Official week 8 vs Bills Mafia thread...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Poppa San don't be offended if I start this thread...I'm sure you were about to.

Here we are backs against the wall and to be honest no one expects us to win, and that concensus is a valid one.

I'm mixed on this...I want to see the big upset momentum swing this game could be, but I also even found it hard to type that as I just don't see it.

I know many want to see us go get a WR via trade....but truthfully and honestly how much spending should a 3-5 team truly do? Should they be sellers instead....probably not, especially if Rodgers internally has made it known he intends to be here next season. Which I have a feeling that conversation HAD to have happened no? Gute for sure isn't going to spend serious draft capital making a weapon move if he does WITHOUT knowing Rodgers is here because it very well could be a play pointless for this year but everything for next year???

This game and the next 6/7 days worry me incredibly....a lot of clarity in direction is going to occur in them...

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one will be our toughest of the year. I think it will either be much closer than anyone could have imagined or we are going to lose by around 50. I hope we can at least step up our game enough to compete to give us a little spark.

Crazy as it sounds, there are only 6 teams in the NFC with a record better than ours, so even if we lose, we will still be in the hunt for a wildcard. How’s that for some optimism?

Reaction score
To me this season and the upcoming game with the Bills, I would like to address the coaches, general managers, and (A.Rodgers who claims to be directly in contact with the front office),

YOU ALL MADE YOUR CHOICES TO PUT THIS PRESENT TEAM IN PLACE FOR THIS SEASON, NOW LIVE WITH IT.

To hell with getting any WR receivers from the outside now, you all thought our present ones were good enough,
Now let's kick@ss and THEN take names from Mark Murphy down to the janitor.

Reaction score
Gute for sure isn't going to spend serious draft capital making a weapon move if he does WITHOUT knowing Rodgers is here because it very well could be a play pointless for this year but everything for next year?
It’s still unlikely we add anyone. However, my response would be threefold

1. One good argument would be that our GM investing in a Substantial veteran WR would only increase the probability Rodgers stays next season.

2. Another argument is that a substantial WR would absolutely help now. Even if GB starts 3-5, under Rodgers If we get back to 6-6 area with 5 winnable games we are very much alive and are not finished.
Other than Maybe Buffalo and the Eagles? nobody scares me. Even Dallas at GB could be a close game IF we go in with Claypool (or equivalent) Watkins, Doubs, Watson and one of Cobb/Lazard.

3. If we get a WR on a Rookie contract he could very well be under contract through 2023 (next season) so that answers a sizable dilemma for next years roster.

Having another viable Receiving threat injected and cleaning up some minor deficiencies in penalties, drops, missed opportunities, missed tackles, missed turnovers etc..
I’m just saying that we clearly beat ourselves in 2 of our 4 losses. We could’ve easily been a 4-3 team WITHOUT Claypool had we executed better.

Personally I don’t know that there’s a better option than getting a known quantity at WR with a mid 2nd round selection. That’s really not a steep price at all as we could have Jason Spriggs or Josh Jackson or Josh Jones or some other Josh ;)

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Poppa San don't be offended if I start this thread...I'm sure you were about to.

Here we are backs against the wall and to be honest no one expects us to win, and that concensus is a valid one.

I'm mixed on this...I want to see the big upset momentum swing this game could be, but I also even found it hard to type that as I just don't see it.

I know many want to see us go get a WR via trade....but truthfully and honestly how much spending should a 3-5 team truly do? Should they be sellers instead....probably not, especially if Rodgers internally has made it known he intends to be here next season. Which I have a feeling that conversation HAD to have happened no? Gute for sure isn't going to spend serious draft capital making a weapon move if he does WITHOUT knowing Rodgers is here because it very well could be a play pointless for this year but everything for next year???

This game and the next 6/7 days worry me incredibly....a lot of clarity in direction is going to occur in them...
When was the last time the Packers were 10+ point underdogs? Would have thought it had to be a Brett Hundley game.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If things get worst, anyone feel we should start Love?
Doesn't matter. I think we along with the front office know what we have in Love. 3 years in and Rodgers nursing a sore thumb and he's not getting snaps, especially in the Jets game.

Gute has not impressed me at all in the draft. I would not trust his judgement in a trade. I mean, how many years have we gone without a TE receiving weapon?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see the team go out this week against the Bills and just have fun. Forget the first 7 weeks. Forget all the issues. Just have fun and let it all hang out. Play the game you love and let the chips fall where they may.

D

Deleted member 6794

To hell with getting any WR receivers from the outside now, you all thought our present ones were good enough.

I don't think that anyone aside of Gutekunst thought the receiving corps was good enough entering the season.

When was the last time the Packers were 10+ point underdogs? Would have thought it had to be a Brett Hundley game.

They have never been a 10+ point underdog with Rodgers starting.

If things get worst, anyone feel we should start Love?

The Packers shouldn't even think about starting Love until they're eliminated from playoff contention.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
It has been said many times that this is the NFL and it is any given Sunday. I'm not buying that with this game. Going on the road to a true contenders house, after they have a bye week to prepare, is a recipe for disaster. I don't see how the Pack score more than 10 points and don't give up more than 28. This one is going to be ugly. I'm going 10-38 Bills in a big way.

