OFFICIAL THREAD We need a running back now !!!!!

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its funny because pretty much all experts disagree with you. Football outsiders for one has time and time again talked about this.

I bet if the majority of the forum ran the packers they would trade rodgers for chris johnson. lol

I know you're being sarcastic, lol, but yeah, there's not a player in the league I would trade Rodgers for...

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uh guys, the colts won the sb with hardly a run game to speak of, not to mention the steelers who did it the year before them.

really

CHILL THE **** OUT

we played a sloppy game, the refs called an insanely picky game (on us..really... look at the tape), and had any ONE of those mistakes not gone through we would've been blowing out the bears. phantom holding on tausch for Jmikes TD. missed holding on hesters return. PI on that last drive where the guy wouldnt have had a play on the ball and looked like he was holding burnett not vice versa.

this is fixable people

STOP MELTING DOWN YOURE LOOKING LIKE VIKINGS FANS shameful

If you can make a trade, to make your team better, why wouldn't you? I don't get it.

I don't understand why so many fans are so adamant about sticking it out with who we have, especially when Marshawn Lynch can be had for a relatively low price, he is only 24, and is a Pro-Bowl RB. If you can take some pressure off of Aaron Rodgers, THEN DO IT! We can't throw the ball 50 times a game November through January, its just not realistic. Jackson and Kuhn are not the answers, get real.

And whoever was claiming teams don't need a run game to make it far into the playoffs, you're sadly mistaken. Especially in the Packers case. Lets take a look at recent Packer teams, we have made the NFC Championship game in 1995, 1996, 1997, and 2007.

1995: Bennett - 1067 Rushing Yards, 648 Receiving Yards, 7 Total TDs. Levens - 120 Rushing Yards, 434 Receiving Yards, 7 Total TDs.

1996: Bennett - 899 Rushing Yards, 176 Receiving Yards, 3 Total TDs. Levens - 566 Rushing Yards, 226 Receiving Yards, 10 Total TDs.

1997: Levens - 1435 Rushing Yards, 370 Receiving Yards, 12 Total TDs.

2007: Grant - 956 Rushing Yards, 145 Receiving Yards, 8 Total TDs. (Only 10 games) Brandon Jackson and DeShawn Wynn also threw in a combined 470 Rushing Yards, and 5 Total TDs.

We have the team to make it to the Super Bowl this year.. stop hoarding the draft picks. I don't care about drafting some RB prospect who takes 3 years to pan out, when we can trade that same 3rd rounder and an OL for Marshawn Lynch right now.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you can make a trade, to make your team better, why wouldn't you? I don't get it.

I don't understand why so many fans are so adamant about sticking it out with who we have, especially when Marshawn Lynch can be had for a relatively low price, he is only 24, and is a Pro-Bowl RB. If you can take some pressure off of Aaron Rodgers, THEN DO IT! We can't throw the ball 50 times a game November through January, its just not realistic. Jackson and Kuhn are not the answers, get real.

And whoever was claiming teams don't need a run game to make it far into the playoffs, you're sadly mistaken. Especially in the Packers case. Lets take a look at recent Packer teams, we have made the NFC Championship game in 1995, 1996, 1997, and 2007.

1995: Bennett - 1067 Rushing Yards, 648 Receiving Yards, 7 Total TDs. Levens - 120 Rushing Yards, 434 Receiving Yards, 7 Total TDs.

1996: Bennett - 899 Rushing Yards, 176 Receiving Yards, 3 Total TDs. Levens - 566 Rushing Yards, 226 Receiving Yards, 10 Total TDs.

2007: Grant - 956 Rushing Yards, 145 Receiving Yards, 8 Total TDs. (Only 10 games) Brandon Jackson and DeShawn Wynn also threw in a combined 470 Rushing Yards, and 5 Total TDs.

We have the team to make it to the Super Bowl this year.. stop hoarding the draft picks. I don't care about drafting some RB prospect who takes 3 years to pan out, when we can trade that same 3rd rounder and an OL for Marshawn Lynch right now.

Short term memory seems to be a bit of an issue eh? Marshawn is ALWAYS injured, you don't want a unreliable RB.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a tough decision. Lynch is not a very stable guy, not much of a team player, and is possibly injury prone. The asking price is a little steep for what could be a bad player. What is everyones' thoughts on Brandon Jacobs and his possible availability?

