OFFICIAL THREAD We need a running back now !!!!!

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you understand Ted's philosophy. It is similar to the same way the Patriots work. In the other thread, the one on Moss, I posted an article that points out in the next draft the Patriots have a bunch of top three round draft picks. That trade of Moss for a third is typical of the Patriots. They deal and stack up higher round draft picks, then build their team from there. Once in a while they'll pick up a free agent like Moss or Fred Taylor. In our case we picked up C. Woodson. There are some very striking similarities in the basic modus operandi.
one GLARING difference thoug.. is the amount of superbowls they have compared to us in the last decade...they pull the trigger when need be.. we usually dont.. with that being said.. theres no way i want sproles for a 1st and 3rd, thats just silly... nor do i want deangelo for those two players and a pick.. i think kuhn can handle it for what we need him for, and hopefully nance or starks can be a change of pace...there's bigger issues than rb at this point

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one GLARING difference thoug.. is the amount of superbowls they have compared to us in the last decade...they pull the trigger when need be.. we usually dont.. with that being said.. theres no way i want sproles for a 1st and 3rd, thats just silly... nor do i want deangelo for those two players and a pick.. i think kuhn can handle it for what we need him for, and hopefully nance or starks can be a change of pace...there's bigger issues than rb at this point
Biggers issues then RB? Like what? If we are one dimensional we are no threat to the big time defensive teams, and we absolutely will pay for it..We have been spoiled with Grant, and being able to change the pace of the game whenever we wanted..We dont have that now..We played a pretty decent Bears defense and they made our offense look silly...we need a threat at RB

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Biggers issues then RB? Like what? If we are one dimensional we are no threat to the big time defensive teams, and we absolutely will pay for it..We have been spoiled with Grant, and being able to change the pace of the game whenever we wanted..We dont have that now..We played a pretty decent Bears defense and they made our offense look silly...we need a threat at RB

We haven't faced a big time QB (ala Brady, Favre, Brees) yet and we don't know if we fixed our problems from last year. So we may find out we have bigger problems in the secondary.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
last year our secondary problems were caused by injuries, leaving us with hardly anyone who could play in the secondary. this year we will have a jaw dropping amount of talent back there before we play anyone of note. and no favre doesnt count anymore. if he even makes it to oct 24

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
last year our secondary problems were caused by injuries, leaving us with hardly anyone who could play in the secondary. this year we will have a jaw dropping amount of talent back there before we play anyone of note. and no favre doesnt count anymore. if he even makes it to oct 24

Ummmm....aren't we a little thin against the pass this year because of injuries too?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's really no point in trying to speculate on a trade for a feature back. We have two weeks until the trade deadline, and any feature back we grab from someone else's team is going to need time to learn our playbook, get used to the way our linemen block and learn our system. It's unrealistic to expect a trade to be an instant fix.

Oh, and Darren Sproles? Are you kidding me? Why should be give up a first and a third for someone that's not even considered a feature back on his present team?

Frankly, I'm eager to see what Nance and Starks can do. Nance just needs to learn the playbook, and McCarthy said he should see a bigger role this week. Starks will be eligible to start practicing again in two weeks and if all goes well, could be activated shortly thereafter. In the mean time, I think Kuhn will do just fine at grabbing those three yard pickups we need.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you forget bigby and harris are back in two weeks?

Yeah but let's not kid ourselves into thinking they'll be ready to go right away. I mean, it's possible, but neither of them has seen any contact and aren't likely to be in football shape right away.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems more and more like a move for a running back is not coming. I don't understand why somebody isn't been brought in, but in TT we trust.

I'm looking forward to Harris and Bigby coming back. The defense could use the boost.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems more and more like a move for a running back is not coming. I don't understand why somebody isn't been brought in, but in TT we trust.

I'm looking forward to Harris and Bigby coming back. The defense could use the boost.

Because man, we don't need anyone. We took our shot at Lynch, we didn't get him, so it's time to move on and focus on the guys we have rather than those we don't. For all we know, Nance could be the guy we're looking for. Or Starks. We just don't know yet, so it's time to give those guys a shot.

Besides, I thought this was a timely article:

Passing game is here to stay in NFL - JSOnline

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but let's not kid ourselves into thinking they'll be ready to go right away. I mean, it's possible, but neither of them has seen any contact and aren't likely to be in football shape right away.

I disagree. Just because they are not allowed to practice with the team on the PUP list, does not mean they are disallowed from working out, training, etc. Bigby and Harris are both pros, know the playbook, and what is expected of them. The only thing that actually worries me would be Al Harris still not being fully recovered. I'm confident Starks will be ready to go day 1, just about as confident in Bigby, and Harris is the cliffhanger.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. Just because they are not allowed to practice with the team on the PUP list, does not mean they are disallowed from working out, training, etc. Bigby and Harris are both pros, know the playbook, and what is expected of them. The only thing that actually worries me would be Al Harris still not being fully recovered. I'm confident Starks will be ready to go day 1, just about as confident in Bigby, and Harris is the cliffhanger.

Right, but there's a difference between being "in shape" and "in football shape." Football shape means you're capable of getting beat up and it doesn't slow you down. Your body is used to the contact, the hits, the abuse.

These guys coming off the PUP list might be in excellent shape, but they won't necessarily be in football shape right away.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, but there's a difference between being "in shape" and "in football shape." Football shape means you're capable of getting beat up and it doesn't slow you down. Your body is used to the contact, the hits, the abuse.

These guys coming off the PUP list might be in excellent shape, but they won't necessarily be in football shape right away.

Exactly! That's why I think they should start Harris at #3. We don't need him risking any more injures, we are gonna need him in post season! Same for Bigby, I'm sure these guys are training hard, but Harris, well both of them, are precious and I hope they make sure they are well taken care of!

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow 19,000 views?

i would have never guessed this thread would hit over 19000 views......WOW

i will say this: if the packers keep on struggling the next 6-9 weeks. this thread could hit over 100,000.
what's the most views on any thread ever on this forum?

Majik

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read on fox sports that the PR office was willing to go for Lynch, but TT didn't want to give up a 4th rounder with a conditional 3rd rounder for him. I would have done it in a heartbeat with the situation we are in right now with our RBs.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I just read on fox sports that the PR office was willing to go for Lynch, but TT didn't want to give up a 4th rounder with a conditional 3rd rounder for him. I would have done it in a heartbeat with the situation we are in right now with our RBs.

OK, I'm going on record here to say that the Packers are going to prove all you naysayers wrong by the end of the season. You are going to find out the Jackson, Kuhn and Nance can get the job done. If they don't you have permission to stick you tongues out at me and say nyah, nyah, nyah.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

LOL it was reported he was willing to give a 4th rd AND a player...I posted t here somewhere, came from a jsonline packer reporter

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going on record and saying......

first of all, i know its the wrong thread. but its the most populated thread. AND THE BEST 2 say i'm sorry...

i've been complaining about 4 TE's on the roster for a month now... and as we see today..we need 4 TE's on roster.

I'm sorry , I was wrong.. i MANned UP ..

GO PACK

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts