OFFICIAL THREAD We need a running back now !!!!!

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redbird....Just because the offense is unstoppable doesn't mean you win the superbowl, the defense plays a huge roll in that and the health factor. The point being, if we have a great RB teams will have to game plan for him....unlike our current situtation and that will also keep us from being one dimensional as we are right now. Pick your poison, but our passing game would open up stuff, for a DW type runner, that he's never seen before. I don't know if I would consider DW elite but he definitely is closer to the top than we have now. This offense, not team, would (should) be unstoppable!! It all comes down to what are we willing to give up, because, if true, they will want a lot for him.

pretty much this. i mean they cant stack the box or even have many defenders at all on the line because of the passing game, and they cant put all DBs on the field because of him. its win/win.

although i sincerely doubt deangelo is on the table, regardless of the panthers situation or the packers, i would love to see him in the green and gold. though it might hurt my fantasy teams numbers takign throws away from arod :p lol

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why doesn't Kuhn start?

Anybody else agree? He doesn't have great speed and he doesn't break of huge 50 yard runs, but he consistently gets 5-6 yards per carry. And that final drive kind of proved it.

Agree? Disagree?

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well?
what do you think about our running game now?
we played the loser lions(one of the worst rushing defenses in football)
i guarentee packer fans will want kuhn to be the man....

please Ted....we need someone
so at least we have 4-6 weeks to get them ready for end of the year/playoff football

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Agreed

I have had enough of the Jackson experiment, too. Four games in and he has not shown even a hint that he is capable of being an every-down back.

Time to move on.

If Kuhn is the only one ready, then let's line him up as our primary RB for a game and see what he can do. How much longer until Nance can give it a shot?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to negate the need for an RB, but I wouldn't put this game all on the need for a running game. There was a lot of other stuff going down out there. The running game, or complete lack thereof, with the exception of the brilliance of Kuhn, was only a part of the whole equation. Our D looked sloppy at times and couldn't stop the Lion's dump pass, special teams again... Still we won the game at least, lots of hope, lots of improvements to be made.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Going to say this again

we all know we need a rb so can we please keep it in this thread.....

Stop making new threads about needing a new rb

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Kuhn is a good goal line back/pound it back. But I still want to get that guy that is a rip it off for 20+ kind of threat, whoever he is... I want that possibility in the back of the defenses mind when they play us.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, can somebody actually do what Jess did with the MM or TT threads from last week and consolidate them? I have some wicked ADD and all those threads just confuse me.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson just looks like he plays in slow motion. No quickness, speed, power, or elusiveness, hence, low yardage.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, can somebody actually do what Jess did with the MM or TT threads from last week and consolidate them? I have some wicked ADD and all those threads just confuse me.

trouble there is all the threads merge at times they were posted

so could have a LOT of mixed up posts that make no sense

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel we are so limited to what we can do on o, noone one is scared onour run game right now.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Boy that DeAngelo Williams sure did look good running around for the 0-4 Panthers that no longer have much of a use for him today...................

Seriously, Ted, make it happen.

Majkman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?

If the Packers could pick up a back the caliber of Williams, it would be worth giving up any of the scrubs that have been mentioned, along with a 2nd. His presence would not only fill a huge gap in the running game, but would also take a ton of pressure off of Rodgers. The Packers would also have the ability to grind out games, taking some of the pressure off of the defense, which after today's game, I think would be a huge benefit. Besides, the last time I checked, the Packers blew a 2nd round pick on B. Jackson. Draft picks aren't always a sure thing, but D. Will is!

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redbird....Just because the offense is unstoppable doesn't mean you win the superbowl, the defense plays a huge roll in that and the health factor. The point being, if we have a great RB teams will have to game plan for him....unlike our current situtation and that will also keep us from being one dimensional as we are right now. Pick your poison, but our passing game would open up stuff, for a DW type runner, that he's never seen before. I don't know if I would consider DW elite but he definitely is closer to the top than we have now. This offense, not team, would (should) be unstoppable!! It all comes down to what are we willing to give up, because, if true, they will want a lot for him.

I understand this, the comments weren't really directed at you, like I said, I've been seeing it ALOT and I just don't like the mentality. Most comments I've seen have been like, "If we sign Lynch/Williams, you may as well just give us the Lombardi Trophy now"... And to that I say, "********"...

There are ALOT more problems on our team right now than just the RB postion. I'd say that spot is about 4th or 5th on our list of problems.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand this, the comments weren't really directed at you, like I said, I've been seeing it ALOT and I just don't like the mentality. Most comments I've seen have been like, "If we sign Lynch/Williams, you may as well just give us the Lombardi Trophy now"... And to that I say, "********"...

There are ALOT more problems on our team right now than just the RB postion. I'd say that spot is about 4th or 5th on our list of problems.

and care to list those off? really i dont see anything more glaring.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and care to list those off? really i dont see anything more glaring.

I'll give it a try..

1. Special teams
2. Running game
3. Secondary issues (mainly lack of play at nickel)
4. Offensive line penalties
5. Head coach's clock management/ overall decision making

Nope. couldn't do it.