1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Official Thread: Packers vs Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by Wood Chipper, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    The quest for home field advantage is on :)

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Please remember to tell mods you make an official thread so we can stick it

3. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,041
  4. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    The Raiders will falter in the cold Wisconsin December. Aaron Rodgers goes 29/35 with 325 yrds and 4 TDS. Woodson gets his second pick 6, and Matthews gets his first 3-sack game of the year. Saine will also see more carries, resulting in 55 yrds or more. I see us ending the game 35-13, and our defense has 5 sacks and 3 INTs.

5. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Packers going to win again. :) Saine will probably see more carries wouldn't be suprised if he did what Starks did last year.

6. PackPackPackers

PackPackPackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    I want the Raiders to give their "A+" against the Packers. The Packers will dominate this game and will CONTINUE to show that they ARE the team to beat.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,114
    Go Pack Go

Hard to find much to worry about with this game other than maybe Seymour.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Well I hope the D steps up. If our Offense was not playing as it was We would of lost alot of games.

9. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    The Raiders will give us all we can handle on Sunday. You can tell the way the Giants were playing after being embarrassed on Monday night they were going to come up gunning for us. AND THEY DID. The Raiders were supposed to smack the 'Phins around yet they were blown out. They lost their division lead (Denver owns tie breaker) and Darren McFadden is returning to the line up vs. the Packers. Our boys will be in for a battle come Sunday. But, I think that's just what our team needs, an opponent like the NYG/OAK punching the pack in the mouth and bringing it! Playoff type atmosphere. :tup:

10. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +466
    Well, that's what I felt about Micheal Vick and the Atlanta Falcons not that long ago in a playoff game. Any given Sunday. Anyways I feel good, that we should pull another win. Palmer is capable of throwing a pick 6 to Woodson....if Woodson is playing. Anybody hear anything about his concussion yet?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,329
    What is it with these injured running backs deciding all of a sudden they are healthy for the Packers???

• Like Like x 2
  12. DON BARRETT

DON BARRETT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    Need some folks to hang out with and tailgate at packer game vs raiders. Blue lot. leaving from Mississippi/Illinois

13. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Packers win this one and we will be 19-0! :tup:

• Like Like x 2
  14. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    As a Packers fan since 1961, having sat in Lambeau through the Starr, Gregg and Infante years with season tickets...I want to give you that background before I say what I'm going to say. Back in September I told a friend that I thought the two teams I thought had a shot at beating the Packers were the Lions and the Raiders. The Lions because they have the offense to do it, and the Raiders because they have the running game and play a physical brand of football. If the Raiders can establish some sort of running game, control the clock and keep Rodgers on the sidelines...and score.... they have a shot. Remember, the Packers defense is subpar.(ranked 31st this week--btw--New England is 32nd).
    That said, it is only a shot.
    Also, long ago the notion that just because it's cold it will bother the warmer-climate teams...myth. Look up the numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +185
    Exactly, the Raiders are being underestimated. What you said about keeping Rodgers on the sideline to beat the Pack is very true. That is how the Steelers beat the Pats, they understood that if they got into a shootout it was going to be a LONG day (Brady can shoot out with the best of them) Big Ben and the offense led LONG methodical drives to limit Brady's opportunities. I think it's going to be closer than most people think, Pack eek out another close on by 3. 24-21

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I'm saying 37-35.

It don't matter how bad the Raiders are, every bad team this year has showed up and gave us a run for the money with us being the defending Super Bowl champs. Raiders will have over 450 yards on offense, with 150 being rushing yards, and the rest a desperate Palmer forcing the ball around.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Oh c'mon!
    If Timmy Tbag and the Broncos with that offense can beat the Raiders, anybody can!
    As for the D-fence being ranked 31st?
    Yeah, that's just on paper and the 2011 Packers D show week after week that paper don't matter.

18. Loran

Loran Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I heard McFadden is not playing and they're not sure if hes going to play the rest of the season.

The Raiders do have a solid pass rush however I just think they're banged up in to many spots. I think if the Packers start fast and get a big lead the Raiders will cave.

19. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I'm gonna go big and predict a blow out. It's time for one.
    42-20 for win #19 for the Packers.

20. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    All I care about is our defense showing up and holding them to limited points. I know Rodgers can handle his own sh!t.

21. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
  22. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,470
    McFadden is a dynamic player, no doubt. However, a player that is this close to either playing or not likely is not even close to fully recovered. That means that while the Packers' D still needs to defend the rush, Capers main goal is going to be getting some juicy turnovers out of Palmer. Carson hasn't exactly been a ray of sunshine in recent years, is still absorbing the Raider offense, and is prone to throwing picks. I loved how the Raiders started out this season. I love their coach. I think that they have a bright future. I think that they will lose by double digits to the Packers. Cold or not, these Raiders aren't in the same league as the Packers. They can't turn it off and on like the Giants.

23. CarolinaPackerFan

CarolinaPackerFan Packers fan in Panthers country

Ratings:
    +52
    I'm more worried about the trip to KC than this game. If we lose to Oakland the week after Miami slaughtered them, then we're in trouble.

24. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,329
    So the Packers are basically facing another team who got embarrassed the week before? This is getting old.

25. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +185
    Exactly!

which means not only are they gunning for the defending SB champs, but also for their pride after being smacked around the week prior to facing the Packers. :cautious: