1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Official Vikings Thread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 13 Times Champs, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Valhalla Express

Valhalla Express SKOL VIKINGS!

Ratings:
    +65
    Skol used to express friendly feelings towards one’s companions before drinking: ‘Skol!’ And he raised his glass.
    The origins is early 17th century (a Scots use): from Danish and Norwegian skaal, Swedish skål, from Old Norse skál.

If someone says "Skol FrankRizzo!" they are cheering you! =o)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    Holy shite, the announcing crew seems to be really out-doing itself today. They're almost gleeful criticizing the Pack and will probably be giving out BJ's to the Vikies in the locker room after the game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Nothing compared to the criticism on the Packer chat during the game. :( Hell people were saying 7-9 during the first half. WTF! :rolleyes:

4. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I had to leave the shoutbox. There were calls for blood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Yes I left it got real stupid in there. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Fin caught balls, Crosby made a 40+, and the run clicked for a while. Had we actually stopped Peterson, and the injuries/penalties not happened we would have played just over sad. It's ugly, but I'll grudgingly take the W. Kuhn is NEVER to take a hand off again, especially if it's not 3 and inches.

PS when they figure out that you're running, and start stuffing the run, USE PLAY ACTION!.

7. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Oh yeah, and a RB got a rushing TD! IKR, that NEVER happens here!

8. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    The Vikings Rube and Packers Roob live-blogged while the ugliness ensued. http://wp.me/p29VCs-dj

It was an ugly game. We just need to thank Ponder and the Vikings coaching staff for not leaning on AP even more. He was an absolute beast and the only reason the game was close. Rodgers willed the team to victory, converting numerous 3rd-and-longs on what ultimately ended up being the game-clinching, 11-minute drive. It was nice to see a running game emerge too.

We'll all be watching the injury report this week. Losing Lang is brutal, while Jordy's injury essentially puts us in the same position we were when Jennings was out. But, any time missed by Lang is critical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Prelim reports say its not serious for Lang

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    How many injuries can a team possibly suffer? This is getting ridiculous. I'm happy, though, any win over the Vikings is a good one. The running game was actually effective today. The Packers got a bit lucky that the Vikings didn't run it more, and instead allowed Ponder to throw those 2 interceptions. Hopefully in Week 17, the Packers find a way to shut down the run, or at least somewhat contain it.

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,955
    Thats how it is...Sometimes after 1st 2 mins, people say the while team sucks...There are times I can't understand how people get so angry right away..

Then they only come out when the team does bad..Never see them unless they lose...Almost like Lunchboxer..Only show up at a loss to say I told you so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    why always stir things up??? of course people will be upset if we are behind,...its the nature of fans..

What's not nature, is nit picking fans because they are critical of plays!!!
    I quit logging on in chat for this very reason....why can't we gripe when we do bad and cheer when we do good?!?!!

After all,...is this not the very essence of being a football fan???

13. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Skol means "toast", so Skol Vikings is interpreted as "Vikings are toast".

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1