Official week 17 lion game

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who will be joining me at the game?

I feel very confident that this gets flexed to the night spot. I think the only other game that could would be Pitt/Cinci

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well two weeks ago I was hoping the Bears might beat the Lions but that isn't going to happen, Pack simply need to go 2-0 to end the season. Then again who else didn't have this last game marked on their calenders before the season started?

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be one for the ages and all the marbles IF GB takes care of TB first...not until then.

SO I will be looking at that Thread......see you after TB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well two weeks ago I was hoping the Bears might beat the Lions but that isn't going to happen, Pack simply need to go 2-0 to end the season. Then again who else didn't have this last game marked on their calenders before the season started?
The Bears are so bad. I think Aaron killed their season. That team has been in offseason mode ever since

D

Deleted member 6794

With the Packers losing to the Bills it doesn´t matter anymore what the Lions do on Sunday (except if we lose to the Buccaneers) regarding the NFC North division champions.

After watching how the Bills defense was able to contain the Packers I´m really worried about the Detroit game. The Lions are more than capable of playing exactly the same way as the Bills did on Sunday but in addition their run defense is better than Buffalo´s. McCarthy has to come up with a game plan enabling Adams and one of the TEs to get involved as the Lions are more than capable of containing Nelson and Cobb.

The Lions offense doesn´t scare me at all, but I expect a low-scoring, close to the end game in week 17.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will literally be one of the biggest games in Lion's franchise history. This is a chance for them to win in Green Bay, for the first time in 20 years, for their first division title in years.

The Lions are capable of rushing four and dropping seven to slow us down, like they already did this year. Our offensive line, however, is playing much better now than it was then. It was fantastic versus Buffalo. If Rodgers has as much time vs the Lions as against Buffalo, we'll be fine. I do not see Rodgers being as off again and us dropping 7 passes, including a TD bomb.

Plus, being at home is huge for us. Game will be close, but we will pull it out.

Packers win 26-19.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Lions are capable of rushing four and dropping seven to slow us down, like they already did this year. Our offensive line, however, is playing much better now than it was then. It was fantastic versus Buffalo. If Rodgers has as much time vs the Lions as against Buffalo, we'll be fine. I do not see Rodgers being as off again and us dropping 7 passes, including a TD bomb.

Rodgers is actually way more accurate when getting rid of the ball quickly (70.3% completion percentage when it takes him less than 2.5 seconds to throw) than having a lot of time in the pocket (55.3% over 2.5 seconds).

EDIT: After thinking about it for a moment this is quite a moronic stat to come up with as all QBs are more accurate on shorter passer than deep ones. Sorry for wasting your time.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is actually way more accurate when getting rid of the ball quickly (70.3% completion percentage when it takes him less than 2.5 seconds to throw) than having a lot of time in the pocket (55.3% over 2.5 seconds).

EDIT: After thinking about it for a moment this is quite a moronic stat to come up with as all QBs are more accurate on shorter passer than deep ones. Sorry for wasting your time.

Haha...Not a time waster man. It's an interesting stat to think about.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
It would make my decade to see the Lions win in Green Bay, but I don't think it will happen. Should be a close game, but if the Eagles win out (@ Redskins, @ Giants), the Cowboys lose to the Colts and beat the Redskins and Detroit wins week 17, then Green Bay will miss the playoffs entirely. That's too much motivation for Rodgers and friends to lose at home, especially since they already don't seem to lose in Lambeau.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need to take care of the Buccaneers first, they lose this week and Lions win Packers can only get a wildcard and week 17 game will be a huge let down.

First things first... take care of business this week, cannot pencil in a W any week in the NFL. Cincy almost lost there a few weeks back.

H

HardRightEdge

It's not moronic. I'd also point out that if the QB is still holding the ball in the pocket at 2.5 seconds, those also tend to be the plays where nobody is breaking open.

Maybe the pass blocking is too good. :eek: Rodgers has been very effective in recent years when breaking the pocket and extending the play. ;)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Should've waited a week for this thread. We have an entire game we still need to win. Any given Sunday!!
If this thread wasn't started already, it would have been soon. Just like the NE thread had a week in b4 the game.
I have no problem as a fan looking a week ahead. The team on the other hand . . .

H

HardRightEdge

Lions clinched a playoff spot as a result of Philly crapping the bed against Washington.

H

HardRightEdge

You mean they didn't collapse in the second half of the season this time after hiring a pretty good coach??? Shocking!!! :D
Buffalo was supposed to collapse also, if I recall correctly. Teams that play good defense can keep games close, hang around, and win games even if the offense is missing on a cylinder or two.

Members online

Latest posts