously not the D fault that happened is all I was offering.

Hopefully we can get one off Buffalo. We could really use a big Defensive play, such as a TD. Our Defense might have to come up with a big play in scoring range or just plain score themselves to win this game.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I said real? I meant “full”. I simply suggested that stats should be dissected. One really regular example I see even sports pros use without evaluating closer is:
points per game scored
Points per game allowed.

Our D has been credited with a Offense INT for TD. Also a Punt Return blocked for 7 points.
We are a top 10 Scoring Defense without those bogus points that get injected into “points allowed”. It’s obviously not the D fault that happened is all I was offering.

Hopefully we can get one off Buffalo. We could really use a big Defensive play, such as a TD. Our Defense might have to come up with a big play in scoring range or just plain score themselves to win this game.
We live in a time in which the " experts " concoct so many oversaturated statistics. They may be what they are but they spend way to much time trying explain the relevance. I do not need to know the recipe for a wedding cake. I just need to enjoy the taste. Lombardi had a system to grade each player on every play. That is how he held people accountable. He did not simply count big plays. I always hate it when someone says they are a better or worse team than their record indicates. Teams do not gain a title by being better or worse than their record. They perform by winning or losing.

diezman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I promised my wife that tonight I wouldn't complain during the game.

I'm watching with low expectations.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We live in a time in which the " experts " concoct so many oversaturated statistics. They may be what they are but they spend way to much time trying explain the relevance. I do not need to know the recipe for a wedding cake. I just need to enjoy the taste. Lombardi had a system to grade each player on every play. That is how he held people accountable. He did not simply count big plays. I always hate it when someone says they are a better or worse team than their record indicates. Teams do not gain a title by being better or worse than their record. They perform by winning or losing.

But, uh, they can improve their performance by using advanced stats to A) focus on the things they do well at B) try to fix areas they perform poorly at and C) find better players (and hold them accountable). Just think of advanced stats as a more accurate measuring cup that the baker can use to make the wedding cake. By itself the measuring cup isn't going to make a great cake, but I'm sure having good measuring cups allows the baker to make a better cake.

Reaction score
I’ve often said that.
The most important Stat is Wins and Losses.

There’s some other good indicators to judge your true strength. One I used to use successfully (once it came postseason time) is Strength of Opponents or Schedule to anticipate the direction of similarly ranked teams about to play each other.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts