OFFICIAL THREAD We need a running back now !!!!!

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and care to list those off? really i dont see anything more glaring.

1. Special teams play (As a whole)
2. Offensive line performance
3. Coaching (Penalties) Lack of Discipline
4. Inability to put pressure on opposing QB and generate any sort of pass rush with anyone other than CM3
5. Our Running back situation.

That's just my humble opinion and my list. I'm sure we'll disagree on it, but hey, that's why neither of us are running this team...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Wherever you have it on your list, it's still an issue that needs to be resolved.

I'm going to be really disappointed if Ted stands pat this week. I don't know what he should do, but he needs to do something. Anything. Just to show me he knows there's a problem.

And I know, given Ted's history the overwhelming odds say I'll be disappointed at the end of the week.

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4. Inability to put pressure on opposing QB and generate any sort of pass rush with anyone other than CM3

That's just my humble opinion and my list. I'm sure we'll disagree on it, but hey, that's why neither of us are running this team...

Clay Matthews has 7 sacks, the team has 16. He's not doing everything out there. The last two quarterbacks we've faced have been very good at getting the ball out before getting sacked.
As for the offensive line, Rodgers has only been sacked 8 times in 4 games.
Before the Chicago game, the Packers were the least penalized team. Then yesterday against Detroit we had 3 penalties for 31 yards.
Meanwhile, Brandon Jackson has had a few games and still has not developed into any kind of threat. I'd bump our running back situation a little higher on that list.

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT calls his draft picks "my precious" so unless they are willing to take a 4th or 5th rounder it probably wont happen.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I noticed that Nance was suited up and standing behind the coach a lot this week. We may see him in action soon.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. I agree with
2. No man, it's fine.
3. Happened one week, don't freak out.
4. Wow, we had a **** load of pressure, that's why they screened and did quick passes.
5. May be true, but were still 3-1(Should be 4-0). I also havent seen anything to standout it was the running game we lost.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give it a try..

1. Special teams - yea its a problem, but its A) better than weve had in years, the fumbles are just flukes. really. when has jordy fumbled before? and B) a running game will help our offense get back any yards we dont return.
2. Running game - this was what i said was #1...obvious
3. Secondary issues (mainly lack of play at nickel) - shields was actually doing very well until he got hurt. yes its a problem now that hes hurt, but that will all be better in 2 weeks. is there any word when shields is back?
4. Offensive line penalties - last week's penalties were a result of chicagos dline baiting them over and over and over and never getting called on it. we got the **** end of the stick. iirc the lions game there were 0 oline calls. tauschers hold on peppers was BS. jmike's hold last week was obvious not one, even the announcers were like wtf.
5. Head coach's clock management/ overall decision making - no argument here, but still #2

No need to be an *** about it. and you only listed 1 issue as more glaring as the run game.

as for redbird, see above , and the defense has had excellent pressure on QBs. just because it doesnt always end in sacks doesnt mean nothing is there. alot of plays on the QB in chicago were negated due to penalty, and they got the ball out quick to avoid the rush. they had alot of hurries and pressures though. the lions responded to the pressure with the little drop off plays that killed us. notice how they did that almost every down? thats because we broke into the pocket on almost every down. really its just an issue of covering the mid-flat range to prevent those ***** and dunks and then we can get to the QB more.

and has been said, but we are 3-1, and it seems like everyone is holding the pack to a standard of absolute perfection, which is utterly unattainable. every team has its flaws, theres no team without flaws. we're still super bowl contenders, still many people's favorites to make it there, especially with the saints faltering. the other teams we go up against have their faults too. just because we cant run like tennessee or return every kickoff for a TD doesnt mean we are going to fail this season. it just means we are going to have to find other ways to win, namely our top 3 QB in rodgers with our #1 WR corps providing him ample targets.

think of it this way. we've played just horribly for two weeks now, we know how good we can be, and we still are 3-1

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pressure hasn't been a problem. We didn't play like the Giants did, where the opposing QB simply doesn't have ANY time. But we've been putting pressure.

The problem is the coverage. And not guys being out of place, but guys giving too much space. This is a coaching decision, and I loathe it.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is the coverage. And not guys being out of place, but guys giving too much space. This is a coaching decision, and I loathe it.