I'm going to edit this to just add some info on why I have this opinion. The Bills defense have given up the least amount of points with only 81 this season. The Bills offense have scored the fourth most points with 176 on the year. On the flip side, the Packers are in the bottom half of the league with 128 points scored and have given up 146. Statistically, they are lower to middling team. Yeah, I know there will be some that will say stats don't matter. They do tell a story though and it's not a good one for the Pack.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. I think we along with the front office know what we have in Love. 3 years in and Rodgers nursing a sore thumb and he's not getting snaps, especially in the Jets game.

Gute has not impressed me at all in the draft. I would not trust his judgement in a trade. I mean, how many years have we gone without a TE receiving weapon?
As conservative the docs are in GB ill say Rodgers thumb isnt as bad as one might think.

didnt we just have 11 td te season? And then he got hurt along with the other te.

Can help both get hurt

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has been said many times that this is the NFL and it is any given Sunday. I'm not buying that with this game. Going on the road to a true contenders house, after they have a bye week to prepare, is a recipe for disaster. I don't see how the Pack score more than 10 points and don't give up more than 28. This one is going to be ugly. I'm going 10-38 Bills in a big way.

I'm going to edit this to just add some info on why I have this opinion. The Bills defense have given up the least amount of points with only 81 this season. The Bills offense have scored the fourth most points with 176 on the year. On the flip side, the Packers are in the bottom half of the league with 128 points scored and have given up 146. Statistically, they are lower to middling team. Yeah, I know there will be some that will say stats don't matter. They do tell a story though and it's not a good one for the Pack.
Same score I've got rattling around in my head. Hope we're both wrong, but Bills,38-10

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard reports that MLF is not going to be fielding a team in Buffalo after Aaron said players making mistakes should not be out there.

While Rodgers only has used the words "they" upon review of the film it was clearly an entire team thing.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard reports that MLF is not going to be fielding a team in Buffalo after Aaron said players making mistakes should not be out there.

While Rodgers only has used the words "they" upon review of the film it was clearly an entire team thing.
Two bye weeks - sweet!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see the team go out this week against the Bills and just have fun. Forget the first 7 weeks. Forget all the issues. Just have fun and let it all hang out. Play the game you love and let the chips fall where they may.
I hope they do too.

I an not optimistic about this one. It could get ugly. If we as fans go in with low expectations we won't be as upset afterwards. I fully expect us to lose Sunday night. This isn't the week to turn the season around.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only thing I'm not sure about, besides a lopsided GB loss, is which Bills player is going to have 200 yds. & 3 TD's... Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Dawson, or Singletary? Maybe even 2 of them? With the game completely out of hand by half-time, when GB usually fails to adjust the Offense AND Defense, I hope Love gets a full half of experience.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A loss by single-digits would be an absolute win (relatively speaking); I'm not saying that in some sarcastic way, I'm being serious. Bills are averaging 39.5 points at home this season (only 2 games) and I don't see the Packers putting up more than 24 against that defense (would actually be a season high points given up by Buffalo).

Luckily, they actually have a worse rushing offense than the Packers so...maybe they'll be the second team Green Bay can actually stop the run against? Also, the really good secondary the Bills have is going to be totally wasted against this Packers squad so I hope the Packers players make fun of them a lot for that!

Obviously I hope the Packers beat the Bills but it's going to take 7 trick plays, the Bills turning the football over 9 more times than the packers, and Aaron Jones touching the ball 35+ times.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a truly scary game. I'll be watching though. Always there is hope. Who knows, the coaches might actually call a good game on both sides of the ball and Nixon might run a punt back. And if not; then I'll like seeing Love in the 2nd half. But that also sounds scary against these guys.

Ditka1985

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a truly scary game. I'll be watching though. Always there is hope. Who knows, the coaches might actually call a good game on both sides of the ball and Nixon might run a punt back. And if not; then I'll like seeing Love in the 2nd half. But that also sounds scary against these guys.
On any given Sunday, any team can win. Especially this year. I though my Bears would get blown out in Primetime against a Belichick coached team. And we blew them out. Colts beat the Chiefs earlier in the year. You never know. One thing’s for certain though….I’ll be cheering for Buffalo this Sunday night! Best of luck.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers vs Bills? In Buffalo? On Sunday night? Oh yea.

But I can't help myself.

Somebody better put Jaire Alexander in the slot.

Douglas and Stokes match up better against Diggs and Davis who are big physical technicians.

Gotta play a lot of snaps in base nickel defense. There is more talent in the secondary than the LB and DL.

Lets start playing to the strengths of this team.

Move Aaron Jones all over field. Let's fully unlock him as a dual threat RB, the "McCaffrey" treatment.

Otherwise...why give him the new deal?

Start the game running the ball with Dillon. Jones is gonna get his plays, Dillon needs to get going.

Let the WRs fall into place.

Play the best O-Lineman. No excuses!!!

Rodgers needs to tap into the zone. Just execute. No overthinking.

This game is a great test of coaches. Both MCD and MLF (I believe) became HCs the same season, have acheived pretty much the same amount of success.

However, this year Bills are up and Packers down.

Will MLF step up and lead?

Or will MLF be exposed?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts