Official Training Camp Thread

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
didnt see this one anywhere since the update

From Friday morning:

Green Bay - Ah, football. And just football.

After being able to spend a practice without my phone ringing off the hook or checking my mobile web, here's what went down:

ROLL CALL

The usual veterans -- Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett, Mark Tauscher, Chad Clifton, Aaron Kampman, Ryan Pickett, Donald Driver and Kabeer Gbaja-Biamlia -- got the morning practice off for rest, so the Packers were a little thin today with some other assorted injuries.

RB Ryan Grant (tight hamstring), RB Vernand Morency and DT Johnny Jolly were the new injured players.

WR Jake Allen (groin), S Charlie Peprah (hamstring), S Aaron Rouse (hip flexor), C Junius Coston (groin), C Scott Wells (abdominal), DT Justin Harrell and OT Orrin Thompson (ankle) were out.

TE Tory Humphrey was back for the first time in a while.

THEME OF THE DAY

A little of this, a little of that.

With so many players out, the survivors were left to get a lot of double reps. The first team offensive line was (from L to R): Daryn Colledge, Allen Barbre, Jason Spitz, Josh Sitton and Tony Moll. The second team was Tony Moll, Ryan Considine, Brennan Carvalho, Ryan Keenan and Breno Giacomini. Several of the defensive backs were on the field a lot as well.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

Yes, ESPN is still here, and will be through the Monday Night Football game. Make it stop. Please make it stop.

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO, "HMMMMM."

Daniel Muir was playing left defensive end with all the absences.

HE SAID, HE SAID

"I'm about press-conferenced out," coach Mike McCarthy said in the understatement of the season so far.

"I'd like to look at you because then they can't use this on Sportscenter. Where do you want me to look? What do I do with my hands? I don't know what to do with my hands." -- Aaron Rodgers, channeling his inner Ricky Bobby.

NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

Rodgers, though once again sharp for the most part, missed a completely open Donald Lee during the two-minute drill when Rodgers threw it high and behind....Chris Francies, Taj Smith and James Jones had drops. Francies also slipped on a pattern.

LOOKING SHARP

Rodgers was 10 of 15 with two touchdowns. He was 6 of 8 on his two-minute drive...Greg Jennings made a phenomenal one-handed catch for a touchdown to end practice. Rodgers had scrambled and then zipped a ball in late and a little high to Jennings. But he made it work.

ROOKIE REPORT

Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn were 1-of-4 and 0-of-4, respectively...Patrick Lee nearly had an intereception on Flynn

AS IT HAPPENED

In this corner we feature a selected drill, play by play:

Rodgers' two-minute drill

* 1-10: Jackson run up the middle;
* 2-7: Rodgers complete to Jennings on quick slant;
* 1-10: Rodgers completes deep fade to Ruvell Martin down the left sideline against Jarrett Bush;
* 1-10: Rodgers misses a wide open Donald Lee high and behind;
* 2-10: Rodgers complete to Jackson;
* 3-2: Rodgers complete to Francies against Tramon Williams;
* 1-10: Rodgers incomplete high to Jackson;
* 2-10: Rodgers complete to James Jones;
* 3-goal: Rodgers complete to Jones for touchdown against Williams.

Django

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was there this morning. ( second practice I have ever attended) Rodgers looked sharp (to my extremely untrained eye) Jennings looked like " I am pretty awesome" Jennings. Brandon Jackson looked incredibly quick, confident and nimble. I am starting to believe the hype.

Check this out. After the practice I went to the Tundra Tailgate Zone and was sitting in the food and beverage tent and I turn around and Mark Murphy is walking in the side door about 3 feet away from me. We make eye contact and I say "Hey Mark!" He stops and says "Hi!" We shake hands and I say "Hey man, you are doing a great job!" His face lights up and replies "Thanks, I really appreciate that!" and cruises off with another guy I didn't recognize. Kind of looked like Mark was giving him a tour of the facilities. Only in Green Bay!

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Django said:
I was there this morning. ( second practice I have ever attended) Rodgers looked sharp (to my extremely untrained eye) Jennings looked like " I am pretty awesome" Jennings. Brandon Jackson looked incredibly quick, confident and nimble. I am starting to believe the hype.

Check this out. After the practice I went to the Tundra Tailgate Zone and was sitting in the food and beverage tent and I turn around and Mark Murphy is walking in the side door about 3 feet away from me. We make eye contact and I say "Hey Mark!" He stops and says "Hi!" We shake hands and I say "Hey man, you are doing a great job!" His face lights up and replies "Thanks, I really appreciate that!" and cruises off with another guy I didn't recognize. Kind of looked like Mark was giving him a tour of the facilities. Only in Green Bay!

Oh sweet man, that's awesome! I can't wait 'till late November when I can make my way back up there!!

Members online

Latest posts