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Short term memory seems to be a bit of an issue eh? Marshawn is ALWAYS injured, you don't want a unreliable RB.

How do you figure that he is ALWAYS injured?

In 2007, his rookie year, he missed 3 games due to an ankle injury. He still finished the year with 1,115 rushing yards and 7 TDs. He also had 184 receiving yards.

In 2008, he missed 1 game because of a shoulder injury. He finished the year with 1036 rushing yards and 8 TD's. He also had 300 receiving yards and 1 TD. Made the Pro Bowl.

In 2009 he wasnt injured at all, he missed 3 games because of a suspension, Fred Jackson was named the starter. Lynch only had 120 carries on the year. And again.. no injuries.

4 Games missed in 3 years? I'll take that.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you figure that he is ALWAYS injured?

In 2007, his rookie year, he missed 3 games due to an ankle injury. He still finished the year with 1,115 rushing yards and 7 TDs. He also had 184 receiving yards.

In 2008, he missed 1 game because of a shoulder injury. He finished the year with 1036 rushing yards and 8 TD's. He also had 300 receiving yards and 1 TD. Made the Pro Bowl.

In 2009 he wasnt injured at all, he missed 3 games because of a suspension, Fred Jackson was named the starter. Lynch only had 120 carries on the year. And again.. no injuries.

4 Games missed in 3 years? I'll take that.

Your right, he was suspended and injured (you forgot to mention his 2010 ankle injury AGAIN that put him out for 4 weeks during pre-season, sounds like a winner! Anyway, don't you see the pattern with his ankle? Not to mention, he is too young to be having repetitive injuries right? Good luck with him, BUT he won't make you happy....

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson's stubborness and conservative nature is going to cost this team a chance at the Super Bowl! The Packers have no viable running game, and at certain points in certain games you need to be able to run the ball. After the Pack stopped the Bears at the goal line, they needed to grind out some yards and eat up some clock, however, they were unable to do so because their featured back was John Kuhn! The guy is a converted fullback, he isn't even a tailback. Thompson in his infinite wisdom decided to keep three fullbacks instead of three tailbacks, now, the Pack has been forced to use one of these fullbacks as a tailback, and guess what? It's not working! This team is going to squander a golden opportunity this season, because of mistakes made by their GM!

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that Grant is due an $11 million dollar bonus in 2011, and really wasn't guaranteed to be brought back even before his injury.

Lynch is due about 1.84 million in 2011. Saving the Packers roughly $10 million dollars.

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your right, he was suspended and injured (you forgot to mention his 2010 ankle injury AGAIN that put him out for 4 weeks during pre-season, sounds like a winner! Anyway, don't you see the pattern with his ankle? Not to mention, he is too young to be having repetitive injuries right? Good luck with him, BUT he won't make you happy....

Clay Matthews missed the entire preseason two years in a row, what's your point? Does that mean that Clay Matthews is injury prone?

Both of the times it was his hamstring.. isn't he too young to be having repetitive injuries?

It can go both ways..

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay Matthews missed the entire preseason two years in a row, what's your point? Does that mean that Clay Matthews is injury prone?

Both of the times it was his hamstring.. isn't he too young to be having repetitive injuries?

It can go both ways..

LOL, comparing a hamstring (any player) to a RB's ankle injury is utterly ridiculous, you lost out on this argument, lick your wounds and live another day bro

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT and the Pack should work the phones pretty hard, and look around for a good back that would fit our system. I don't think TT will nor do I think he should go out and get a diva/superstar type back. I am pretty sure that there is a free agent or a depth chart extra somewhere who has a abit of pop and a desire to start. Thats who I think they should get, a 3 or 4 year vet who hasn't started and would be excited to be the #1 or a shot at being the #1 back.

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, comparing a hamstring (any player) to a RB's ankle injury is utterly ridiculous, you lost out on this argument, lick your wounds and live another day bro

No.. calling a pro-bowl player injury prone because they sit out the preseason is "utterly ridiculous."

Do you know the severity of Lynch's ankle injury in the preseason? I'm guessing not. It was a SPRAINED ANKLE, and an extremely minor case at that.. If it was the regular season, he would have played the following week. But because its the PRE-SEASON.. he rehabbed it to prepare for the regular season, and to ensure it would have no lingering effects heading into the regular season.

