Official Viking game

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“I know what we’re capable of, and I think we have the opportunity to put it together for two halves and just haven’t done it [yet],” Rodgers said. “I think that we have enough guys on this team who have won big games, that when it comes time to play in the playoffs, you have to rely on that.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/po...rodgers-when-it-matters-were-going-to-show-up
I agree with Rodgers that this team is capable of playing at a playoff level. We've rarely played elite all season and there's not much hope that it will all of a sudden change. I hear Rodgers saying the right things, but the quotes from other players like TJ Lang and others lead me to believe that there is too much frustration and doubt in the locker room to play up to their ability.

It's also very apparent that we've never had a RT capable of playing in Bulaga's spot. This and Bulaga's injury history just confirm to me that his re-signing was a mistake. The guy can't stay healthy and we don't have anyone capable of playing his position effectively. Even Marshall Newhouse concussed himself in the Vikings/Giants game last night just to show solidarity with his old Packers teammates.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers win and Seattle loses...the Packers get Seattle at home and get smacked at Lambeau . That's how I see this all playing out come Sunday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
any scenario that ends with the Packers getting smacked is OK in Rodell's book

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game plan would be wise to revolve around Cobb IMO. Absolutely have to figure out ways to get him open and get the ball. He's by far the most talented player outside of Rodgers. Motion him all over the place. Bunch him up with 2 or 3 other eligible receivers. Run rubs, picks, crossing routes. Whatever. It's (past)time to get creative.

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Early weather projection for Sunday nights game at Lambeau Field:

26 - 24 degrees @ Kickoff
Mostly clear skies. Winds NW 5-10 mph

Sounds like a good night for football.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Early weather projection for Sunday nights game at Lambeau Field:

26 - 24 degrees @ Kickoff
Mostly clear skies. Winds NW 5-10 mph

Sounds like a good night for football.
Sure beats tonight's Lambeau weather. Winter storm warning, 7-11" snow, 40 mph winds. Freezing rain tomorrow afternoon.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers win and Seattle loses...the Packers get Seattle at home and get smacked at Lambeau . That's how I see this all playing out come Sunday.

I want Seattle at this point. Either they right the ship by then or they don't. Who the Packers play should be the least of our concerns. Our problems are internal.

Play like they did Sunday and they'll get smoked by Washington all the same. But right the ship, play like we did against them week 2 to beat Seattle and that gives this team the confidence boost it obviously needs to make a run. A boost that doesn't come from beating the Redskins.

Really though if your one of those thinking the Packers have no chance of making a run due to there recent stretch of games, and clearly there's more than a couple reasons to feel that way, then what does it matter who they play? Washington isnt a guaranteed win on the road and Seattle isn't the same team on the road so if you think one will crush us the other should beat us all the same. At least if we get things right at home against what appears a superior team there's the possibility to use that as a springboard to bigger things

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regressing is an understatement. This team is an embarrassment. Call Mike Holmgren and get this team serious again. Since the 2010 SB Championship this team has flirted with being a serious contender, but the only thing they have accomplished is more seats at Lambeau and record revenues, while ignoring the true needs of this team to bring another championship to hard working fans who are stuck paying 3-400 dollars a ticket to a greedy group of team supported businesses who have plenty of tickets available, even though the season tickets are supposedly "sold out".
How about a top notch tight end, cornerback, and OT?

Don't worry the new "Packerland" will be open in 2017. I'm sure another Shares offering is coming soon.

I really hope the entire coaching staff is fired after they lose to the Viqueens.

Where does this ridiculously high standard come from that I have seen many times on this forum?

Yes, more championships recently would have been awesome, but the fact is under MM and TT, the Packers have been the 3rd most successful team in the league under the Patriots and Giants.

They are one year removed from the NFC title game, and STILL a playoff time. Anytime they make the playoffs, it is nowhere near an embarrassment.

Plus, the season isn't EVEN OVER YET, but let's make sweeping judgements about the team and what should be down before the playoffs start.....

Yeah, yesterday was not a good game, but you two are highly overreacting.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope the entire coaching staff is fired after they lose to the Viqueens.

Firing the entire staff would be insane and I am glad you're not in charge. To completely start over is a fantastic way to make the team worse.

