OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
True,

Also, when Gruden talked about Rodgers, he kinda sounded like Madden swooning over Favre. :eek::alien:
I know, the whole game was nothing but gushing Man love for ARoge, I guess when it's a blowout and you are watching the best QB in the league take a scalpel to the opposing team, there's not much else to talk about.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
realcaliforniacheese said "Not happy how they announced it to the world on MNF last night that stocks would probably go on sale the next couple of weeks."​
packerfanFan 28 posted :"I felt the same way. I'm hoping the majority of the people watching will either not care or forget."

What problem do you have concerning TV crew on MNF mentioning the Packer share sale during the Packer-Viking game at Lambeau Field??"

It is great story about a small market team, whose fans buy Packer shares. Packer shares pay no interest to share buyer and shares do not appreciate in value. It is one of kind ownership in NFL, where the fans of the team, also own the team and also manage the Franchise.

There are 112,000 Packer shareholders located in all 50 States and 2 U.S. Territories. There all also Packers fans in other countries.
MNF is excellent PR for Green Bay and it's Packer franchise. This type of PR for Green Bay and the Packers costs Green Bay and Packers Nothing!!

There will be enough Packer shares available for all who want to buy the Packers shares. The proceeds from share sale will go to help defray the cost of expansion of Lambeau Field which will cost $140M.
Expansion of Lambeau field will be completed in 2013.

Green Bay Gal --Gruden was a Packer assistant coach on Mike Holmgren's coaching Staff in the 1990's. There should be no problem in having Gruden buy Packer shares.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Last time they sold about a 1/3 of the stocks they had to offer. I don't see why this time around they would sell out before anyone here had a chance to buy some. I don't see them selling more this time, meaning that they should still have some left at the end of the sale. Unless I win the Lottery and buy as many as I can. :)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah I dont get why people keep freaking out that they wont get any. Everyone will have an option to buy one if you have the $.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Last time they sold about a 1/3 of the stocks they had to offer. I don't see why this time around they would sell out before anyone here had a chance to buy some. I don't see them selling more this time, meaning that they should still have some left at the end of the sale. Unless I win the Lottery and buy as many as I can. :)
I think the panic you're seeing, Raptor, is because all the people posting here are rabid fans. In today's economy, fortunately or unfortunately, there likely won't be a shortage of available stocks for purchase. I'm happy to see that you're interested in buying Packers stock. I bet you're wearing green & gold under that purple jersey. ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Last time wasnt on sale online either..Last time it was word of mouth or news outlets..

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
realcaliforniacheese said "Not happy how they announced it to the world on MNF last night that stocks would probably go on sale the next couple of weeks."​
packerfanFan 28 posted :"I felt the same way. I'm hoping the majority of the people watching will either not care or forget."

What problem do you have concerning TV crew on MNF mentioning the Packer share sale during the Packer-Viking game at Lambeau Field??"

It is great story about a small market team, whose fans buy Packer shares. Packer shares pay no interest to share buyer and shares do not appreciate in value. It is one of kind ownership in NFL, where the fans of the team, also own the team and also manage the Franchise.

There are 112,000 Packer shareholders located in all 50 States and 2 U.S. Territories. There all also Packers fans in other countries.
MNF is excellent PR for Green Bay and it's Packer franchise. This type of PR for Green Bay and the Packers costs Green Bay and Packers Nothing!!

There will be enough Packer shares available for all who want to buy the Packers shares. The proceeds from share sale will go to help defray the cost of expansion of Lambeau Field which will cost $140M.
Expansion of Lambeau field will be completed in 2013.

Green Bay Gal --Gruden was a Packer assistant coach on Mike Holmgren's coaching Staff in the 1990's. There should be no problem in having Gruden buy Packer shares.
Thank you for the Lecture. I feel so much better now. I didn't know any of that, being the casual fan that I am.

tp1393

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have two questions that I'd like to ask existing shareholders:

1) Is there any advantage to owning more than 1 share. I'm sure there are thousands of individuals who own a single share. Is there any benefit to owning more than one share?