If he had to have some kind of reconstructive surgery on his ankle, then yes, that isn't the same as a strained/pulled hamstring. But as is.. yes they are very comparable.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.. calling a pro-bowl player injury prone because they sit out the preseason is "utterly ridiculous."

Do you know the severity of Lynch's ankle injury in the preseason? I'm guessing not. It was a SPRAINED ANKLE, and an extremely minor case at that.. If it was the regular season, he would have played the following week. But because its the PRE-SEASON.. he rehabbed it to prepare for the regular season, and to ensure it would have no lingering effects heading into the regular season.

If he had to have some kind of reconstructive surgery on his ankle, then yes, that isn't the same as a strained/pulled hamstring. But as is.. yes they are very comparable.

OK Matt, ANY ankle injury that is repetitious in nature is a worry-some topic when discussing a young RB, sprained or not. I know these things because I have had them myself, and I played hockey and football. There is a reason why some ankles sprain easier than others, it boils down to ligaments, cartilage, and muscle issues/deficiencies, get it? NOT GOOD! BTW ANY ankle sprain that puts you out 3-4 weeks is considered very serious in nature, especially for a SPRAIN!

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To add, go look at his nice sized law-breaking rap sheet, that is just what the doctor ordered huh? The guy is nothing but trouble (i.e. team player, law/rule abiding).....he is a little thug that isn't worth taking a risk on.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson could've ran last night. Barry Sanders could've ran last night.

Other than that, it was impossible to ran last night, not with our OL and their DL...

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you didnt read my following post at all did you.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah maybe my personal opinion is a little too harsh on Jackson, our OL isnt exactly the best and their DL is definitely pretty good.

but still, id like to see our starting running back do better than Kuhn. Even though Kuhn is a beast, and i like him. lol

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To add, go look at his nice sized law-breaking rap sheet, that is just what the doctor ordered huh? The guy is nothing but trouble (i.e. team player, law/rule abiding).....he is a little thug that isn't worth taking a risk on.
He wasn't trouble at Cal, when he played with Rodgers.
I agree that he's not the solution, but he's clear improvement over what we have.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn't trouble at Cal, when he played with Rodgers.
I agree that he's not the solution, but he's clear improvement over what we have.

Improvement is always the sole thing to concentrate on (i.e. giving up prospects, money, relationships).....

Sure, he IS better than anyone on your current roster from what I can see, however he would bring more baggage than what his skill value is currently speaking, again IMO. I would suggest for the Packers MGMT to look somewhere else.

Wait, I am a TROLLING Vikes fan, meaning I would want the Packers to fail right? Yeah, take him and good luck! :man_in_love:

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some off the field stuff can be prevented simply with a change in scenery. It can also be coached out if a player comes into contact with a new coach and a good relationship develops. On the other hand, some off the field stuff is simply not tolerated. How much is tolerated really depends on the team's management and the team itself. I think that if a player who has had some trouble yet has a lot to offer in terms of ability and helping the team win games a good balance can be found or reached between the two. I definitely think that will play a role in what kind of moves are made. As for Lynch in particular, yes he has had some off the field troubles. Yet he and Rodgers were teammates in college which means that Lynch would already have someone he has a prior relationship on the team on the first day he got there. I also think that it would allow Rodgers to serve as a sort of mentor or good conscience and have a good shot at being heard on Lynch's end. I also think that going from a backup/group role on a team that has no shot at any postseason play in this season or the next, to a possible starting role on a team with a legitimate passing game, defense, and overall postseason aspirations, would help Lynch stick to football and not get distracted.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Improvement is always the sole thing to concentrate on (i.e. giving up prospects, money, relationships).....
Agreed.

Sure, he IS better than anyone on your current roster from what I can see, however he would bring more baggage than what his skill value is currently speaking, again IMO. I would suggest for the Packers MGMT to look somewhere else.
Don't agree. The so-called baggage is insignificant IMHO. Still, running game wasn't the reason we lost last night. And RB wasn't even the biggest factor why our running game didn't work. blocking was.
Wait, I am a TROLLING Vikes fan, meaning I would want the Packers to fail right? Yeah, take him and good luck! :man_in_love:
Still to be decided. You're a Packer Hater, that's for sure. Still doesn't mean that you don't have SOME valid points.