If you can give any examples of a successful team moving on from their current regime and getting better, I'd like
to see it. The Bears tried a few years ago after going 10-6 and only got worse. The Chargers moved on in 2006 after going 14-2 and also got worse. The jury is still out on the Broncos this season.

Or how about an example of coaches that you can guarantee make them better?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Seattle at this point. Either they right the ship by then or they don't. Who the Packers play should be the least of our concerns. Our problems are internal.

Play like they did Sunday and they'll get smoked by Washington all the same. But right the ship, play like we did against them week 2 to beat Seattle and that gives this team the confidence boost it obviously needs to make a run. A boost that doesn't come from beating the Redskins.

Really though if your one of those thinking the Packers have no chance of making a run due to there recent stretch of games, and clearly there's more than a couple reasons to feel that way, then what does it matter who they play? Washington isnt a guaranteed win on the road and Seattle isn't the same team on the road so if you think one will crush us the other should beat us all the same. At least if we get things right at home against what appears a superior team
there's the possibility to use that as a springboard to bigger things

This should be post of the week! Everything you said is true. If the team that played against the Broncos, Panthers, Lions or Cardinals shows up in the playoffs, it's going to be a blowout loss for the Pack

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or how about an example of coaches that you can guarantee make them better?

Aren't you kind of asking for something impossible here? Has there every been a 100% guarantee in sports? You're asking for an example of something that can't happen and doesn't exist.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aren't you kind of asking for something impossible here? Has there every been a 100% guarantee in sports? You're asking for an example of something that can't happen and doesn't exist.

That's the point. If it doesn't exist, why move on from a very successful staff when they could easily get worse?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2015/12/28/packers-play-win-against-vikings/77997044/

If Mason Crosby doesn't muff that field goal against Detroit and the Packers score from the Bears 8 in the final minute Thanksgiving night at Lambeau we wouldn't even be talking about a decision on the NFC North this Sunday.
And if worms had guns birds wouldn't mess with them. You can play the "If" game with any team. Doesn't change the outcomes. If Bridgewater isn't sacked and fumbles in Denver and Arizona and throws a TD instead, then we aren't talking about a decision on the NFC north this Sunday.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the point. If it doesn't exist, why move on from a very successful staff when they could easily get worse?

Perhaps true, but isn't it equally preposterous to continually conduct the same experiment with the same variables and expect a different result? Next year will simply be a repeat of this year; Mike McCarthy / Dom Capers / Aaron Rodgers / et al. Not that its a TERRIBLE group to work with but shouldn't we shake up the position coaches or the strength and conditioning coaches or SOMETHING?

There has to be ONE KEY VARIABLE that has kept this team down this year and I think it MUST be that our receivers suck and can't get open.

All that being said I still believe the Packers mash the Vikings 34-10 on national teevee. I don't think the Vikings have the maturity to come into Lambeau and take the division title.

Don't you GB guys HATE the late start to the game? The crowds, the traffic, having to get up for work Monday morning with a SERIOUS hang-over?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see making a change with Capers, but I do say he isn't the one missing tackles 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage turning into 20+ yard runs. Same with McCarthy on offense, he's not dropping passes or throwing picks to guys covered in the end zone.
But our WRs were recently considered a strength of the team. The talent is there. So why are they not able to get ipen or hold onto the ball?

A coaches job is more than play calling and scheme. Its motivation and practice as well. Its teaching technique and game preperation. I dont see a lot of confidence or sense of urgency from many of our players. I havent watched an offensive play in some time where I thought it was a creative call. I put this smack on our coaching staff. If it was one or two I would say bench em and get someone .else in there. But it is a lot of players and players who have played better in the past.

I dont advocate major changes except OL coaching changes. But MM needs to examine the coaching staff carefully and figure out what the he11 is going on out there.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps true, but isn't it equally preposterous to continually conduct the same experiment with the same variables and expect a different result? Next year will simply be a repeat of this year; Mike McCarthy / Dom Capers / Aaron Rodgers / et al. Not that its a TERRIBLE group to work with but shouldn't we shake up the position coaches or the strength and conditioning coaches or SOMETHING?

:tup:

Members online