2)I'll state upfront that this is a dooms-day scenario, but given the rarity of the opportunities to purchase the shares and become a part-owner in such a well-loved franchise, I want to make sure that I am an owner for life. Is there any chance whatsoever, that at any time in the future, the Packers could do a reverse stock split (for whatever reason; business climate, over dilution of shares, make the record keeping easier, etc.), whereby the Packers would exchange 2 shares of existing stock for 1 share of new stock. This would cause all of the single-share owners to own a partial share, which the Packers would then pay the partial-share owners for. Again, this is a worst-case scenario, but as I stated earlier, I simply want to ensure that I am a full shareholder with full voting rights for the rest of my life.

Thank you for your help.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have two questions that I'd like to ask existing shareholders:

1) Is there any advantage to owning more than 1 share. I'm sure there are thousands of individuals who own a single share. Is there any benefit to owning more than one share?

2)I'll state upfront that this is a dooms-day scenario, but given the rarity of the opportunities to purchase the shares and become a part-owner in such a well-loved franchise, I want to make sure that I am an owner for life. Is there any chance whatsoever, that at any time in the future, the Packers could do a reverse stock split (for whatever reason; business climate, over dilution of shares, make the record keeping easier, etc.), whereby the Packers would exchange 2 shares of existing stock for 1 share of new stock. This would cause all of the single-share owners to own a partial share, which the Packers would then pay the partial-share owners for. Again, this is a worst-case scenario, but as I stated earlier, I simply want to ensure that I am a full shareholder with full voting rights for the rest of my life.

Thank you for your help.
I own two shares and my husband owns one. There is no advantage to owning more than one - I was hoping to get one certificate for home and one for my office, but both shares are shown on the same certificate. We both have full voting rights and are invited to the Shareholders' meeting every year, receiving the same number of tickets.

I know that during the last sale, people who had older stock (the valuable kind!) were offered something like 2000 shares of the new stock if they turned in the old one(s). (As I was talking with a shareholder with the older stock, I told him they couldn't get that old stock from me for any number of these new ones!) However, since these newer stocks are being sold under different circumstances from those in the 20s and 50s, I don't think they will ever be subject to division as you describe above or as the older shares were offered. No promises, of course, but I wouldn't worry about that.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great question! I'm just speculating, but seeing as how the stock really serves no purpose other than a one time use for raising funds and voting rights (they dont have market values, don't pay interest and dividends etc.), having a split or reverse split would really serve no purpose other than to increase or decrease the number of voters. I can't really see them doing that for just voting rights, unless I'm missing something else.

I'll add a 3rd question.

I'm thinking of buying one for my father for X-mas. If he passes away is the share transferable to either me or my mother? I thought I read somewhere that it is not. But if it's not, what becomes of the share after my father dies? It seems it would be useless as no one could vote for the represented share of stock.

tp1393

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believed the 1997 sale went on for months. I really don't think they will be sold out in hours.

As far as I know, the number of shares for the Stock sale has not been set. But the Packers have 280,000 shares available that were authorized from the last sale in 1997-1998.

The last stock sale end, I believe, until March of 1998. Any one who wishes to purchase Packer share will have plenty of time to do so.

Last time they sold about a 1/3 of the stocks they had to offer. I don't see why this time around they would sell out before anyone here had a chance to buy some. I don't see them selling more this time, meaning that they should still have some left at the end of the sale. Unless I win the Lottery and buy as many as I can.:)

It sounds like, at least last time, the available quantity wasn't the issue. Granted, the internet is much different now than it was in 1997/98, however, I'm atleast encouraged that it wasn't a mad-rush to buy up a very small quantity that created some sort of hysteria.

yeah I dont get why people keep freaking out that they wont get any. Everyone will have an option to buy one if you have the $.

Is this the general concensus...do you think available quantity will not be the issue this time either? Therefore, anyone who has the money and wants a share will be able to purchase some shares?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
It sounds like, at least last time, the available quantity wasn't the issue. Granted, the internet is much different now than it was in 1997/98, however, I'm atleast encouraged that it wasn't a mad-rush to buy up a very small quantity that created some sort of hysteria.

Is this the general concensus...do you think available quantity will not be the issue this time either? Therefore, anyone who has the money and wants a share will be able to purchase some shares?
I think they will sell until it they are all gone or it looks like there is no more interest in buying. The more they sell the the more they make to put toward the expansion.

Members online

Latest posts