That is what I was thinking. We gave them just a little more space than we should have. I was screaming for Capers to make some adjustments at halftime. It also could have been a couple other factors too. Like knowing we were playing on our turf. We were playing the Lions and were under estimating them. Also trying to avoid having 18 penalties! In my opinion we won when we deserved to lose. But we deserved to win against the Bears and lost..........sooooo.........it will be ok. I'd rather play our best football at the end of the year instead of the other way around.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need an O-line, than a RB, than we need a whole new special teams everything.

We have two guys on the bench right now to upgrade the O-line. Bulaga and Lang. Put them in........trade for D. Williams and fire slocums ***. Problems solved. Majority of them anyhow.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Packerbob, somebody said we were close to a deal with Minnesota that would get us Adrian Peterson for 2 7th rounders... Can't believe you arent all over it!!! lol

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my ****** just told me the Titans are looking to deal Chris Johnson to the Packers for Tim Masthay & an undisclosed 2099 draft pick, both sides are talking and are trying to get the deal done

asshalo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could be bringing Nance along slow like they did with Grant in 2007. Grant played for GB in week 2 but didn't break out until Mid season against Denver. Nance doesn't need to be Grant. Starks may also provide some relief after he comes off the PUP list.

Sure they could still bring in an RB, I just doubt it's going to be lynch or anyone significant.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could be bringing Nance along slow like they did with Grant in 2007. Grant played for GB in week 2 but didn't break out until Mid season against Denver. Nance doesn't need to be Grant. Starks may also provide some relief after he comes off the PUP list.

Sure they could still bring in an RB, I just doubt it's going to be lynch or anyone significant.

At this point, I'd just rather they not bring someone in. Just roll with what we've got, and see what happens. Give Nance/Starks a chance, hell who knows? They may do just fine. I'd like to keep our draft picks because as the season progresses it becomes more and more apparent that we need to shore up a few positions in the upcoming draft. I'd like to have our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounders. Someone said that we may have 2 3rd rounders bc of a compensatory pick for Kampman?? Is that true?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm, so I was reading on another Packer forum that all of this Eagles/Bills/Marshawn Lynch talk began when the Bills contacted the Eagles after they heard that LeSean McCoy, RB for the Eagles, cracked a couple ribs... They are looking to trade Lynch to them.

And their asking price... a 3rd round pick...

Don't know if there's truth to it, but at that price I'd be a little agitated if we didn't attempt to get him. I think we have two 3rds this year, so if we gave it up we would still be able to have a normal draft, not missing picks.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm, so I was reading on another Packer forum that all of this Eagles/Bills/Marshawn Lynch talk began when the Bills contacted the Eagles after they heard that LeSean McCoy, RB for the Eagles, cracked a couple ribs... They are looking to trade Lynch to them.

And their asking price... a 3rd round pick...

Don't know if there's truth to it, but at that price I'd be a little agitated if we didn't attempt to get him. I think we have two 3rds this year, so if we gave it up we would still be able to have a normal draft, not missing picks.

There may be some truth to the Lynch to Philly trade. I heard that on the Philly (channel 6) news tonight, that they were talkin to the Bills considering Lynch. They need a RB because without McCoy, their run game does not exist. But I also heard, on here, the Bills were keeping Lynch past the trade deadline. The Bills seem to be Favring it up with Lynch. One moment they are shopping him, next keeping him. Make up your minds! Stop with the waffling!

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is interesting. That article comes out on the same day as another article, saying something completely different. This article says the Bills approached the eagles after hearing about McCoy's broken rib asking for a 3rd rounder for Lynch.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/opinions...r/04/lynch-deal-not-expected-to-get-done.html

This either means TT is not interested in a Lynch trade or TT is waiting till week 6 when the Bills are 0-6 and much more desperate to make some moves and give up on the season. If the Bills are calling around, I would assume they are trying to gauge interest in Lynch before giving in to a lower pick. Only other team I can think of being interested would be the Pats, who have lost 2 RB's and are in the same division as the Bills.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This is interesting. That article comes out on the same day as another article, saying something completely different. This article says the Bills approached the eagles after hearing about McCoy's broken rib asking for a 3rd rounder for Lynch.

