1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Official Vikings Thread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 13 Times Champs, Nov 27, 2012.

1. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    It's not even a rivalry when you never won any superbowls. Skol

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    Both teams are coming into this game desperate to erase a humiliating loss. Vikes success will hinge on Ponder. If he's halfway decent, the game will be close. AP, though he's put the ball on the turf more these past few games, should run all over us - heck, Bradshaw did! And Allen has 11.5 career stats in his last 6 games against the Pack. But, he's also not had any sacks in the past three games, including a game against Da Bears and that anemic O-line.

On the flip side, Matthews injury will continue to cause pressure problems. A disturbing trend has emerged in Rodgers' performance of late: he has not surpassed 250-yards in any of his last four games.

The difference is the Packers passing game versus the Vikes secondary. The Packers real QB rating - a stat by coldhardfootballfacts that measures the overall QB play, and not just the passing efficiency - is sixth best in the league (falling a couple spots after last week) at 92.37. Meanwhile, the Vikes' real defensive QB rating is 25th in the league at 86.58. Needless to say, it's a matchup the Packers will exploit.

The game will be close for a majority of it due to AP's dominance. But, Rodgers and the passing game will take over and the Pack pull away late.

Packers 31
    Vikings 17

For more analysis and friendly banter between the Border Rivals, see here: http://wp.me/p29VCs-d6

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    It's a rivalry. Good post Valhalla. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Valhalla Express

Valhalla Express SKOL VIKINGS!

Ratings:
    +65
    BearDroppings, you are to a fan forum as cancer is to a lung. Keep the nasty comments to yourself.

Skol Vikings!

~Val

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Clay is out. Crap.

6. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +847
    I can see this game going one of two ways. Either a blowout by the Packers, or a close win decided by a filed goal or less. Unfortunately, the homer in me says my team will win a close one, but the realist sees the blowout. Rodgers just has to many weapons to throw to. If Chris Cook was around, maybe.

Packers 35
    Vikings 10

7. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    Not to be an arse, but how would Chris Cook make that big of a difference? I've never been impressed with him. And he's been injured/suspended/jailed for practically all his career.

8. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +847
    First he was never jailed.(Well except for that one weekend, for which he was aquited) Second I do believe this is his second injury, first one he had an infection that kept him out. This is a broken bone. Third, no matter what you think of him, he is good. Does losing Woodson make a difference? MN has some young and up and coming DB's. He is one of them. Smith is another.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Why? do this...I'm editing it

• Like Like x 1
  10. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    With last week's humiliation at NY and the weakness of our OL completely exposed, a blow-out may happen. If the Packers' OL and coaches don't feel a sense of urgency to get their **** together, then I swear half of them should be fired and released. I hope that means we'll see some real pass protection this week.

Have to see how much Jennings' return is going to help. He may be pretty rusty. If we can "hold" Peterson to 100 yds and 1 TD rather than 150 and 2TDs, Packers will roll methinks.

11. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,021
    Packers 27
    Yikes 9

I'd Bet the house, if I were a betting man.

12. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40

Give me a break learn to laugh a little bit. You guys are like cancer to anus but far worse.

• Old Old x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Unbelievable, the number of Minnesota license plates I've seen today with Packers license plate holders around them... Packers bumper stickers ... Packers window stickers. I just saw approximately 10 or more Minnesota vehicles in the Oshkosh Fleet Farm parking lot, the owners gathered outside the vehicles...did not see one person sporting Viking colors. Wow... I've never seen anything quite like it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Percy Harvin confirmed out.
    That's NOT GOOD for the Grape Apes.

Now we just have to focus on Peterson, and not let the monster TE Kyle Rudolph go off.

PACKERS 28
    VIQUEENS 16

15. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Fill me in here, what does Skol mean? If it's naughty, can PM me the answer.

Humor is good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    You guys better BE LOUD tomorrow and do it when THE VIKINGS ARE ON OFFENSE only, when Ponder comes under center.... GOT IT?????

17. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +847
    It's quite a bit less than what's in MD and IL. Why?

BTW, the vulgar language, not necessary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +879
    I give it a week before LT gets tired of your silliness. He is usually a bit more patient than the rest of us.

• Like Like x 1
  19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983

Thanks...I think? lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Nice??

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    There are more Viking fans that come to the Packer/Viking game than Bear fans coming to the Packer/Bear game

22. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    Seems to me guys wearing Brewers caps should not throw stones. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    First off, I've spent a lot of shared time in Lambeau with fans of the opposing teams and I've never had a bad experience with Viking fans at Lambeau. Matter of fact, some of the most memorable have been with Viking fans, again, in Lambeau. I went to a Viking/Packer game at the Met in Bloomington when I was younger (thanks Dad, very memorable weekend), but, had some issues with Viking fans at the Humpty - we've all got 'em. I don't have a problem with Viking fans or their team. Glad they're not in L.A.

Now...today's game. No blowout Raptor...so, slice up a couple extra venison sticks and settle in for a typical Central Division game. I'm thinking you're right on with a close...close...close...(almost irritating) game. A "whomever has the ball last" kind of thing. Understand that given the way the Pack played against the Giants, I'd LOVE to see a complete game with the end result being the Pack totally humiliating the Vikings, but alas, I don't see it. This Viking team isn't THAT far away from being consistently competitive.

• Like Like x 1
  24. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    I've never had the pleasure of flying into Minneapolis' airport ... but a friend of mine says that if you're a dyed-in-the-wool Vikings fan, it's kind of humiliating because there's as much Packers' stuff displayed and on sale as there is Vikings stuff...meaning there is a demand for it in "The Land of 10,000 Excuses". ;)

I was saying that there seems to be a lot of Packers fans living in Minnesota. A former assistant of mine left banking years ago (smart move too-I wish I was forest ranger these days) went back to school and got her nursing degree. She's working at Mayo Clinic now ... buys her surgical scrubs and stuff from the Packers' Pro Shop. That just fricken kills me... :) Incidentally, she despised Brett Favre almost from the time he got to Green Bay. I speculated that she hated him so much because she tried hitting on him in a bar in Appleton or something, and she was the only woman he ever turned down - not true, she was and is still a stunner - but it sure did irritate her whenever I said it. Heh heh heh

25. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Gang tackle Peterson, he'll cough it up. Find some way to get Rodgers time. Please!!! Screens, draws, quick slants, two tight end sets, and running the ball ocassionally to keep the pass rush honest. I say ocassionally because I don't see us being able to run the ball effectively against anyone. Plus a back can help in protection.