OFFICIAL THREAD We need a running back now !!!!!

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I agree. The running game was terrible week 3. IDK, you guys think LJ would be that bad of a decision? lol. Well theres a few nice names out there to choose from. Have we given up on Jackson? Poor guy lol.

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade Rumor

Packers and Panthers are in trade talks. Packers have an interest in RB DeAngelo Williams. Panthers want a 2nd and a starting caliber player. I'm hearing either Brad Jones or James Jones. I think the sticking point is if Thompson would be willing to go as high as a 2. I hope he gets it done. Williams is a great back and getting him for a 2 and either of the Jones's would be a coup for the Packers.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is no way in ******** we get williams for a 2nd and jones... if so TT better pull that ****in trigger

ehoepker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a second AND either James Jones or Brad Jones?! I think that is way to much for him. Yes he's a great back but I think we need the depth at OLB more and James Jones will eventually step in when double D retires. I would do a second round pick straight up for him though

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
if this is true I rather be it Jj going..

We do need the depth at OLB we can afford to let JJ go for now in return for a solid RB

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theres not a chance they do it for a 2nd straight up.. theyd want at least a first and second.. and what has brad done this season?

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
a second AND either James Jones or Brad Jones?! I think that is way to much for him. Yes he's a great back but I think we need the depth at OLB more and James Jones will eventually step in when double D retires. I would do a second round pick straight up for him though

Ur kidding me right?? Did you forget about Jordy Nelson??? I think he is the sure plug in if and when DD retires... I HOPE TO GOD WE GET D Williams!!!

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
PackerBOB... where are these sources coming from... in the RB rumor thread someone posted that the D Williams talk was done for fun and a writer (Joe Arrigo) took it and ran with it... just want to make sure your source isnt the same...

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ur kidding me right?? Did you forget about Jordy Nelson??? I think he is the sure plug in if and when DD retires... I HOPE TO GOD WE GET D Williams!!!
Finally someone with some sense.. this would prolly be the steal of the decade if it were to happen.. dependin on the money of course

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if this is true I rather be it Jj going..

We do need the depth at OLB we can afford to let JJ go for now in return for a solid RB

It's true that they are talking trade. They will need to come to a mutual agreement. At this point the paticulars I'm hearing are #2 and either of the Jones. All that can change as they go back and forth trying to meet a common ground. This could very easily fall through like most trade talks do. This is something I'm hearing at the moment and thought about bringing it to attention of this board.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
It's true that they are talking trade. They will need to come to a mutual agreement. At this point the paticulars I'm hearing are #2 and either of the Jones. All that can change as they go back and forth trying to meet a common ground. This could very easily fall through like most trade talks do. This is something I'm hearing at the moment and thought about bringing it to attention of this board.

Sounds good... I like it... just hope it sticks... BTW:chisux:

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this trade goes down. Williams is light years ahead of Lynch as a player. He's also a great person off the field unlike Lynch who has some character flaws. Besides hearing it from my source this same topic was also being discussed on Steve True's sports radio talk show in Milwaukee 540am They were mentioning interest in Williams and Goodsen.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know i dont mind the info... i cant speak for everyone else but im all ears for whatever info you have.. i dont get why everyone wants to know who your source is.. you could just as easily, if your making everything up, just make up the name of your source.. i could say were in trade talks with the steelers for harrison and my source was kevin greene... sources can be made up just as easily as the rumor, so guys if you think packerbob is full of it, even if he gives you a source it wouldnt make a difference cuz he could still be full of it

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it impossible to believe that Thompson would make such a deal. Although, It's nice to dream about, the addition of Williams to the Packers backfield, would make the offense virtually unstoppable!

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This trade would be amazing and I would do it in a heartbeat. The problem is, it won't happen and I don't believe its true.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im with everyone here that I want to see the source of this rumor. As nice as it is. Id LOVE to see Williams in green and gold. But, Im just as curious as everyone else where this rumor came from.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it impossible to believe that the panthers would make that offer. in all honestly id smack TT myself if he refused to give up a second+player for williams.

anyone who doesnt make that trade is a certified fool.

thats why i cant believe those are the terms.

btw, anyone with espn inside see anything on the 'rumors' section of the nfl page?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Sounds way too good to be true, and considering our situations, I would be surprised if the Jags wouldn't gouge us on that and try to turn it into Herschel Walker type trade.

You know what they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds way too good to be true, and considering our situations, I would be surprised if the Jags wouldn't gouge us on that and try to turn it into Herschel Walker type trade.

You know what they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

That's exactly what I was thinking. They can't be that stupid.

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This trade is not happening, the Lynch trade is not happening.

I want to see what Nance is all about, and I want to get our O-Line right.

You want to chance our entire running game on someone picked up off a practice squad? Cmon..

That chances of finding another Ryan Grant off of a practice squad are less than one percent.

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want to chance our entire running game on someone picked up off a practice squad? Cmon..

That chances of finding another Ryan Grant off of a practice squad are less than one percent.

Exactly what I was thinking, but if someone wants to chance the running game on someone off a practice squad it also requires mentioning that Grant came from a trade, not a practice squad. Besides, McCarthy is talking about getting him involved on special teams more than having him run the ball.

Latest posts