Raptorman is a vikings fan, that has never even been warned, let alone been "pinked" or banned. There are other bears and vikings fans that do not get the same treatment you have been receiving.

But they don't act like they have the Packers' best interest in mind, and obviously you do not. Doesn't mean you're not telling the truth, though.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
You F*cking morons that think you can get to a super bowl with John Kuhn as your best f*cking running backs need to learn football. The Colts, Steelers, and Saints have all been mentioned on here as Super Bowl winners without a run game, but they at least had a run threat and ran when they needed to. Addai, Bush/Thomas, and at the time Willie Parker are all much much much better than anything the Packers have right now. Its sad. Stop dreaming, we need a run game if we're gunna be for real
Please calm down.

I did hear on NFL Network this morning when I woke up that Lynch is now being shopped. If the price is right, do it. I don't know if he's the answer, I don't know if he's an upgrade, but I want Ted to do something. Anything really.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed.

Don't agree. The so-called baggage is insignificant IMHO. Still, running game wasn't the reason we lost last night. And RB wasn't even the biggest factor why our running game didn't work. blocking was.

Still to be decided. You're a Packer Hater, that's for sure. Still doesn't mean that you don't have SOME valid points.

Raptorman is a vikings fan, that has never even been warned, let alone been "pinked" or banned. There are other bears and vikings fans that do not get the same treatment you have been receiving.

But they don't act like they have the Packers' best interest in mind, and obviously you do not. Doesn't mean you're not telling the truth, though.

Hey hey, I surely don't HATE the packers, just dislike them more so than my team the Vikes. Easy fella.....

Just some simple WIKI crap I pulled and pasted --

On June 14, 2006, Lynch was the victim of mistaken identity when unknown assailants shot at his car outside his high school alma mater as he was about to visit his little sister on her graduation day. He was not the intended target of the shooting, and no one was injured. The shooter phoned Lynch's mother to apologize.[27]
On January 25, 2007, Lynch was accused of ****** assault by his former girlfriend. The incident reportedly happened on December 13, 2006, outside the woman's home in Emeryville, California. On January 29, 2007, an Alameda County Deputy District Attorney who specializes in domestic violence cases declined to press charges, citing a lack of evidence and "grave inconsistencies" in the alleged victim's accusations.[28] Lynch was never arrested or charged.
On March 3, 2007, an Alameda County judge threw out a restraining order that Lynch's ex-girlfriend had issued against him because it was obtained improperly.[29]
During June 2008, Lynch was investigated for his involvement in a hit and run accident that occurred in Buffalo on May 31, 2008. His 2008 [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_Cayenne"]Porsche Cayenne[/ame] struck and injured Kimberley Shpeley, of Ontario, Canada, before leaving the scene. It should be noted that Shpeley was extremely intoxicated, and dancing in the middle of the street.[30][31] After the 27 day saga, on June 26, 2008, Lynch apologized and accepted a [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_plea"]guilty plea[/ame] to a single count of failure to exercise due care to avoid striking a pedestrian, a traffic violation. He was assessed a $100 fine, and his driver’s license and car registration were revoked. Because a Buffalo [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police"]police[/ame] officer gave testimony that Shpeley did not suffer "severe physical injury," Lynch avoided criminal charges for the incident.[32] Lynch was later sued by Shpeley on December 28, 2009 for [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negligence"]negligence[/ame].[33] Shpeley's first lawyer, who many Buffalo residents may recognize from television ads, refused to represent her, presumably because he didn't see potential to win the case.
Three days after his [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Pro_Bowl"]2009 Pro Bowl[/ame] appearance, Lynch was arrested on February 11 in Culver City, California. Lynch and two companions were sitting in a running 2006 Mercedes-Benz when police approached; after smelling [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marijuana"]marijuana[/ame], the police searched the car and discovered a loaded gun that was determined to belong to Lynch. He was released the same day after posting $35,000 bail.[34] Lynch's felony charge was reduced to three misdemeanors, and no drug charges were filed.[35] On March 5, Lynch pled guilty to a single misdemeanor gun charge and was sentenced to three years of probation, and 80 hours of community service. He also agreed to submit to police searches at any time. The two other misdemeanor gun charges were dismissed.[36]
Lynch was accused of stealing $20 from the wife of a Buffalo police officer in a local TGI Friday's on December 7, 2009. A complaint was filed against him the next day.

Now, nobody can leave here and say the guy stays out of trouble (some may be questionable but thus shouldn't HAPPEN to be around so much ******** nonetheless), so I would urge you to reconsider his value to the team "overall", you guys don't need another 14 yr old hot tub display now do ya? Or, maybe this time it could be a love boat gathering with Marshawn being the crew captain? All jokes aside, I think he is a decent running back, but with the multiple ankle sprains and troubles with the law, his value is surely lessened overall.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On June 14, 2006, Lynch was the victim of mistaken identity when unknown assailants shot at his car outside his high school alma mater as he was about to visit his little sister on her graduation day. He was not the intended target of the shooting, and no one was injured. The shooter phoned Lynch's mother to apologize.[27]
Mistaken identity. Not his fault.
On January 25, 2007, Lynch was accused of ****** assault by his former girlfriend. The incident reportedly happened on December 13, 2006, outside the woman's home in Emeryville, California. On January 29, 2007, an Alameda County Deputy District Attorney who specializes in domestic violence cases declined to press charges, citing a lack of evidence and "grave inconsistencies" in the alleged victim's accusations.[28] Lynch was never arrested or charged.
Wasn't even charged. Didn't do anything.
On March 3, 2007, an Alameda County judge threw out a restraining order that Lynch's ex-girlfriend had issued against him because it was obtained improperly.[29]
He has only one crime. Having dated a crazy *** *****.
During June 2008, Lynch was investigated for his involvement in a hit and run accident that occurred in Buffalo on May 31, 2008. His 2008 Porsche Cayenne struck and injured Kimberley Shpeley, of Ontario, Canada, before leaving the scene. It should be noted that Shpeley was extremely intoxicated, and dancing in the middle of the street.[30][31] After the 27 day saga, on June 26, 2008, Lynch apologized and accepted a guilty plea to a single count of failure to exercise due care to avoid striking a pedestrian, a traffic violation. He was assessed a $100 fine, and his driver’s license and car registration were revoked. Because a Buffalo police officer gave testimony that Shpeley did not suffer "severe physical injury," Lynch avoided criminal charges for the incident.[32] Lynch was later sued by Shpeley on December 28, 2009 for negligence.[33] Shpeley's first lawyer, who many Buffalo residents may recognize from television ads, refused to represent her, presumably because he didn't see potential to win the case.
The drunk got in his way, he was fined a WHOPPING $100, and nothing more. A famous lawyer recused to represent her, because she was full of ****.
Three days after his 2009 Pro Bowl appearance, Lynch was arrested on February 11 in Culver City, California. Lynch and two companions were sitting in a running 2006 Mercedes-Benz when police approached; after smelling marijuana, the police searched the car and discovered a loaded gun that was determined to belong to Lynch. He was released the same day after posting $35,000 bail.[34] Lynch's felony charge was reduced to three misdemeanors, and no drug charges were filed.[35] On March 5, Lynch pled guilty to a single misdemeanor gun charge and was sentenced to three years of probation, and 80 hours of community service. He also agreed to submit to police searches at any time. The two other misdemeanor gun charges were dismissed.[36]
THIS was something. He was smoking pot with a lodaded gun. Dumb guy. No big deal, but dumb guy.
Lynch was accused of stealing $20 from the wife of a Buffalo police officer in a local TGI Friday's on December 7, 2009. A complaint was filed against him the next day.
accused.
Now, nobody can leave here and say the guy stays out of trouble (some may be questionable but thus shouldn't HAPPEN to be around so much ******** nonetheless), so I would urge you to reconsider his value to the team "overall", you guys don't need another 14 yr old hot tub display now do ya? Or, maybe this time it could be a love boat gathering with Marshawn being the crew captain? All jokes aside, I think he is a decent running back, but with the multiple ankle sprains and troubles with the law, his value is surely lessened overall.
I accuse you of stealing. You are, therefor, trouble? Didn't think so.

He had ONE charge against him. ONE. Of carrying a loaded gun...

Saying that "he has been around trouble" is complete BS. It's an affront to the legal system, actually.

Members online

Latest posts