PhillyBurbs.com:  Lynch deal not expected to get done

This either means TT is not interested in a Lynch trade or TT is waiting till week 6 when the Bills are 0-6 and much more desperate to make some moves and give up on the season. If the Bills are calling around, I would assume they are trying to gauge interest in Lynch before giving in to a lower pick. Only other team I can think of being interested would be the Pats, who have lost 2 RB's and are in the same division as the Bills.

Later on Profootballtalk.com said it is just another rumor and the Bills have no intention of trading Lynch.

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Later on Profootballtalk.com said it is just another rumor and the Bills have no intention of trading Lynch.

On The Sidelines (Packers Rumors)

Joe Arrigo's blog says otherwise. Says the two teams are still in talks, want to get a deal done by week six. Both teams are probably trying to drive the price one way or another. Thats why we get Bills-Eagles trade talks and Packers-Panthers trade talks.

Lynch, or his agent asked to be traded to the Packers or at the very least traded. There are three good running backs and not enough running downs. It's frustrating for all three of them (Jackson, Spiller, Lynch).

Just going to have to wait and see, but I don't think it's over yet.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Either that or they're waffling (see definition of "Favre" lol). Anyone notice how they have been changing their minds with Lynch. I've been following these RB (we want Lynch) threads and they keep saying they are shopping him, then he's off the market, then he's being shopped to several teams, now the latest is they're planning on keeping him past the trade deadline. wth? I don't know what kind of strategy they think they're pulling here but as we get closer to the deadline, people are going to start to lose interest and find surer trades elsewhere. Bills may get stuck with him if they keep monkeying around or whatever is going on. The Philly talk is more recent due to the rib injuries sustained to RB McCoy in the Skins game. Philly needs a RB, whether it's Lynch or not, they have NO run game without him. There is talk of Philly about getting Lynch here but so far I've only heard of it on the local news stations, no links or articles. I'm going to check out some Philly sites right now to see if I can see anything. So far it's just another rumor, and who the hell knows what the Bills are really going to do with Lynch anyway, I don't know what they're playing at.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
On The Sidelines (Packers Rumors)

Joe Arrigo's blog says otherwise. Says the two teams are still in talks, want to get a deal done by week six. Both teams are probably trying to drive the price one way or another. Thats why we get Bills-Eagles trade talks and Packers-Panthers trade talks.

Lynch, or his agent asked to be traded to the Packers or at the very least traded. There are three good running backs and not enough running downs. It's frustrating for all three of them (Jackson, Spiller, Lynch).

Just going to have to wait and see, but I don't think it's over yet.

As I understand Schefter from ESPN the Bills have made it clear they are keeping Lynch past the Oct 19th trade deadline. But other teams who need a back keep pounding on the door trying to get the Bills to let him go. One Buffalo writer thinks Jackson is more expendable than Lynch in that backfield. Apparently the Bills don't think Lynch is expendable either.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I understand Schefter from ESPN the Bills have made it clear they are keeping Lynch past the Oct 19th trade deadline. But other teams who need a back keep pounding on the door trying to get the Bills to let him go. One Buffalo writer thinks Jackson is more expendable than Lynch in that backfield. Apparently the Bills don't think Lynch is expendable either.

This could also be just a ploy to try and drive the price up. I'm not saying that it is, but you know how these things go. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that Lynch got traded at any given moment. Even if he doesn't get traded, that might just mean that they couldn't get the price they wanted, but would have done a deal had the price been right.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This could also be just a ploy to try and drive the price up. I'm not saying that it is, but you know how these things go. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that Lynch got traded at any given moment. Even if he doesn't get traded, that might just mean that they couldn't get the price they wanted, but would have done a deal had the price been right.

Well, this is always possible, but they originally wanted a third round pick or better plus compensation. I doubt too many teams are willing to give up that much at this point in the season. Even if he were to come to the Packers it would take him 3 or 4 weeks to learn the system enough to be a benefit. At this point in time teams aren't willing to shed a lot of bucks for someone who will only benefit them half to less than half of the season.

Members online

Latest posts