Official Thread: Packers vs Raiders

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Please remember to tell mods you make an official thread so we can stick it

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders will falter in the cold Wisconsin December. Aaron Rodgers goes 29/35 with 325 yrds and 4 TDS. Woodson gets his second pick 6, and Matthews gets his first 3-sack game of the year. Saine will also see more carries, resulting in 55 yrds or more. I see us ending the game 35-13, and our defense has 5 sacks and 3 INTs.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Packers going to win again. :) Saine will probably see more carries wouldn't be suprised if he did what Starks did last year.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the Raiders to give their "A+" against the Packers. The Packers will dominate this game and will CONTINUE to show that they ARE the team to beat.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go Pack Go

Hard to find much to worry about with this game other than maybe Seymour.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders will give us all we can handle on Sunday. You can tell the way the Giants were playing after being embarrassed on Monday night they were going to come up gunning for us. AND THEY DID. The Raiders were supposed to smack the 'Phins around yet they were blown out. They lost their division lead (Denver owns tie breaker) and Darren McFadden is returning to the line up vs. the Packers. Our boys will be in for a battle come Sunday. But, I think that's just what our team needs, an opponent like the NYG/OAK punching the pack in the mouth and bringing it! Playoff type atmosphere. :tup:

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
The Raiders will falter in the cold Wisconsin December. Aaron Rodgers goes 29/35 with 325 yrds and 4 TDS. Woodson gets his second pick 6, and Matthews gets his first 3-sack game of the year. Saine will also see more carries, resulting in 55 yrds or more. I see us ending the game 35-13, and our defense has 5 sacks and 3 INTs.

Well, that's what I felt about Micheal Vick and the Atlanta Falcons not that long ago in a playoff game. Any given Sunday. Anyways I feel good, that we should pull another win. Palmer is capable of throwing a pick 6 to Woodson....if Woodson is playing. Anybody hear anything about his concussion yet?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Raiders will give us all we can handle on Sunday. You can tell the way the Giants were playing after being embarrassed on Monday night they were going to come up gunning for us. AND THEY DID. The Raiders were supposed to smack the 'Phins around yet they were blown out. They lost their division lead (Denver owns tie breaker) and Darren McFadden is returning to the line up vs. the Packers. Our boys will be in for a battle come Sunday. But, I think that's just what our team needs, an opponent like the NYG/OAK punching the pack in the mouth and bringing it! Playoff type atmosphere. :tup:

What is it with these injured running backs deciding all of a sudden they are healthy for the Packers???

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Packers fan since 1961, having sat in Lambeau through the Starr, Gregg and Infante years with season tickets...I want to give you that background before I say what I'm going to say. Back in September I told a friend that I thought the two teams I thought had a shot at beating the Packers were the Lions and the Raiders. The Lions because they have the offense to do it, and the Raiders because they have the running game and play a physical brand of football. If the Raiders can establish some sort of running game, control the clock and keep Rodgers on the sidelines...and score.... they have a shot. Remember, the Packers defense is subpar.(ranked 31st this week--btw--New England is 32nd).
That said, it is only a shot.
Also, long ago the notion that just because it's cold it will bother the warmer-climate teams...myth. Look up the numbers.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Packers fan since 1961, having sat in Lambeau through the Starr, Gregg and Infante years with season tickets...I want to give you that background before I say what I'm going to say. Back in September I told a friend that I thought the two teams I thought had a shot at beating the Packers were the Lions and the Raiders. The Lions because they have the offense to do it, and the Raiders because they have the running game and play a physical brand of football. If the Raiders can establish some sort of running game, control the clock and keep Rodgers on the sidelines...and score.... they have a shot. Remember, the Packers defense is subpar.(ranked 31st this week--btw--New England is 32nd).
Also, long ago the notion that just because it's cold it will bother the warmer-climate teams...myth. Look up the numbers.

Exactly, the Raiders are being underestimated. What you said about keeping Rodgers on the sideline to beat the Pack is very true. That is how the Steelers beat the Pats, they understood that if they got into a shootout it was going to be a LONG day (Brady can shoot out with the best of them) Big Ben and the offense led LONG methodical drives to limit Brady's opportunities. I think it's going to be closer than most people think, Pack eek out another close on by 3. 24-21

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm saying 37-35.

It don't matter how bad the Raiders are, every bad team this year has showed up and gave us a run for the money with us being the defending Super Bowl champs. Raiders will have over 450 yards on offense, with 150 being rushing yards, and the rest a desperate Palmer forcing the ball around.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh c'mon!
If Timmy Tbag and the Broncos with that offense can beat the Raiders, anybody can!
As for the D-fence being ranked 31st?
Yeah, that's just on paper and the 2011 Packers D show week after week that paper don't matter.

Loran

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I heard McFadden is not playing and they're not sure if hes going to play the rest of the season.

The Raiders do have a solid pass rush however I just think they're banged up in to many spots. I think if the Packers start fast and get a big lead the Raiders will cave.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna go big and predict a blow out. It's time for one.
42-20 for win #19 for the Packers.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
All I care about is our defense showing up and holding them to limited points. I know Rodgers can handle his own ****.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McFadden is a dynamic player, no doubt. However, a player that is this close to either playing or not likely is not even close to fully recovered. That means that while the Packers' D still needs to defend the rush, Capers main goal is going to be getting some juicy turnovers out of Palmer. Carson hasn't exactly been a ray of sunshine in recent years, is still absorbing the Raider offense, and is prone to throwing picks. I loved how the Raiders started out this season. I love their coach. I think that they have a bright future. I think that they will lose by double digits to the Packers. Cold or not, these Raiders aren't in the same league as the Packers. They can't turn it off and on like the Giants.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
I'm more worried about the trip to KC than this game. If we lose to Oakland the week after Miami slaughtered them, then we're in trouble.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Packers are basically facing another team who got embarrassed the week before? This is getting old.

Exactly!

which means not only are they gunning for the defending SB champs, but also for their pride after being smacked around the week prior to facing the Packers. :cautious:

Members online

Latest posts