Official Viking game

Reaction score
Obviously you need to be better than the team you play but otherwise I completely disagree. Look at the 2010 Steelers. They were not the best team in the AFC, the Patriots were. They got whacked at home during the regular season by the Patriots and would have gotten beat if they went to Foxboro for the AFC championship game but they didn't have to. Why? Because the Jets played over their head and beat the Patriots in the divisional round, making the championship game in Pittsburgh and giving the Steelers a weaker opponent.

It's sounds all noble to say you need to beat the best to be the best but it simply isn't always true. I'll root to play weaker teams if it makes the route to San Francisco easier.

Well it looks like you will get what you wish for with the Seahawks at half. If they win I believe it means no matter what we will not play them at least the first round.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it looks like you will get what you wish for with the Seahawks at half. If they win I believe it means no matter what we will not play them at least the first round.

Yes I think that is right. Win means we get the Vikings again and lose means we get to go on the road against Washington. Neither will be easy but I much prefer it to playing Seattle.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened in the Super Bowl is irrelevant to my point.
That tells me everything I need to know. You want to somehow luck into the super bowl and pray for a miracle. What happens in the super bowl is the ONLY thing that is relevant and when you luck into by beating weaker opponents you are not ready to beat a good team.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That tells me everything I need to know. You want to somehow luck into the super bowl and pray for a miracle. What happens in the super bowl is the ONLY thing that is relevant and when you luck into by beating weaker opponents you are not ready to beat a good team.

You've got to win games before you get to the Super Bowl. One step at a time.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather be the NFC north Champs and playing Seattle at home, then be the team playing like we are going anywhere to play a playoff game.

Everything still continues to be wrong with this team besides defense. I love Josh Sitton, but he's no left tackle. Thankfully they put Kuhn out there to help and it allowed enough time for Rodgers to escape the brief pocket that was there, but he's been off, missed another TD and tossed an INT instead, Cobb missing passes again, routes being run that look like they're running to defenders instead of open spaces. Penalties, everytime this team puts itself in a hole, needs something bit to happen, they fight their ***** off for a positive play, get it on pure effort, and it all gets wiped out because of another ill timed penalty. They aren't good enough to do that anymore.

and like has become a pretty common theme, we get down big, have some offensive production for a quarter or so, and at least make it interesting. Our defense is pretty good, at least in the top 12 I said they'd need to be in at the beginning of the year to get us far in the playoffs. Of course I assumed returning all of our offense would have resulted in a different product on the field. Right now we need a defense that can be depended up for a score every week and 3+ turnovers and 4-7 sacks per game but that becomes more difficult when you have big contracts at QB, 4 out of 5 Offensive line positions, and 2 of your 3 WR positions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts